Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
64 user(s) are online (40 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 63

Maijestro, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2)
Re: AmiDark Engine - DBPro Convert - SOTB Demo
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@ChrisH

Nouvelle t?che Shell 10
10.Workbench:> version libs:ptreplay.library full
ptreplay.library 7.2 (19/07/2009)
10.Workbench:> version libs:ptplay.library full
ptplay.library 2.6 (14/12/2009)
10.Workbench:> version libs:medplayer.library full
medplayer.library 8.7 (27/07/2009)
10.Workbench:>

All available on OS4Depot

--
AmigaONE X1000 and Radeon RX 560
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@ChrisH

You are aware that that is an old version ptplay.library that you are using? Since you didn't use "version full" I can't tell which one but you should update to the latest version, available from either a500.org, aminet or os4depot.

Also you should **not** use ptreplay.library 6.x and medplayer.library 7.x on AmigaOS 4.x since they do not support AHI but use Paula directly instead, also they don't have OS4 interfaces so they are useless for OS4 native programs. Instead you should download and use the OS4 native replacements for these libraries that I have uploaded to a500.org, aminet and os4depot.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@salass00

Btw, on your site, ptplaplay_lib.lha have inside ptplay.library of 40.780 size
But in the ptreplay.library you also have ptplay.library , which are 40.824 of size. Which one are newer ?

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Kas1e :
Quote:
I think it ask for medplayer (even if you not use it), because imho you have it opened in AmiDark on the init state maybe ?

No. in fact the .library checking opening is not done on startup ( to avoid startup becoming too long when adding new file format and library ... )
Simply that the DELoadMusic function check file format and then call internal specific LoadMusic for the format detected .. and at this moment, library is checked and opened.

Quote:
Also imho you need add checking in AmiDark on "If no xxxx.library are present, then spawn a window with words "please install xxxx.library" and do correct exit from program). (to avoid problems with not understanding why no sound here and alt).

I will not display popup at startup because developer is not needed to use ptreplay or med and I don't want to impose him popup for file format (s)he don't use in his/her game.
But, I'll add popup when a game try to load a sound and the library is not detected. However, even if music cannot be loaded, playing using the not loaded music should not crash. It may only do nothing.

@Chris :
I use:
medplayer.library 8.7 <- Your version is 7.0 not 8.7 check at os4depot.net to update
ptplay.library 2.6
ptreplay.library 7.2 <- Your version is 6.6 not 7.2 check at os4depot.net to update

but ptreplay.library only play 2 channels on the 4 available in the .mod files ... I don't know why.

Kindest Regards,
AmiDARK

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@kas1e

The one in ptreplay archive is older. You can see this by checking the date in the version string:
version file full ptplay.library
ptplay.library 2.6 (29.4.08)

For the latest version it is:
version file full LIBS:ptplay.library
ptplay.library 2.6 (14.12.09)

Anyway, ChrisH's problems are not because of old ptplay.library but because the ptreplay.library he uses is old m68k one which doesn't use ptplay.library (I would still suggest upgrading to the newer ptplay.library though).

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@all
Thanks, with the updated libraries it now works! Maybe this also help some other people who have problems?

@freddix
Perhaps you could make AmiDark refuse to use outdated libraries? Just set the minimum version number when opening the library...

Did you rip those graphics (and music) from Shadow of the Beast? Or did you use someone else's graphics (which may have indirectly been ripped from SOTB)?

Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@ChrisH
Actually it open Ver 0 min of libraries but it'll be updated to use the needed version or newer. With the popup for lib availablility and incompatible version.

Concerning graphics, I have them from now long time and I don't remind if I'd rip them with my old Amiga 500 + Action Replay MKIII or DL over the net ...

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
nice demo!

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@freddix

When AmiDark Engine is complete and released would it be possible to re-compile games made in DarkBasic and DarkProfessional? Is this conceivable?

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@djrikki
I'll work on some sort of wrapping tool that'll do the changes for us like :
Paste Image X, Y, Img -> DEPasteImage( X, Y, Img )
But it will surely need to have a human 2nd check because it will not handle all cases.

Later, when the AmiDARK Engine will be completed, I'll work on the "AmiDARK Basic" based on the AmiDARK Engine, and this basic should have the same commands as DarkBASIC / DarkBASIC Pro so, it should be possible to compile DarkBASIC source code under it (not all plugins will be supported)

Kindest Regards,
AmiDARK.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@freddix

Sweet!

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 (2)