Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
131 user(s) are online (80 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 131

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

SFML library
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@All
Those who do porting work from time to time meet with the SFML library : https://www.sfml-dev.org/

Resized Image

But so far no port were done for AmigaOS4.

The good thing about SFML that it can be used not in whole, but partly : via necessary libraries. I.e. if you need just Audio , you can use just audio library, if you need just network, you can use just network library, etc.

Lately i working on some port which do use SFML library for audio and for network, so, i give it a shot and making ports of those modules:

-- System
-- Audio
-- Network

Those was easy , because for Audio they use openal/vorbis/ogg, and there i were only in needs to fix endianes in ogg reader (simple changing ov_read() to take big-endian and not litle endian). For network it wasn't also heavy enough, there were some missing defines and stuff. And system were compile as it, just with some small changes in includes and cmakefiles.

Modules which is _not_ ported currently:

-- Graphics
-- Window

That probabaly understandable why : there need to implemenent native window manager over intuition, etc, so some real work to be done, but that to be seen if anyone ever will need it so if it will be ever worth the hassle to spend time on.

As always you can grab it from os4depot (in upload query for now), there i put both newlib and clib2 versions, and even some examples (socket, ftp and sound ones).

Need to note, that for clib2 it was a little bit more easy than for newlib, because for newlib i had to implement own nanosleep() while Andrea's clib2 already have it, and i were in problems all over the place because of errors about "wstring" stuff and had to add newlib-os4-hacks for. + newlib miss more socket defines in compare with clib2 (not that they ever used, but still). But both versions should work the same of course.

Hope it will be of some use for some of us :)

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Re: SFML library
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
I was working on it in the past and a window was opening.. :D
But it was far from call it a working version..
However the code is written very good and it is easy to implement stuff

i'm really tired...
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@afxgroup
If you can share what you have for graphics/window, i can add that to port as well, even little bits of implemented stuff is better than none, in end someone else can help with.

As i see, SMFL is also pretty much used all the time everywhere, not maybe that lot as SDL2 , but still, quite a lot games / apps are SFML based.

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@kas1e

As far as I checked from Github even simple SFML games require
SFML_GRAPHICS_LIBRARY

I hope you can make it work...

Sinan - AmigaOS4 Beta-Tester
- AmigaOne X5000
- AmigaOne A1222
- Sam460ex
Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@kas1e
Add the port on github and we'll try to add something.. however in my opinion we need to merge the changes to the official repositories of all ports we made. Otherwise we'll never stay up to date

i'm really tired...
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@afxgroup
Quote:

Add the port on github and we'll try to add something..

Ok, will do so today

Quote:

however in my opinion we need to merge the changes to the official repositories of all ports we made. Otherwise we'll never stay up to date

Once we will have anything to add for real, then why not :) For now it just couple of small fixes for os4 and no real code-work. Btw, both window and graphics modules mean OpenGL as well, so gl4es.

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Andrea
Done : https://github.com/kas1e/SFML

Added all the stuff:

-- readme how to build (with Cmake command to run)
-- few small fixes so everything will builds out of box without touching anything
-- currently build of window/graphics disabled , of course.

As far as i can see in CMAkefiles, they do have OpenGLES2 support as well, so we may go that direct route instead of GL4ES.

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top

Register To Post