Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
134 user(s) are online (74 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 133

RadziN, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

NetFS: Sam440ep & Sam440ep-flex don
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Sorry, the topic is shorted, the correct is:
NetFS: Sam440ep & Sam440ep-flex don't like each other.

Hi,
I need some advice in this curious thing:
I am using NetFS (now v3.1) for a long time on all my MorphOS and AmigaOS computers.
It is fast and easy to use, for me is the best AmigaNG file sharing. Only one disadvantage - AmigaOS4 have no native version, so using m68k version.
All works fine for me for years, until now. I am added my freshly installed "new" Sam440ep (mini-ITX).

And if I want to share drives between Sam440ep and Sam440ep-flex, I can mount them on both machines, but...
... but from workbench I can open only shared RAM:. No other shared volumes - every time there is empty window and after several seconds error "No disk present in..."
From shell console or from Filer I can access all shared disks with no problem. Workbench Explorer crashed if opening shared disk.

What is it?
On both Sams I can freely mount and use all shared disks from other computers - for example from X1000.
On X1000 I can freely mount and use all shared disks both from Sam440ep and Sam440ep-flex. With the same mountlists.
On all computers I am using identical mountlists for shares.
I also did fresh identical installation of NetFS on both Sams and X1000. No change. And if I disabled network timeout, all is the same, only time is longer.

On Sam440ep is AOS4.1feu2, on Sam440ep-flex and X1000 AOS4.1feu2+Enhancer 2.2, all filesystems are SFS2 ( but different versions, last two have newer version from Enhancer ).

It looks simply like the Sams don't like each other
Please, do you have any idea?

And one a little offtopic question - which CPU version of m68k executable is best to use with AmigaOS4? 68000/020/030/040/060, or it does not matter?
It matters with NetFS only with crypto library, but in my case I am not using crypted traffic.

AmigaOS3: Amiga 1200
AmigaOS4: Micro A1-C, AmigaOne XE, Pegasos II, Sam440ep, Sam440ep-flex, AmigaOne X1000
MorphOS: Efika 5200b, Pegasos I, Pegasos II, Powerbook, Mac Mini, iMac, Powermac Quad
Go to top
Re: NetFS: Sam440ep & Sam440ep-flex don
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Is your network stable? I had a lot of instability just using IBrowse. Maybe thats a starting point to track it down.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I lived the same situation.
It is probable that an error in your configuration. Don't visible from GUI.
Try to delete in envarc: any config file and retry the sharing

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@vagappc
thanks for advice.
I deleted all NetFS and Roadshow config in ENVARC: incl. Appdir.
After reboot I recreated shares via NetFSprefs.

Unfortunately no change - second Sam440 shared volumes cannot be opened from workbench, but from shell and filler can.

But at least I found, that I have on Sam440ep-flex share volume which not exists.

So, I will wait till January and will test both Sams440 with Sam460LE - we will see, how bigger brother succseed.

@devils_advisor
network is table, all other services works, no packet loses.

AmigaOS3: Amiga 1200
AmigaOS4: Micro A1-C, AmigaOne XE, Pegasos II, Sam440ep, Sam440ep-flex, AmigaOne X1000
MorphOS: Efika 5200b, Pegasos I, Pegasos II, Powerbook, Mac Mini, iMac, Powermac Quad
Go to top

Register To Post