Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
156 user(s) are online (122 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 153

clint, walkero, orgin, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

(1) 2 »
Aquaria full game. How?
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
I believe there are people that tried Aquaria which recently ported by Andreas, but is anyone that tried the full version?

What version of Aquaria you must have to be able to run it under AmigaOS 4? The peecee or Mac version? The latest version (1.1.3) of the port or an older will do?

Also reading the readme file in the archive I got a bit confused, as it's not states clearly what to do with the full peecee version and how and what files you have to copy and where.

To Be A True Adventurer, You Ought To Play Real Text Adventures
Go to top
Re: Aquaria full game. How?
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Phantom

Actually, the datas supplied with the OS4 archive (and possibly other platform demo archives?) are the same as in the full game. I completed the game (on MorphOS) with these datas.

So, i'd say that the demo is only determined by the game executable itself (and its build options).

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Aquaria freezes too much on my SAM to be enjoyable.

What a pity because it looks great.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Fab

So you mean that Aquaria's download is the full version?

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Phantom

I don't know if the OS4 binary has been compiled as the full version or not, but the datas supplied in the archive are definitely enough to complete the game (great game and great scenario, btw).

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Fab

I really don't know. As Aquaria seems to be a commercial game (you can buy it from the developer's site), I believe that's something missing.

Maybe Andreas can help us with that.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Phantom

If all datafiles already inside of the aos4 archive (as fab say), then everything will works as on morphos imho, with no problems. Because for what anyone will put all the datas, but not use them ?

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@kas1e

Yes, according the size which is approx. 200MB, it must be full, but as far as I know it's a commercial game (dunno if Bit Blot abandoned it, which I don't believe).

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
i never bought the full game.. i've only used the data present in the svn..

i'm really tired...
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Phantom
The way you talk, it sounds like (OS4 port of) Aquaria has a demo now?!? Previously that wasn't the case (AFAIK) so I was never able to try it.

Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@ChrisH

Actually in Andrea's site when Aquaria was available for download, he mentioned to buy the full peecee version (something like that), that's why the link to buy the full game via Bit Blot's site. But now it's changed, I don't know if it changed also in the readme inside the archive.

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@Phantom

i never touched anything on the first released aquaria port

i'm really tired...
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@afxgroup

Maybe it's my mistake, no problem Andrea.

I will try to download it again tonight to check it again.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
This one is taken from the Read Me First! file inside Aquaria's archive.

Quote:
System requirements

* An AmigaNG (SAM,microA1,A1,Pegasos2)
* 512MB of RAM (1GB reccomended)
* A video card with at least 64MB of Ram (128MB reccomended to play the game correctly)
* Latest SDL library (included in the package)
* OpenAL (the included cause an error at exit of program)
* MiniGL 2.2

* The original Game. You can buy it from Bit Blot web site (www.bit-blot.com).
* Once you have the original game, copy the data to the game dir and replace the script original game dir included in this package

That's why I'm been confused.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Phantom

The data contained in the version release by Andrea and the one of the full PC game differ only in filesize of some PNG files.

You can play the whole game with the data supplied by Andrea. But for the mere sake of fair-mindeness you should consider buying it and donate something to Andrea too.
The PC version is 15 EUR and the Mac version is 10.- more expensive last time I looked.

@afxgroup
is it still likely for you to look into the freezing problems or will they probably solve as soon as the OS4 update is out?
As already said in previous posts, it freezes on Sam and on AmigaONE XEtthere are problems too. As it seems it is more playable on MOS than on OS4.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Amigo1

Quote:

is it still likely for you to look into the freezing problems or will they probably solve as soon as the OS4 update is out?
As already said in previous posts, it freezes on Sam and on AmigaONE XEtthere are problems too. As it seems it is more playable on MOS than on OS4.

There is nothing that Andrea can do with those "freezes". Its warp3d problems and bugs , which happens in all the opengl games from time to time. I hope new update will fix it. On my peg2 with radeon9250/256 mb, those 3d freezes happens not so offten. I.e. almost never, but for example for quake3 - its happens. Or for lodepaint (after i works with it half of hour). Or for example with AssaultCube (on port of which i works for now). Aquaria through works always fine for me (maybe because of 256mb of vram).

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Amigo1

So it seems that's a full game after all. But I prefer to donate to Andrea than rather buying a peecee game.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Phantom

Quote:

Phantom wrote:
@Amigo1

So it seems that's a full game after all. But I prefer to donate to Andrea than rather buying a peecee game.

Mate, honestly, since you are into the gaming scene (like I am my entire life :P), why use degrading comments for the PC platform? First of all, the particular game (Aquaria) isn't any mass marketed game, the genre is full of amigish spirit, and the studio.. well I think it is a two men show actually.

Why calling "peecee", when we actually are playing only PC ported games (Quake, Quake II, Quake III, Freespace I & II, Doom, Hexen, Hexen II, Bioware's RPGs lately, Gish, Jagged Alliance 2, Cube I & II, OpenBOR just to mention a few, or some crappy freeware sdl linux shitty games or Wipeout, Shogo, Myst, Nightlong in the past)? Not to mention that the majority of "modern" commercial games ported are already dated 15-8 years ago (!) and we are still struggling to make them work on our "uber NG and expensive systems" of Amiga platform? How would that sound to any average "peecee" user when he will be playing in the meantime CoD Black Ops?

Edit: And I 've even forgot to mention that for some games to be installed you might have first to perform setup on the PC. Now, why would anyone like to copy the data files to an Amiga NG system so as to have lower fps rate, lower resolution, lower graphical quality options, and in the end less fun instead of pressing the damn .exe on Windows, is far beyond my understanding. Apart from the geek factor; I can make this game work on Amiga platform, there isn't anything else on OS4.x gaming scene.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Cool_amigaN

Besides, Aquaria is a really nice game, written by only two programmers, and not widely promoted, as you said.

The real merit is on the authors who spent months to write it, not the porter who just did a plain configure/make that takes about 5 minutes of actual work (and it also applies to me, by the way, since I compiled it for MorphOS).

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@Fab

i'm agree with you and there are a lot of Indie games that are really beautiful and written by one/two people. Unlucky they are almost all closed source..

i'm really tired...
Go to top

Register To Post
(1) 2 »