Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
103 user(s) are online (83 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 102

nbache, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

AmiUpdate Passwords
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
According to the AmiUpdate web page, when accessing a site that requires login you will prompted the first time and then this information should be stored in the site list file which should be in the AmiUpdate folder.

I get prompted for the login for Hyperion's website every time I do a scan. I also don't seem to have a site list in the AmiUpdate folder. I currently have the servers www.amiupdate.net and update.amigaos.net defined with amiupdate being the one tagged for self update so I would think this information should be getting stored somewhere but I don't know where.

I have tried to add this to the AmiUpdate bug tracker but it's locked down and I can only get in as a guest user.

Hopefully I'm missing something obvious or doing something wrong! I swear back when I was trying OS4.1 under emulation it didn't prompt me every time but that was years ago and I can't remember how I did it, or if it just worked by itself.

Amiga x5040 ı 16GB ı RX580
GB-A1000 060@100,
A1200 PiStorm32-Lite CM4
Go to top
Re: AmiUpdate Passwords
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Hmm, it doesn't appear to be autosaved.

The file is called SiteList, in the same path as the main AmiUpdate executable

It has 3 lines

AmigaOSUpdateServer
yourusername
yourpassword

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Thank you - that appears to have worked nicely!

GB-A1000 060@100,
A1200 PiStorm32-Lite CM4
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
I'm pretty sure it used to be autosaved in the past, so it must be a bug having crept in lately.

@MartinW, have you tried creating a user on the site and log in to the bug tracker with that?

Best regards,

Niels

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
I haven't, no - if you click on Register For Account is just takes you to a web page for Codebench that hasn't been updated since 2017 and as far as I could see, didn't contain the register page that the link suggested it should.

GB-A1000 060@100,
A1200 PiStorm32-Lite CM4
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@nbache

It seems to be a bug...as long as @MartinW logged onto Hyperion's server via the pop up password window (coming from AmiUpdate) with the correct credentials it should have been automatically saved to SiteList

from the amiupdate site

Quote:

AmiUpdate has an FTP client built in to it, so it can fetch from those server types, as well as fetching from web sites via HTTP(S) download.
Some FTP servers are closed servers, and require authentication via a logon prompt. You will need to know the logon details for any closed servers you may need to access, as you will be prompted to enter them the first time you access that site. The logon details are then stored locally so that once you have entered the details, you will not need to do it again. These details are stored in the "SiteList" file in the same directory as AmiUpdate. The same is true for WWW "Realms" which are password protected files on HTTP(S) servers. Again you will be required to enter login details for these types of updates, but instead of the server name, the name of the "realm" will be saved in the Sitelist file upon a successfull connection and download.

People are dying.
Entire ecosystems are collapsing.
We are in the beginning of a mass extinction.
And all you can talk about is money and fairytales of eternal economic growth.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
I'll contact the chap later when I'm back to either get a login or at least report it. Got to head out for a bit.

GB-A1000 060@100,
A1200 PiStorm32-Lite CM4
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
I finally got a chance to have another look this morning and realised there is a contact link inside the bug tracker. But it looks like the bug has been picked up yesterday anyway. I imagine from reading here.

GB-A1000 060@100,
A1200 PiStorm32-Lite CM4
Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
@MartinW

Yep, I've seen the bug, reported it.Looked through the code, and found the problem.

The code to save the details was commented out!!!!

I've no idea when or why this happened, but at least it will be fixed in the next release....

Simon

Comments made in any post are personal opinion, and are in no-way representative of any commercial entity unless specifically stated as such.
----
http://codebench.co.uk
Go to top

Register To Post