Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
147 user(s) are online (117 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 146

salass00, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Hyperion Entertainment, please.....
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
....don't give up on your claims to whatever ownership you have/think you have....

....don't quit improving AOS4.0; we need .2, .3, .5 etc (charge for the upgrades as you see fit)....

....don't settle with Amiga Inc. to a buy-back at any flat rate level; better a flow of money, to money that is there for a fleeting moment (in the case of AOS, the long term is much greater than anything they can/will offer (applies to anyone, because if ANYONE is interested, they have PLANS for it, that DWARF what they'll give you))....

....don't give up on AOS4.x, even though I've seen most of the horrible things that have transpired (although, there is much that is not seen, I have read probably 70% of what is public knowledge)....

....DO take a well earned and most delayed time off to recuperate (if you haven't done so yet, and stay in touch to make sure you enter statements to the court, if/when need be)....

....Don't give up on the D R E A M because now you have to be the one's behind the promise*----

"Only Amiga . . . . makes it possible!"

* That I bought into, many, many years ago.

Support Amiga Fantasy cases!!!
How to program: 1. Start with lots and lots of 0's. 10. Add 1's, liberally.
"Details for OS 5 will be made public in the fourth quarter of 2007, ..." - Bill McEwen
Whoah!!! He spoke, a bit late.
Go to top
Re: Hyperion Entertainment, please.....
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Atheist

I don't know the background, neither do i know the wording
of the contracts or any of the details involved.

Thus i can't and won't comment on the ongoing suit...still...

I heartly second your emotion and really hope this comes out
for the best of Hyperion (that kept the dream alive) and the
users (that are and will ever be) still believe in their dream
of fun computing...

People are dying.
Entire ecosystems are collapsing.
We are in the beginning of a mass extinction.
And all you can talk about is money and fairytales of eternal economic growth.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Raziel

Quote:

Raziel wrote:
@Atheist
really hope this comes out
for the best of Hyperion (that kept the dream alive) and the
users (that are and will ever be) still believe in their dream
of fun computing...

Indeed. What left of Amiga is AmigaOS, and Hyperion and developers are tho only one who let it manifest itself these days. The previous AmigaNG hardware designs were far and current are probably (I hope not) far from the state Amiga hardware was to it's competitors in the glory days. I really hope that Hyperion becomes the boss of AmigaOS (license decisions included) and there'll be more licensed hardware designs. The best thing that can happen to Amiga these days is hardware competition. Be it ACK/Acube designs, and even Efika. More More of PASemi-like designs (the closest thing to the old-days-Amiga-spirit hardware-wise, low latency, all-in-one, easier to tailor the OS to little pool of hardware variations).

Jack

Resized Image
"the expression, 'atonal music,' is most unfortunate--it is on a par with calling flying 'the art of not falling,' or swimming 'the art of not drowning.'. A. Schoenberg
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Atheist

I agree with the sentiments that you have expressed in your post. What is Hyperion about? The people!
It is the Friedens and the other OS4 developers who have been working hard on Amiga OS during the last years!

So I wish THEM all the best. Maybe Hyperion looses in this lawsuit. But this doesnt mean that the Friedens will go down the drain with them, because they are not employees of Hyperion. I think there is a future even if the Friedens sign a deal and work for Amiga corporation in the future.
It is important that we get everybody working TOGETHER instead AGAINST each other.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Sister_Rita

Quote:
It is the Friedens and the other OS4 developers who have been working hard on Amiga OS during the last years!

So I wish THEM all the best. Maybe Hyperion looses in this lawsuit. But this doesnt mean that the Friedens will go down the drain with them, because they are not employees of Hyperion. I think there is a future even if the Friedens sign a deal and work for Amiga corporation in the future.
Who should rewrite the OS4 parts the other OS4 developers did, or replacements for the contributions included in Hyperion's AmigaOS4 releases, in such a case?
As long as Amiga Inc. doesn't accept the rights of the other developers it's very unlikely anyone would even want to work with them, and reimplementing everything from scratch by other, uninvolved developers, who don't know anything about these parts, would take a lot of time.
Without Hyperion and/or (a large part of) the other OS4 developers there is no way there will be anything running an AmigaOS4 which is even remotely comparable to the current version, at least not this year, and very likely not next year either.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@joerg

Quote:

joerg wrote:
Without Hyperion and/or (a large part of) the other OS4 developers there is no way there will be anything running an AmigaOS4 which is even remotely comparable to the current version, at least not this year, and very likely not next year either.

Lets hope it wont reach this...
A nightmare...

Jack

Resized Image
"the expression, 'atonal music,' is most unfortunate--it is on a par with calling flying 'the art of not falling,' or swimming 'the art of not drowning.'. A. Schoenberg
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Jack

Quote:
Lets hope it wont reach this...
A nightmare...

No it's not a nightmare. It's the end. Because I think there won't be anybody left here still waiting and waiting and...

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@joerg
You have to remember that there is a lot of legal posturing going on between Amiga Inc & Hyperion! I think & hope that once a decision is reached on the ownership of OS4, then both sides will start acting reasonably again.

But until then both sides want to ensure that they get the best deal in court

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@TSK
If Amiga Inc DID release a "mini laptop" similar to the Nokia 770 (as they want to), I think that might convince quite a few people to come back!

Similarly, if ACube DID release a port of OS4 for existing (PPC based) Mac Minis, then that is a HUGE potential market (compared to how many Amigans we have left). And remember that many Mac users are ex Amigans.

So it might still turn-out alright, but the court battle better move pretty quickly.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@ChrisH

Quote:

ChrisH wrote:
@TSK
If Amiga Inc DID release a "mini laptop" similar to the Nokia 770 (as they want to), I think that might convince quite a few people to come back!

Yes and it would open OS4 to new markets! I believe OS4 is ideal for these small devices because it is a small and very responsive OS that doesnt need many resources.
Much better than to run Winblows on a small device, it will only crawl!

Quote:
Similarly, if ACube DID release a port of OS4 for existing (PPC based) Mac Minis, then that is a HUGE potential market (compared to how many Amigans we have left). And remember that many Mac users are ex Amigans.

If OS4 will be released for Mac Mini, I will immediately buy a used one. They are even relatively cheap because everybody else is only looking for the Intel ones.
Mac Mini simply looks stunning and I would love to have one on my desk that runs OS4.

Go to top

Register To Post