Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
170 user(s) are online (113 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 170

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 ... 5 6 7 (8)
Re: x1000 documentation and other x1000 related questions
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@billt

Quote:
I can boot to OS4.1 workbench with
boot -fs=amigafs ide0.1:amigaboot.of, but I have to do this in CFE every time.

In that case, try changing your

Quote:
MENU_0_COMMAND setenv amigaboot_quiet Y ; boot -fs=amigafs ide0.0:amigaboot.of

to refer to ide0:1 instead of ide0:0, then it should do the same as you do manually.

If it works, you could also make the same change to the MENU_2_COMMAND, so it also works with the boot menu.

Best regards,

Niels

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I still get the incalid command: menu error from CFE, and still have to type MENU_0_COMMAND manually to boot up. What is the menu in CFE, and do I need to do anything to add it?

https://amigaone.files.wordpress.com/2014/11/x1000_cfe.pdf

Page 4 says to:
CFE> setenv -p STARTUP menu

It seems that is the menu thing being complained about, but I can't find anything about how to define that so it works...

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@billt
Hi,
It's not about this topic but about AmigaOne SE/XE/uA1 U-Boot. Sorry for being off-topic but noticed you here and I think according to this thread:
https://amigaworld.net/modules/newbb/v ... _id=30736&forum=15#630521
you had the U-Boot sources for AmigaOne at least sometimes in the past. Do you still have it somewhere and could you please pass it on? I wrote to Hyperion about it but it seems it was lost and nobody knows where is it now so maybe only the old sources are available. It does not matter if it does not compile or work, I can attempt to fix it but we can't include firmware binaries in QEMU for amigaone unless we can recreate it from source. Including the firmware would remove one step of downloading it separately (it's GPL so can be freely dowloaded and distributed but QEMU only accepts binaries with source; we already have that for sam460ex but not for amigaone as the sources in upstream U-Boot were only partial and for older version).

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Strange that menu is not listed in your available command

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@billt

it is very strange. "menu" command should be in list of available commands. And in your list it is missing.

Did you try boot from second BIOS? According to Nemo TRM manual, there are two chips:
Quote:

2.8 BIOS Dual serial flash EPROM chips are provided to hold the BIOS code.
Jumpers are used to choose between them.
The BIOS code is maintained by Hyperion.

8.2.1 BIOS Flash Selection JP1 is used to select which flash EPROM is used for CPU booting.
In postion 1-2, it selects the normal flash image.
In position 2-3 it selects the rescue flash image.
Note that it is possible to corrupt the rescue flash image.
This jumper should only ever be moved to position 2-3 in an emergency, and instructions for recovering the normal flash image should be followed with great care.

Unfortunatelly I have no instructions for rescue Bios image. Maybe somebody here has them.

AmigaOS3: Amiga 1200
AmigaOS4: Micro A1-C, AmigaOne XE, Pegasos II, Sam440ep, Sam440ep-flex, AmigaOne X1000
MorphOS: Efika 5200b, Pegasos I, Pegasos II, Powerbook, Mac Mini, iMac, Powermac Quad
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
And now I got far enough to break things again. :)

AmiStore is horrible, but I eventually managed to buy and install Ehancer Core, then Enhancer 2.2. I also bought but did not yet install Radeon Drivewr v5 and NovaBridge, and also Ranger.

Lots of partial downloads that stopped and got weird on retrying. Better to stop and start over than to retry. But eventually got a full download for each.

The two Enhancer packages installed and rebooted OK.

Then I got smart and ran updater from Enhancer. Now, at CFE when I do my MENU_0_COMMAND as usual, the progress bar gets to Loading Finished, and that's it. I suspect something bad happened with graphics driver or something. Anyone smarter than me have any ideas? I'm not sure how to recover from this to then go and install RadeonHD v5, if that is the correct thing to do now, or what else to do.

I have not ye3t figured out any magical encantation to boot from CDROM or to dir the CDROM.

setenv -p MENU_5_COMMAND "setenv amigaboot_quiet Y ; boot -fs=amigafs atapi0.0:amigabootfs"
and without the -fs at all, tryign -fs=iso9660 since I can't find a list of possibilities to -fs other than amigafs

MENU_5_COMMAND
Error DRQ should be 0

dir atapi0.0: (with and without -fs=amigafs)
Could not get directory listing: Unsupported Function

But at least it still turns on...

Edited by billt on 2023/12/9 3:55:18
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
if you have DVD connected to SATA port 2 ( i.e. factory default ), the command should be:

boot -fs=iso atapi0.1:amigaboot.of

X1000 can boot only from SATA ports 0 and 2.

Edited by sailor on 2023/12/9 16:30:48
AmigaOS4: Micro A1-C, AmigaOne XE, Pegasos II, Sam440ep, Sam440ep-flex, AmigaOne X1000
MorphOS: Efika 5200b, Pegasos I, Pegasos II, Powerbook, Mac Mini, iMac, Powermac Quad
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@sailor

I don't think SATA port 2 is bootable, but I might be wrong.

Are you sure it wasn't ports 0 and 1?

Im not on my machine, so can't test

Efit: At least, im pretty sure my setup is HDD on port 0.0, DVD on port 0.1

People are dying.
Entire ecosystems are collapsing.
We are in the beginning of a mass extinction.
And all you can talk about is money and fairytales of eternal economic growth.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Raziel

from cfe point of view it is port 0.0 and port 0.1
from Nemo manual point of view it is port 0 and port 2

i.e.
0.0 = port 0 on motherboard, 0.1 = port 2 on motherboard

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 ... 5 6 7 (8)