Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
48 user(s) are online (32 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 48

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Sound problems on MAME,Final Burn and more
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Hi Amigans

I have problems with the xMAME 1.06 port
,Final Burn and sometimes on MickJT MPLayer.

For example on this evening,on some roms I experienced that when I loaded at the beggining there is no sound until for example when the demo of the Arcade Machine begun and I feel similar as bad when I tried to play and the sound lasted for some seconds to appear.This was on xMAME 1.06,

On Final Burn the same and with MickJT Mplayer same results.

These behavior was identical when I plugged and solve my initial sound issue back on December of 2021 when I was living on another house until December 2021.

Why this strange/erroneus behavior? Is this fixable? How can I run my MAME roms without loss of sound?

Is vital and very important to me.

Thanks in advance

Amiga 500 1MB Chip RAM with ACA 500+ACA1232,CD32,Amiga 1300 030/50 Mhz,32MB (now on my hands at least)and Amiga One G3 XE PPC 800 Mhz,ATI Radeon 9250 128 MB,256 MB RAM,Seagate 200 GB HD,2 working DVD drives,X-Arcade double for MAME,Sil0680,4 USB ports,LG
Go to top
Re: Sound problems on MAME,Final Burn and more
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@MamePPCA1Quote:
MamePPCA1 wrote:Hi Amigans

I have problems with the xMAME 1.06 port
,Final Burn and sometimes on MickJT MPLayer.

For example on this evening,on some roms I experienced that when I loaded at the beggining there is no sound until for example when the demo of the Arcade Machine begun and I feel similar as bad when I tried to play and the sound lasted for some seconds to appear.This was on xMAME 1.06,

On Final Burn the same and with MickJT Mplayer same results.

These behavior was identical when I plugged and solve my initial sound issue back on December of 2021 when I was living on another house until December 2021.

Why this strange/erroneus behavior? Is this fixable? How can I run my MAME roms without loss of sound?

Is vital and very important to me.

Thanks in advance

I've tested xMAME v1.06 and it worked fine here. No jittering sound or slowdowns. Everything works fine. So far it seems I have issues with the other MAME versions for Amiga, but not with xMAME.

I've also tested MAME 0.37b14 (the latest DOS version) under DOSBox SVN - no problems with sound, but it is too slow and too many frameskips to be useful.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@drHirudo

Do you have AmigaOne X5000?

On AmigaOne about 10 years ago I've experienced noisy sound and lockups.Now xMAME never lockups,only when I get a Grim Reaper,you cannot return to Workbench.

The point is that is happening me since ages and don't know why,for example on NEO-GEO roms it doesn't sound on the Bios startup sound,

All I can say is that is an annoying sound issue and to solve it I will need real help,

xMAME 1.06 rules!!!

Amiga 500 1MB Chip RAM with ACA 500+ACA1232,CD32,Amiga 1300 030/50 Mhz,32MB (now on my hands at least)and Amiga One G3 XE PPC 800 Mhz,ATI Radeon 9250 128 MB,256 MB RAM,Seagate 200 GB HD,2 working DVD drives,X-Arcade double for MAME,Sil0680,4 USB ports,LG
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@MamePPCA1Quote:
MamePPCA1 wrote:@drHirudo

I have AmigaOne X1000 and micro AmigaOne (but it is not used much recently, since I moved premises).

Quote:

On AmigaOne about 10 years ago I've experienced noisy sound and lockups.Now xMAME never lockups,only when I get a Grim Reaper,you cannot return to Workbench.

I used xMAME back in 2011-2012 on my microA1 and it worked flawlessy even on the lower specced Amiga (only 256 MB of RAM and 32 MB Video RAM) and it worked fine even on 800 MHz. I even have a video of it (low quality, but as seen no slowdowns).

Now with AmigaOne X1000 MAME is much better experience. Faster, better resolutions and HDMI (digital) output! On the MicroA1 it is VGA (analog).

Only issue that I have and is very annoying is that xMAME crashes if I have wrong ROM zip set (missing files etc.) and I have to reboot my Amiga to get back on track. So I need to have the exact MAME 1.06 ROMs sets. I am playing MAME on window on the X1000 BTW, but played full screen on the micro. Sometimes the speed is different, because on full screen, it can open lower bits screen (8-bits) instead of 16 or 24, which used to speed up a lot in the old Amigas. I don't know if this is still the case with the new graphics drivers on AmigaOS 4.1, but I can't use some of the custom screen modes, because I am framegrabbing my output to a very pick Decklink capture card.

[qoute]

The point is that is happening me since ages and don't know why,for example on NEO-GEO roms it doesn't sound on the Bios startup sound,

All I can say is that is an annoying sound issue and to solve it I will need real help,
[/quote]

Did you try different NEO-GEO bios?
Quote:

xMAME 1.06 rules!!!

Yes, so far xMAME 1.06 seems to be the most stable and working for me. There are newer versions also MESS and SDLMAME, but they are not stable on my X1000. Probably need to try them again on the μA1.

Also, I don't know how much X5000 is faster than the X1000, but you can try hyperemulation (Emulator in Emulator). Yesterday, I ran some MAME0.37b14 games under DOSBox SVN (DOSBox with JIT) and got more than 10 FPS with some games. Sound was okay. I am waiting for my Amiga X5000/040, then I can test again.

I see TheMagicSN (Steffen Häuser) active again on the Amiga. He was one of the first people to port MAME to AmigaPPC.
Probably, he can look into fixing some of the old bugs (or recompiling the old sources against newer libs), or even porting the latest MAME (v251 as of now)? With version 0.162 MESS merged with MAME and it became quete and beast of an emulator (I use it a lot and even have some bugs submitted and fixed), but also our Amigas improved a lot since then (speedwise and memory - what matters most for MAME).

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@drHirudoQuote:
drHirudo wrote:@MamePPCA1Quote:
MamePPCA1 wrote:@drHirudo

I have AmigaOne X1000 and micro AmigaOne (but it is not used much recently, since I moved premises).

Quote:

I used xMAME back in 2011-2012 on my microA1 and it worked flawlessy even on the lower specced Amiga (only 256 MB of RAM and 32 MB Video RAM) and it worked fine even on 800 MHz. I even have a video of it (low quality, but as seen no slowdowns).

Yes I used MAME between 2006-2013 aproximately and except random lockups it worked flawlessly.I have great fun alone and with friends too with the X-Arcade double controller and more than 2000 roms.

Now with AmigaOne X1000 MAME is much better experience. Faster, better resolutions and HDMI (digital) output! On the MicroA1 it is VGA (analog).

I am happy for you.For me MAME is THE EMULATOR.I had in the past dozens and dozens of screenmodes defined for MAME on my AmigaOne XE on Picasso96.And discovered great Arcades too.

Only issue that I have and is very annoying is that xMAME crashes if I have wrong ROM zip set (missing files etc.) and I have to reboot my Amiga to get back on track. So I need to have the exact MAME 1.06 ROMs sets. I am playing MAME on window on the X1000 BTW, but played full screen on the micro. Sometimes the speed is different, because on full screen, it can open lower bits screen (8-bits) instead of 16 or 24, which used to speed up a lot in the old Amigas. I don't know if this is still the case with the new graphics drivers on AmigaOS 4.1, but I can't use some of the custom screen modes, because I am framegrabbing my output to a very pick Decklink capture card.

Yeah I see.I ussually have problems with the zipfiles of some roms like Street Fighter 2 and clones and it doent force me tom reset instead it decreases my RAM memory.

[qoute]

Did you try different NEO-GEO bios?
Quote:

Yes but it happens not only with NEO-GEO roms but with others too.Don't know why really

xMAME 1.06 rules!!!

Yes, so far xMAME 1.06 seems to be the most stable and working for me. There are newer versions also MESS and SDLMAME, but they are not stable on my X1000. Probably need to try them again on the μA1.

Yeah is really stable and funny.For us whom whe love the 80s and some 90s Arcades as well as all catalogue (at least I) is a real pleasure to watch and play these Arcades again without investing money.

Also, I don't know how much X5000 is faster than the X1000, but you can try hyperemulation (Emulator in Emulator). Yesterday, I ran some MAME0.37b14 games under DOSBox SVN (DOSBox with JIT) and got more than 10 FPS with some games. Sound was okay. I am waiting for my Amiga X5000/040, then I can test again.

I see TheMagicSN (Steffen Häuser) active again on the Amiga. He was one of the first people to port MAME to AmigaPPC.
Probably, he can look into fixing some of the old bugs (or recompiling the old sources against newer libs), or even porting the latest MAME (v251 as of now)? With version 0.162 MESS merged with MAME and it became quete and beast of an emulator (I use it a lot and even have some bugs submitted and fixed), but also our Amigas improved a lot since then (speedwise and memory - what matters most for MAME).[/quote]

Yeah i noticed that Steffen is back on the Amiga.Some weeks ago he sent me a message on this Amiga page and days later we talk and he finally sent me a working version of Quake 2 labeled beta and I can play without sound on my AmigaOne X5000.That's because my buyed version didn't work at all:Great game Quake 2.I am betatester of Quake 2 now but I have to talk or e-mail with him in order waht he want of me as a betatester of Quake 2.

Maybe I will ask about MAME later

Cheers

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Dr.Hirudo

They have been passed some days since we commented here.

Has anyone some ideas about my sound problems?

Anyway nice to read again but I want help.

Thank you

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Currently doing another Mame port is not something I would consider. I have enough projects running right now. In the future it might be possible, but more like something like "somewhen late 2023" than in any immediate future. If I do it.

And if I do it it would definitely not been a simple recompile of old sources (and would be adapted to recent Mame sources).

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@TheMagicSNQuote:
TheMagicSN wrote:Currently doing another Mame port is not something I would consider. I have enough projects running right now. In the future it might be possible, but more like something like "somewhen late 2023" than in any immediate future. If I do it.

And if I do it it would definitely not been a simple recompile of old sources (and would be adapted to recent Mame sources).

OK do you what you want or can with MAME ports for PPC and bear in mind that I think that my MAME or Final Burn problems are more probably problems of my AmigaOne X5000s hardware or even of the AOS.I think the ports are perfect,it must be more of my machine than the software running on it.

That's the cause i do not understand these problems at all.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@MamePPCA1

I still have problems with OpenBOR today with some MOD.Sound or music appears and dissapears and even the screen turned black.

Can anybody help me?

I am lost in the ice of computing.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@MamePPCA1

Do you have this problem with the recent released MODs or with all of them?
If so probably its because our version of OpenBOR is too old for them..
try with some pre-2013 MODs first

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@samo79

I don't know exactly but it must be with all of them or at least the vast mayority of the MOD files.

And I think the MODs I downloaded on 11 September of 2022 were new probably that's a fact probably.

Thanks for your support.

Go to top

Register To Post