Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
124 user(s) are online (81 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 123

jabirulo, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 6 ... 9 »
Re: Pegasos2 with RadeonHD/RX via bridge
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@joerg
Quote:

Only AmigaOS 4.x kernels with PCIe support (X1000, X5000, A1222, etc.) will try to use PCIe cards, kernels for PCI-only hardware (classic Amiga, AmigaOne SE/XE/µA1, Pegasos2, etc.) wont, they only include support for 32 bit PCI cards.

But then, it was made via bridge to work on that hardware, and kernel was ok with. Especially on AmigaOne SE/XE/µA1.

@balaton
Will made another with loglevel 7, just need 30 mins out

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@balaton
Quote:
Then how could @geennam use a passed through PCIe card?
Should only be possible if it's changed to 32 bit PCI, by Forth firmware scripts or inside BBoot.
Except for 32 bit PCI vs. 64 bit PCIe BARs there is probably not much difference between PCI and PCIe for the kernel, and the kernel only uses what it gets from the firmware.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@joerg

Sam440 has no PCIe either. Yet, a Radeon R9 270x works just fine with a PCI to PCIe bridge. No conversion of bars to 32bit with scripts needed.

It looks like the firmware plays the decisive role and not the kernel. From a kernel pov, PCIe and PCI are similar. The additional features for PCIe like msi and msi-x are not supported anyways by amigaos4

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Balaton
full boot with bboot and adapter/radeonhd attached debug-level 7:
(yeah, [ScanController] strings added)

https://kas1e.mikendezign.com/pegasos2 ... ot_bboot_debuglevel_7.txt

I did brief search on 682B (device id of RadeonHD's display), and on AAB0 (hd-audio of RadeonHD) and find nothing. It just simply stop scanning after the bus.

It sounds like you were right : bboot didn't scan down to bridge, so amigaboot.of , and kernel then know nothing about too

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@kas1e
It's not related that BBoot scns the bus and AmigaOS kernel scans it these just both seem to have the same issue to only consider the two top level PCI buses and not expect a lower level bridgw. Fising this in BBoot would print info and change 64bit BARs of the attached PCIe card but if then AmigaOS kernel does not read that info it won't fix it. Maybe we'd also need to make some other changes but that might be difficult or disable the AGP port if we move the info about the bridge there so it would be hard to debug but maybe still possible over serial. Also I can't test it so not sure yet how can I do this but did not have time to look at it in more detail yet.

I think on the AmigaOne XE this bridge also did not work but the other one did so maybe we'll have better luck with that. I think all the info needed can be gathered in one lot if you do dump-all then boot with BBoot with debug kernel and loglevel=7. I already have these for this bridge so only will be needed for the other bridge but then you can get it in one go and don't have to send different logs.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Pegasos 2, AmigaOne, Sam440ep-flex has no PCIe support. But it doesn't matter.

With transparent PCI-PCIe bridge firmware oprerates it like standart PCI-PCI bridge. And transparent means, that messages which the same both on PCI an PCIe definitions are passed-through, different are translated ( for example PCIe assert_int is "translated" to PCI hw interrupt ). Both PEX 8112 and P17C9X bridges are transparent. Hans made some driver optimalizations for 8112 bridge, but for me this bridge not worked.

The only important is, how is firmware capable recognize cards after bridge. Sam440ep do it perfectly, AmigaOne recognize card, but not setup the interrupt nr. and cache line - except this it work. PCIe cards works there with RadeonHD driver. Pegasos I don't know yet. Without correct recognition by firmware Operating System has no chance to operate the card.

Correctly recognized PCIe cards after briges is operated like standart PCI cards.
For me it works on Sam440ep-flex and AmigaOne with PCIe cards upto Southern Island, i.e. HD7970, HD7750, R9 270X. Polaris cards was not recognized.
Today I am using PCIe R9 270X with Sam440ep-flex, and on AmigaOne standart AGP card - there were problems with PCIe card speed.

AmigaOS3: Amiga 1200
AmigaOS4: Micro A1-C, AmigaOne XE, Pegasos II, Sam440ep, Sam440ep-flex, AmigaOne X1000
MorphOS: Efika 5200b, Pegasos I, Pegasos II, Powerbook, Mac Mini, iMac, Powermac Quad
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@sailor

My Polaris was recognized in a sam44-flex. But the x86 emulator wasn't able to correctly init the card. This resulted in a RX driver error which in turn made the sam440 hang during boot.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@sailor

My Polaris was recognized in a sam44-flex. But the x86 emulator wasn't able to correctly init the card. This resulted in a RX driver error which in turn made the sam440 hang during boot.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@geennaam
I checked old logs and you are right - firmware recognized Polaris card ( my was RX460 ) and RadeonRX output was this:

RadeonRX (6): <rxEarlyInitRadeonRX (6): add ip block number 0 <vi_commonRadeonRX (6): add ip block number 1 <gmc_v8_0RadeonRX (6): add ip block number 2 <tonga_ihRadeonRX (6): add ip block number 3 <amdgpu_powerplayRadeonRX (6): add ip block number 4 <dce_v11_0RadeonRX (6): add ip block number 5 <gfx_v8_0RadeonRX (6): </amdgpu_device_parse_gpu_info_fw result="0x00000000"RadeonRX (6): Early init of block <vi_common>

and it ends with this messages and no graphics output.

AmigaOS4: Micro A1-C, AmigaOne XE, Pegasos II, Sam440ep, Sam440ep-flex, AmigaOne X1000
MorphOS: Efika 5200b, Pegasos I, Pegasos II, Powerbook, Mac Mini, iMac, Powermac Quad
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@sailor
Quote:

Pegasos I don't know yet. Without correct recognition by firmware Operating System has no chance to operate the card.

As you can see in previous post : pegasos2 firmware did recognize and pci bridge and radeonhd card in : both video and audio part (see the post on previous page).

The problem now, its a kernel for pegasos2, which see only bridge and then nothing happens.

@sailor,geennaam
Issues with driver can be sorted, but for that, kernel should see the hardware in bridge, and so radeonhd driver will try to inits at all. Currently peg2 kernel even didnt know about card in bridge, while OF know about, so RadeonHD driver didnt starts at all

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@sailor
Quote:

Hans made some driver optimalizations for 8112 bridge, but for me this bridge not worked.

Maybe you remember how it not work exactly ? Wasnt seen by os4 kernel, so ranger and co fail to see it, or, wasnt seen by firmware ? Or were seen by firmware, and seen by os4 kernel, but driver wasnt working correctly ?

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@kas1eQuote:

Maybe you remember how it not work exactly ? Wasnt seen by os4 kernel, so ranger and co fail to see it, or, wasnt seen by firmware ? Or were seen by firmware, and seen by os4 kernel, but driver wasnt working correctly ?

Here is simple description how 8112 not works for me.

Quote:

Issues with driver can be sorted, but for that, kernel should see the hardware in bridge, and so radeonhd driver will try to inits at all. Currently peg2 kernel even didnt know about card in bridge, while OF know about, so RadeonHD driver didnt starts at all

That's weird. I thought that the OS is not interested in what is in front or behind the bridge. I thought that OS simply access all cards with PCI addresses which are initialized by firmware.
But I am not kernel programmer, so I can be wrong

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@kas1e

I've filed a bug report two years ago. Given the RadeonRX.chip.debug output, it was determined that it was the sam440 u-boot x86 emulator shortcoming and that Hans couldn't do anything about it on driver side.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@sailor
Quote:

Here is simple description how 8112 not works for me.

So it works as hardware, Radeon drivers even see hardware through that bridge, it just was issues with driver. But hardware were visibly then.

But maybe it was 8111 version of chip, and 8112 have new issue ?

@All

Got power-adapter riser today : tried and it change nothing. The same i can see card in OF, but kernel simple skip it. So this is not the power issue for sure.

Also tried to boot without AGP card in at all : no luck, it just comes to the time when driver should find a card, and "no graphics card found" from graphics.library or so.

So, while i waiting for another bridge to arrive (it will take another 10 days), i will try to boot from Morphos and Linux, so to see, how they see it (and if they at all). By that we will know at least if morphos or linux can see that RadeonHD card in, as OF see it.

Did anyone know what software on Morphos list all the devices like Ranger/Sysmon on os4 ?

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@All

So tried to boot morphos with adapter and RadeonHD in, just enabled for their kernel logging of PCI , and that what i have in output:

for bridge:
LIB_PCIXScanBusTagListDeviceID 0x8112
LIB_PCIXScanBusTagList
ClassID 0x6
LIB_PCIXScanBusTagList
SubClassID 0x4
LIB_PCIXScanBusTagList
Hidden 0x0
LIB_PCIXScanBusTagList
Board has no custom interrupt ID
LIB_PCIXScanBusTagList
Board has no MSI interrupt ID
LIB_PCIXScanBusTagList
BoardNode 0x14025454
LIB_PCIXScanBusTagList
PCIConfig 0x0
LIB_PCIXScanBusTagList
Vendor 0x10b5
LIB_PCIXScanBusTagList
Device 0x8112
LIB_PCIXScanBusTagList
: Class 0x6
LIB_PCIXScanBusTagList
SubClass 0x4
LIB_PCIXScanBusTagList
No direct PCIConfigBase access
LIB_PCIXScanBusTagList
Create MapNodes
LIB_PCIXScanBusTagList
No more Boards
LIB_PCIXScanBusTagList
SlotNode 0x14025414
LIB_PCIXScanBusTagList
Board </local/hardware/bridge/pci0/0/12/0>

And for RadeonHD inserted into the bridge (both display and audio):

Display:

LIB_PCIXScanBusTagListDeviceID 0x682b
LIB_PCIXScanBusTagList
ClassID 0x3
LIB_PCIXScanBusTagList
SubClassID 0x0
LIB_PCIXScanBusTagList
Hidden 0x0
LIB_PCIXScanBusTagList
LIB_PCIXScanBusTagList
LIB_PCIXScanBusTagList
VBaseAddress[0]=0xdfff2000
LIB_PCIXScanBusTagList
BaseSize[0]=0x10000000
LIB_PCIXScanBusTagList
BaseType[0]=0x1
LIB_PCIXScanBusTagList
BaseCacheMode[0]=0x3
LIB_PCIXScanBusTagList
VBaseAddress[2]=0xdffb2000
LIB_PCIXScanBusTagList
BaseSize[2]=0x40000
LIB_PCIXScanBusTagList
BaseType[2]=0x1
LIB_PCIXScanBusTagList
BaseCacheMode[2]=0x2
LIB_PCIXScanBusTagList
VBaseAddress[4]=0xdffb1000
LIB_PCIXScanBusTagList
BaseSize[4]=0x1000
LIB_PCIXScanBusTagList
BaseType[4]=0x0
LIB_PCIXScanBusTagList
BaseCacheMode[4]=0x2
LIB_PCIXScanBusTagList
BoardNode 0x140255cc
LIB_PCIXScanBusTagList
PCIConfig 0x0
LIB_PCIXScanBusTagList
Vendor 0x1002
LIB_PCIXScanBusTagList
Device 0x682b
LIB_PCIXScanBusTagList
: Class 0x3
LIB_PCIXScanBusTagList
SubClass 0x0
LIB_PCIXScanBusTagList
LIB_PCIXScanBusTagList
Create MapNodes
LIB_PCIXScanBusTagList
VBaseAddress[00xdfff2000
LIB_PCIXScanBusTagList
MapNode 0x14025dd8
LIB_PCIXScanBusTagList
Base MapNode
LIB_PCIXScanBusTagList
VBaseAddress[20xdffb2000
LIB_PCIXScanBusTagList
MapNode 0x14025e08
LIB_PCIXScanBusTagList
Base MapNode
LIB_PCIXScanBusTagList
VBaseAddress[40xdffb1000
LIB_PCIXScanBusTagList
MapNode 0x14025e38
LIB_PCIXScanBusTagList
Base MapNode

Audio:
LIB_PCIXScanBusTagListBoard </local/hardware/bridge/pci0/1/0/1>
LIB_PCIXScanBusTagListVendorID 0x1002
LIB_PCIXScanBusTagList
DeviceID 0xaab0
LIB_PCIXScanBusTagList
ClassID 0x4
LIB_PCIXScanBusTagList
SubClassID 0x3
LIB_PCIXScanBusTagList
Hidden 0x0
LIB_PCIXScanBusTagList
LIB_PCIXScanBusTagList
LIB_PCIXScanBusTagList
VBaseAddress[0]=0xdffad000
LIB_PCIXScanBusTagList
BaseSize[0]=0x4000
LIB_PCIXScanBusTagList
BaseType[0]=0x1
LIB_PCIXScanBusTagList
BaseCacheMode[0]=0x2
LIB_PCIXScanBusTagList
BoardNode 0x14025e6c
LIB_PCIXScanBusTagList
PCIConfig 0x0
LIB_PCIXScanBusTagList
Vendor 0x1002
LIB_PCIXScanBusTagList
Device 0xaab0
LIB_PCIXScanBusTagList
: Class 0x4
LIB_PCIXScanBusTagList
SubClass 0x3
LIB_PCIXScanBusTagList
LIB_PCIXScanBusTagList
Create MapNodes
LIB_PCIXScanBusTagList
VBaseAddress[00xdffad000
LIB_PCIXScanBusTagList
MapNode 0x14025f28
LIB_PCIXScanBusTagList
Base MapNode

So Morphos's kernel surely can see RadeonHD as hardware in the log, pointing out that hardware related it ok. Bridge works, RadeonHD in it can be seen from other OS.

Now we need to understand : what problem OS4 kernel have to see it as hardware (i didn't mean working drivers or anything currently, just why it did see bridge, but didn't see what inside of bridge).

Maybe OS4 do see them, but failed to do something, and so we have no logging about ?

Will be interesting to find an app kind of Randger/Sysmon for morphos, to see if from the OS side it see the RadeonHD from bridge too, and not just log the scanning pci bus details..

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e

Quote:
Now we need to understand : what problem OS4 kernel have to see it as hardware (i didn't mean working drivers or anything currently, just why it did see bridge, but didn't see what inside of bridge).

Sound like does not do it recurseivly, I think it only does it as if it was a simple list.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j9yL30R6npk

Edited by LiveForIt on 2023/7/27 0:23:28
(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
and other tools and apps.
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@LiveForIt

Quote:
Sound like does not do it recurseivly, I think it only does it as if it was a simple list.

Yes, it certainly sounds like it. So, a possible workaround would be to flatten the node structure. Ugly, but it's either that, or someone has to fix the OS' openfirmware PCI tree parsing code...

Hans

http://hdrlab.org.nz/ - Amiga OS 4 projects, programming articles and more.
https://keasigmadelta.com/ - more of my work
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@kas1eQuote:

Did anyone know what software on Morphos list all the devices like Ranger/Sysmon on os4 ?

From MorphOS I am using PCItool

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Hans
Quote:

Yes, it certainly sounds like it. So, a possible workaround would be to flatten the node structure.

You mean it can be done from boot loaders like amigaboot/bboot, etc ?

Quote:

Ugly, but it's either that, or someone has to fix the OS' openfirmware PCI tree parsing code...

I think any changes in the kernel is close to 0 chance that anything will be done, or ever will be released even if it will be done :)

Alternatively, we can disassemble pegasos2 kernel, find out the parts which do PCI tree parsing code, make a jump from assembler code to our new C based code, doing correct parsin, and at end jump back to the end of PCI scanning code (like viruses do). Then assemble whole thing back to working kernel code. That of course kind of hardcore, but can be done if nothing help.

At least i doing the same back in the past with the Cisco's firmwares when was in needs to update some parts and didn't have source code of it. And then makes .diff patch for.

Maybe that way will be also the solution and not _that_ hard (see futher in the post for more info).

@sailor
Quote:

From MorphOS I am using PCItool

Thanks, that the good one !

@All

So, from morphos, bridge definitely sees together with RadeonHD in it, check this out:

(click open images in new window for full sizes):

Bridge:

Resized Image

RadeonHD video part:

Resized Image

RadeonHD audio part:

Resized Image

What i can see from those screenshoots, is that everything on PCI0 except RadeonHD9250 in PCI1 (so AGP), but, the RadeonHD in the bridge (which on PCI0, and which OS4 kernel find), are on BUS#1 . Which mean that OS4 kernel, do read PCI0 and PCI1 lines, but scan (or read from firmware), no other BUS than 0.

Also, we can see, that RadeonHD both Video and Audio pars, sitting automatically on IRQ9 again (dunno if it's done by Morhos's kernel or by Firmware).

So either OS4 kernel didn't scan any other BUS than 0 on PCI0/1 lines (which probably the case), or, it internally scans it, but didn't see it on IRC9, and fail as well (Through i assume we should have errors from kernel logs).

I wrote mail to OS4-Beta about, so anyone with access to source code may check what actually the case there. Maybe Thomas can check it, but if not, as far as i know from the ones lurking around TonyW and Salas00 also have access to ExecSG code, so maybe they can confirm it..

Edited by kas1e on 2023/7/27 7:18:23
Edited by kas1e on 2023/7/27 7:21:25
Edited by kas1e on 2023/7/27 13:05:43
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@kas1e
Quote:
At least in Ranger on Peg2 i do have many labels as bridges (which can be just name-labeling of course). That how it looks like:
Your Ranger PCI result, as well as any other Pegasos2 ones I've seen so far, no matter if real hardware or QEmu, are just a simple list.
Check for example https://www.amigaportal.cz/filedata/fetch?id=159426&d=1669032514 how it has to look like on a system with bridge support: It's a tree, not just a flat list.
I don't know if the problem is the Pegasos2 SmartFirmware doing something different than U-Boot, or the Pegasos2 kernel not supporting bridges/trees because, unlike for example AmigaOne SE/XE/µA1 and Sam4x0, the Pegasos2 hardware doesn't include any PCI-to-PCI bridges and therefore including support for it wasn't required.

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 2 (3) 4 5 6 ... 9 »