Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
185 user(s) are online (134 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 182

kas1e, jarokuczi, MamePPCA1, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

SimpleSub v2.0 Demo Video
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Here is a demo video showing the capabilities of the new SimpleSub v2.0 program for adding subtitles to videos. It now uses ffmpeg as the encoder instead of mencoder. This has allowed many new features.

SImpleSub_Demo_1080p (~37MB)
SimpleSub_Demo_720p (~31MB)
SimpleSub Demo 480p (~70M - Slow CPU Systems)

If someone would like to post this to their YouTube Channel and provide a link feel free. Also feel free to post the link to OS4Depot.

Edited by ktadd on 2023/12/12 11:17:29
AmigaOne X1000, uA1
Go to top
Re: SimpleSub v2.0 Demo Video
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
WoW! Thanks for the update! It is nice to see progress. Till now I have version 1.1 in use. Now I installed 2.0

How preview option works? When I click on preview I do not get any kind of preview window or something like that. For player path I am using mplayer, and it works when I try to play output file.

tnx

Amiga x5000 ı o2o ı 4GB RAM ı RadeonRX580 | SBlaster Audigy Fx - AmigaOS4.1 FInal Edition

A1200 sandwich

Warp - Croatian Amiga portal
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@VooDoo
Quote:
How preview option works? When I click on preview I do not get any kind of preview window or something like that.

Thanks for using SImpleSub.

Preview should work by selecting a title from the list and clicking the Preview button.
What version of MPlayer are you using?

It supports this one:
http://www.os4depot.net/?function=sho ... o/play/mickjt-mplayer.lha

It looks like maybe you are running an RX graphics card. I don't have one so I haven't tested the RX version of mickjt_mplayerRX. Not sure why it wouldn't work though. If you still have trouble then send me an email at the address listed in the guide file and I'll send you a debug build to try.

AmigaOne X1000, uA1
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@ktadd

The lack of a specific video output may be the problem. You would have to add a video output when calling mplayer - may be "-vo comp".
Mplayer uses a configuration file in its home directory. It can't select it - it chooses the first one in the list.
This may not work for everyone - it certainly doesn't work for me under QEMU.
You can also add options from calling video output for mplayer in the program.
Likewise with the new mplayer to drag a video file onto an icon in amidock and reverse it works but how you specify the output. It cannot be without.
It is possible to handle this in mplayer itself by setting the output that works on every amiga in the first place. But the version from mickjt probably won't be improved anymore.
You should be able to see it here

https://streamable.com/p8zyat

Best regards

Edited by smarkusg on 2023/12/12 23:36:21
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Double Post....sorry.

AmigaOne X1000, uA1
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@smarkusg
Quote:
The lack of a specific video output may be the problem. You would have to add a video output when calling mplayer - may be "-vo comp".
Mplayer uses a configuration file in its home directory. It can't select it - it chooses the first one in the list.

I suspect your right about the video driver not being the right one but MPlayer should either default to a driver that works or use the one specified in it's config file. I have the following options in my config file:

# for newer systems and graphics cards
vo=comp_yuv2 # fastest but will slow down a little when OSD is used.
# vo=comp_yuv # fast and will not slow down when OSD is used.
# vo=comp
# vo=sdl # uses SDL library for playback. (platform independent)
# vo=gl # uses OpenGL video output driver.

# for older systems and graphics cards
# vo=comp::rgb
# vo=comp::argb
# vo=cgx_wpa
# vo=p96_pip

I tried all the ones for the newer system on my X1000 with a Radeon HD card and they work. Can't try the drivers for the older systems on my system.

Are you saying that MPlayer running under QEMU doesn't use the config file properly?

Or are you saying you need to pick a driver that is different than the above listed ones?

Also, I'm not sure why PlayOutput works for VooDoo but Preview doesn't.

In VideoClipper I added an "MP_Video_Output" Tooltype so the user can specify which driver to use with MPlayer. I could do the same with SImpleSub. I'd rather not add the selection to the GUI because I'm hoping when a new version of Emotion comes out I can support it as a player as well.

Could you try VideoClipper with the tool type set to what you need for your system and let me know if that works for you?

AmigaOne X1000, uA1
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@ktadd

Sorry my mistake - but maybe it will be a lesson to others.
I checked and ...
I overwrote the config file from Mplayer with the video output "vo=p96_pip" which doesn't work for me. I corrected it to the correct one and everything is ok.

Everything works. so I do not pay attention to what I wrote earlier.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@smarkusg
@smarkusg
Quote:

No problem. I took a minute and added an MP_VIDEO_OUTPUT tooltype to SimpleSub so the user can specify the video driver for MPlayer.

(ie. MP_VIDEO_OUTPUT = -vo comp_yuv)

If anyone would like to try this addition, just email me and I'll send you a beta version to try.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@ktadd

wow thats really cool.

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
and other tools and apps.
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@smarkusg

its because you use Silicon Motion in QEMU,
it does not support composition yuv422 modes.

It only support HD cards, not older cards.
it should work on R9 and RX cards, but I put a string test to check it’s a HD card, so does crash on older cards, this what prevents it from working on R9 and RX. I’m bit shocked that no one has made any attempt to add support for their R9 and RX cards.

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@LiveForIt
Quote:
I’m bit shocked that no one has made any attempt to add support for their R9 and RX cards.

If you want to help us , point out errors privately or "kill" for code I gave you a PM link to mplayer where you can help us
I don't know if it doesn't work - you have to check, I think it works. I only check the operation under QEMU

Of course you don't have to , but your knowledge would be useful.

Thank you in advance

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@ktaddQuote:
ktadd wrote:@smarkusg
@smarkusg
Quote:

No problem. I took a minute and added an MP_VIDEO_OUTPUT tooltype to SimpleSub so the user can specify the video driver for MPlayer.

(ie. MP_VIDEO_OUTPUT = -vo comp_yuv)

If anyone would like to try this addition, just email me and I'll send you a beta version to try.

Unfortunately I couldn't use and test your SimpleSub. I also have the problem that the output via comp doesn't work. The comp output normally works with MPlayer. I think comp_yuv is 3D accelerated and can't work under Qemu/AmigaOs4.1.

I watched your introductory video and it's really great. Since I currently do a lot with videos, I would try to edit my videos directly under AmigaOs4.1 with SmpleSub or add subtitles.

I would like to test the new tooltype settings, please send me the new beta. Or contact me....

Regards

Edited by Maijestro on 2023/12/15 17:51:29
MacStudio ARM M1 Max Qemu//Pegasos2 AmigaOs4.1 FE
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Maijestro

It’s 2D accelerated, it can’t do 3D.

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Maijestro
Quote:
Unfortunately I couldn't use and test your SimpleSub. I also have the problem that the output via comp doesn't work. The comp output normally works with MPlayer. I think comp_yuv is 3D accelerated and can't work under Qemu/AmigaOs4.1.

Hmm....seems like the people having issues are using Qemu. Not sure why that would be the case. Check your "vo" setting in the Mplayer config file which is located in the "conf" directory that should be in your Mplayer directory. Verify that is as an entry like this: "vo=comp" with no # sign at the start of the line.

I'd be happy to send you the beta version. Just email me a request at the email address found under the "Author" section in the "SimpleSub.guide" file. That helps me keep track of who has a beta version.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@ktaddQuote:

I'd be happy to send you the beta version. Just email me a request at the email address found under the "Author" section in the "SimpleSub.guide" file. That helps me keep track of who has a beta version.

I think I caused the playback problem myself because I used different versions of MPlayer and SimpleSup always wanted to access the wrong version.

I have now limited myself to the latest version of MPlayer, which works very reliably in the output sdl_SM502/comp/wpa. I have deleted all other versions from my system.

The test video in SimpleSub can now be played, but before there is an error message "Guru Meditation" the error must be ignored and then the video plays. When I finish the test video I also get a “guru”. Of course, it could also be that there is currently a problem with MPlayer which prevents the use of SimpleSup. If you want I can also submit a few bug reports.

Resized Image

MacStudio ARM M1 Max Qemu//Pegasos2 AmigaOs4.1 FE
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Maijestro
Quote:
I think I caused the playback problem myself because I used different versions of MPlayer and SimpleSup always wanted to access the wrong version

In your screenshot it looks like you are using a beta version of Mplayer (path in title bar). That version is known to have issues. Email me with the version of Mplayer you are using and we can discuss further. As mentioned in the Simplesub docs, it requires the mickjt of liveforit version of Mplayer.

Confirmed a beta version, which is known to not work right with the ass subtitles is the issue. Sent a beta version and some suggestions which should help.

Note that the VPLAYER tooltype can be set to specify a specific version of MPlayer to be used with SimpleSub.

Edited by ktadd on 2023/12/16 18:35:05
Go to top

Register To Post