Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
119 user(s) are online (88 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 118

smf, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Multiplayer Gaming and Competitions - Heretic II, Quake II etc.
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Hi,

With the new Heretic II release and the coming update of Quake 2, I was thinking that it could be fun to arrange some multiplayer games for us Amigans.

I don't know the best way to do this, and I have never played these games in multiplayer before.

A challenge is that we live in different time zones, so when one can play differs.

Ideas, thoughts:

- We ask Walkero about the possibility of making a Multiplayer Gaming thread on the Amigans.net Discord. Games can then be arranged and talked about there in realtime.

- We have, for example, a specific day (or more) each month when a server will be up and people can come playing.

- There is a section for competitions on Amigans.net. Could this be used for multiplayer tournaments?

Any more ideas or suggestions concerning this?

Thanks in advance for input. Hope this helps get the ball rolling.

Go to top
Re: Multiplayer Gaming and Competitions - Heretic II, Quake II etc.
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@AmigaOldskooler

We are currently testing this on Os4Welt with Heretic2 and we have not yet succeeded in starting a multiplayer server game for this Game.

https://www.os4welt.de/viewtopic.php?t=2797

Unfortunately it is in my language....

For Quake2 there is already a server with up to 8 players that we can use for this, and I have already tested this server, but I was alone on the server

MacStudio ARM M1 Max Qemu//Pegasos2 AmigaOs4.1 FE
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
I definitely like this idea. I've never been massively into online multiplayer because I'm a bit crap and the random internet can be a bit hostile. There's little point in it if it's just "bang, blink and you're dead" all the time. Hopefully some Amigans arranged games wouldn't be too bad!

My Heretic 2 hasn't shipped yet but hopefully it will soon. Looks like either I missed the boat and they sold out, or RetroPassion went off on holiday the day after announcing they had stock (or both). But hopefully it won't be too much longer.

I also installed Wolfenstein Enemy Territory but I need to setup my own server to test it as I don't think it works, it won't connect to anything.

I'd be up for other options too. Shame there isn't an Unreal Tournament for OS4, I used to like that back when it first came out.

Amiga x5040 ı 16GB ı RX580
GB-A1000 060@100,
A1200 PiStorm32-Lite CM4
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I am currently organizing things for a Multiplayer event (with the helpfulness of some people of a PC H2 Gaming Website who have some strong servers which can handle many players).

Before I announce a date I need to clear up with them when a server with our requirements (no Mods which do not exist on AmigaOS required) will be set up, but most likely towards the end of the month.

Most likely the Server they provide will also require some extra maps and stuff installed, I will put up an installe for that stuff on os4depot (they don't do absolute barebone installation servers). While H2 can do download missing stuff while playing this way of download is pretty slow, so it is adviced to download and preinstall the additionally needed maps.

Go to top

Register To Post