Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
125 user(s) are online (93 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 123

amigait, flash, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

NovaBridge - Warp3D<->Warp3DNova layer WIP video
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
As some of you may be aware from the Amiwest 2021 talks by Mattew and Hans, there is work going on by Hans (sponsored by Trevor and Mattew) on a layer for Warp3DNova which will allow all Warp3DNova cards to have the ability to run old Warp3D/MiniGL apps without needs to think about anything. So it will work and on Radeon RX and on RAdeonHD etc.

There is 2 monthly old introduction to NovaBridge from Hans:
https://youtu.be/U0jRARF93iw

Now after a few more bug fixes and tests, I want to share how it is all in real life already. That is not a public release, as it is all up to when it will be finished and when Mattew will release it. It's just a beta of WIP to show how it is all already and what you can expect later.

So, there is:

https://youtu.be/WUIHDnJ947U

I recorded video as much care as possible: 1920x1080 full HD 60FPS and even things that run in 640x480 scaled to 1920x1080 to look almost as they were looked originally.

Video split into 3 parts:

1). Show the AmigaOS4 native apps whch use MiniGL
2). Show the AmigaOS4 native apps which use Warp3D directly
3). Show the WarpOS apps which use Warp3D and/or MiniGL, which is possible due to the work done by Daniel "DVDboon/Hedeon" on ReWarp and ReWarp3DPPC projects, so WarpOS apps can work almost as if you use old, WarpOS based Amigas.

You can get the accurate timings in the description of the video.

The most interesting things probably will be WarpOS apps: there I run WipeOUT2097, Heretic2, demos from Encore, MadWizzards, etc. They all work in hardware rendering mode, of course, have no needs for _ANY_ patches from anywhere, so can say that at the moment NovaBridge is the most compatible Warp3D from all the possible realizations on any old/new amiga and amiga flavors, because even stuff which works before on Voodoos but not on Radeon or in another way around, now just works as expected.

Have fun!

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Re: NovaBridge - Warp3D<->Warp3DNova layer WIP video
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Great video Kas1e !!!

Thanks for sharing.. hope Novabridge wil be available before 2045

AmigaOne X5000 -> 2GHz / 16GB RAM / Radeon RX 550 / ATI X1950 / M-Audio 5.1 -> AmigaOS 4.1 FE / Linux / MorphOS
Amiga 1200 -> Recapped / 68ec020 ACA 1221ec / CF HDD / RetroNET connected to the NET
Vampire V4SE TrioBoot
RPI4 AmiKit XE
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@kas1e
Thanks for the video, Novabridge looks very promising.
Soon I can finally play Wipeout again! :)

@Skateman
Yeah Novabridge would be a nice xmas present and va.library for Radeon HD too.

1989-> A500, A600, A3000, A4000, A1200, CD32, µA1, PegII, A1XE, CDTV, Amy/416D79, A1X5000, Vampire 500 V2+, Vampire 600 V2, Amy-ITX, Denise ITX <-2024
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Looking forward to new version of Enhancer!
Good work all! And thanks for video.

And if there will be also UVD for Southern Island, it will be big help to X1000 and Sam440 owners.

AmigaOS3: Amiga 1200
AmigaOS4: Micro A1-C, AmigaOne XE, Pegasos II, Sam440ep, Sam440ep-flex, AmigaOne X1000
MorphOS: Efika 5200b, Pegasos I, Pegasos II, Powerbook, Mac Mini, iMac, Powermac Quad
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@kas1e

Thank you for this one!

Go to top

Register To Post