Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
97 user(s) are online (58 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 97

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Shell & python
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Isn't there a shell under AmiCygnix ?
Can u run Python under AmiCtgnix?

How?

Go to top
Re: Shell & python
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Isn't there a shell under AmiCygnix ?
ABCshell. A special 'Xlaunch' uses it I think to tap the X-Server.
Can u run Python under AmiCygnix ?
No, no interface to the X-server.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@snuffy
thanks, i did find the ABC shell but can only start it from a normal Amiga shell or KingCon shell. I cannot move it to the AmiCygnix screen either (only to other public screens)
I did search for xlaunch but did not find it in OS4.Depot
Correction : seem to have found it in aamp.lha

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@ JosDuchIt

Currently there is no shell like xterm available on AmiCygnix, sorry.

But if you wait a little bit, you can use my special AmiCygnix version of python, which includes for example pyGTK. There is a python console implemented with pyGTK:

Resized Image

It will come with an update of Gimp and Gnumeric for python plug-in support. Both apps offer an own python console.
Don't know, if I should publish a separate package.

BTW: xlaunch is only a little helper tool. You can - for example - launch an amiga command with an unix path argument. It is no shell.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@CygnusEd

Thanks for the info , and thanks too for your impressive work.
Till now i am only using abiword, but looking into all the stuff you wrote or ported.

btw is there some tool like snoopdos or snoopy (i guess those are not helpfull) working under AmiCygnix?

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@ JosDuchIt

There is no need for a special version of Snoopy for AmiCygnix. Everything is implemented with normal OS4 libraries or the C library Newlib.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@cygnused

Bit ot: When using gimp,if i turns a picture 90degrees it cuts out part of the turned image. Know if this is a bug in gimp?

And i've made a small clip of a simple rescale with gimp on my sam. Will try to find a place to upload it. It's 16mb big.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@ Antique

Quote:

Antique wrote:
@cygnused

Bit ot: When using gimp,if i turns a picture 90degrees it cuts out part of the turned image. Know if this is a bug in gimp?

And i've made a small clip of a simple rescale with gimp on my sam. Will try to find a place to upload it. It's 16mb big.

Didn't have this problem so far. Does it happen with every picture size? (Seems, that you work with very large pictures)

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@cygnused
Tried a couple of pictures,they were scanned and had to be turned 90 degrees. But they were very high compared to the width,but seems like the program does not take that into account when flipping it. The pics are from 3000x3000 and bigger.

X5000
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@CygnusEd
So i can use Snoopy, great!
Coming back to shell or terminal. I am a bit puzzled. What is the differende?
There is a "sh" in rhe CygnusPPC/bin drawer.
Why is it not possible to use it?
Are there other programs in this drawer that cannot be used?

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@ JosDuchIt

The "sh" command is working, but does not open an own window. You can launch commands in it in an Unix like environment, means you can use Unix paths or use the typical Unix shell commands.

Basically a terminal is something, that is able to receive user inputs and send it to a certain program. And of course the other way round to display the output of this program. So finally the thing you want is a terminal, that opens his window on the AmiCygnix desktop and communicates with "sh".

@ Antique

So it only happens with very high and narrow pictures??

X-5000 PPC 5020/2 GHZ, Fractal Define XL R2-Tower, OS 4.1 final update 2, 4 GB, Radeon HD 7770, ESI Juli@ XTe
SAM 460ex/1,15 GHZ, OS 4.1 final, 2 GB, Radeon HD 6450
Amiga 4000D/040 25 Mhz, OS 3.9 BB2, 272 MB, X-Surf, 250 MB ZIP
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@cygnused
Original picture size was 2057x3609. Don't remember how the other picture i tried with was. When i save it, it becomes like the after picture. Which has been cut off a chunk of each side. Can see the dot's but seems like it doesn't care about that on the second grab.

Before:
Resized Image

After:
Resized Image

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@ Antique

Tried it here with an picture 2592 x 3888 and it worked well.
You've said, that it happens after saving the picture. Which picture format did you use? Was it an internal saver or a plug-in?

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@cygnused

It happens when i rotate the image. The size does not matter. It then becomes like the picture in this thread. And it is being saved like that aswell. I load/save jpg pictures. I think its the internal saver. Have not added any plugins afaik.

X5000
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@cygnused

Just found the solution. I used tools->transform tools->rotate. Did not work.
Just found image->transform->rotate. That worked. What's the difference from the 2 ways to rotate? Why doesn't the 1st one work? But now it's solved.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Quote:

Antique wrote:
Just found the solution. I used tools->transform tools->rotate. Did not work.
Just found image->transform->rotate. That worked. What's the difference from the 2 ways to rotate?

The first one rotates the layer and the second way rotates the image. I think.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@ Antique

Aaah - the simple solution is always the right one

The rotate function from the toolbox does not change the basic image dimensions, only the content of the selected layer or when an area is selected the content of this selection. And it can also rotate paths.

Go to top

Register To Post