Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
146 user(s) are online (80 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 145

skynet, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 2 (3) 4 5 »
Re: Assigned project: 32Bit icon editor
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Robert

Dax is right, imho if you use already predefined palettes and its works on full-screen just by default, then no reassons to limit palatte to 32 cols (and it looks a bit ugly in general), while something like 64 or 128 will looks more stilish and modern :)

PS. And imho every window should have "resize" gadget as well. And being draggable / moveable (so user can organize his windowses as he want).

Good progress :)

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Aniway why all that separated windows ?

I prefer the old style, all in a single window

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@samo79
Imho now its start to looks like modern progs (photoshop / gimp), so its not bad at all to have all those windowses. Just they should be fully navigatable and save their position (have options for that, or just automatically) , so user can set widowses as he want : make pallette at top or at bottom or at left / right side, make toolbuttons there or there. That not bad idea in general, all the users will happy and can sort it as they will wish.

Just need more tweaks. For example in Preview window need to make better design of course , and so on .. But its all cosmetic, i think Robert will do it at the final end.

@Robert
Also found a small bug : not all the windowses start to be active. For example when i choice Palette window, its never start to be active (so user cant undersand if it window are working now or not). Same for project/toolbar. Now only main window and Preview window react as should

Edited by kas1e on 2011/4/7 13:19:49
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@DAX

- The "TBImages:open" icon is used for "Load Icon" button so I think it's correct.
- The "TBImages:images" icon is used for "Switch state". I just thought it fits very nicely for such option
- Don't know whether I introduce tooltips, maybe some instructions included with program is enough
- The hot-keys of course will be there.
- Arrow buttons will be used to scroll image within sketchboard - to position the image.
- Save will be implemented.
- The number of palette entries could be editable for example by ToolTypes of Icon.
- The load images (separately for each state) will be implemented shortly.

@Kas1e

Probably the Toolbars will also have resize window but I think it's not needed for them. They already can be positioned wherever you wish.

The position and size of windows as well as palette will be saved to configuration file.

It's not a bug. These windows are created using the WA_ToolBox tag which makes them act like that. That is to not de-activate Edit Window while choosing for example color or paint tool.

@Samo79

I wanted to make the GUI more flexible by using multiple windows. And because now you can organize the toolbars just like you want.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Robert
Quote:

Probably the Toolbars will also have resize window but I think it's not needed for them. They already can be positioned wherever you wish.

I just about that for now, when some windowses cant be resized, user "limited" with having that big windowses, which on 70% are empty. For example, lets take AmiFIG. There is toolbar also not-resazable, but, it fits very well in the whole desing, not have empty spaces, and everything looks like you will even do not want to resize it. Check amifig screenshot here. Its also cant be resized, but still toolbar window not have any empty place, and looks like "everything fits and design well".

Sure, if you will in end design toolbar and project bar windowes , to make them without empty spaces, then why not. But if it will be hard, then just better to add resize-gadget, and users can setup it to normal condition.

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Kas1e

Sure the toolbar sizes will be corrected in the final version.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@RNS

Cool :) Its now really start to be as paint-editor. After all of this will be done, you for sure can easyly remove "icons" related parts and just make one more simply paint editor , which can come as default with the OS (just like ppaint on win32, or as scetch on morphos).

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@RNS-AMiGA-Club
There are those two floppy icons which are generally used to load and save (but do nothing at the moment), since you are using the icon filer uses as "go to parent" (the blue drawer with the rounded arrow) as load, what usage do you plan for the floppy icons?
Not that important if you add those tool-tips anyway.. (hint hint )

As for the rest, great to hear! I like all you proposed/informed us of

SamFlex Complete System + AmigaOS4.1 Update 4
Amiga 2000 GVP GForce-040 Picasso II AmigaOS3.9 BB2
Amiga CD-32
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I implemented the Alpha today. Notice also that the suggestion from temporary site about two undo buffers has been implemented already and works great. Now also when you switch between Normal and Alpha mode the undo buffer is not cleared! All operations are stored even if you switch between these modes.

@DAX

The floppy icons will be used for Save and Save As functions.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Robert
Yeah, i already notice that undo/redo are unlimited, and scaling can be now up to 800% looks like. That all good for sure. Just some more tweaks, etc and final release :)

ps. May i suggest for "undo" using "ctrl+z" shortcut when you will add shortcuts ? Its very common to use ctrl+z for undo in all the modern gfx painters.

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@kas1e

Ctrl-z might be an add-on, but all my AmigaOS systems know Right-Amiga-Z!

X1000|II/G4|440ep|2000/060|2000/040|1000
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
RAmiga-Z is the keyboard shortcut for undo in AmigaOS. See Commodore's "Amiga User Interface Style Guide", chapter 10.

The Rear Window blog

AmigaOne X5000 @ 2GHz / 4GB RAM / Radeon RX 560 / ESI Juli@ / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
SAM440ep-flex @ 667MHz / 1GB RAM / Radeon 9250 / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Trixie
I belive your words :) For me reading today commodore's books, its the same as reading win3.1 tutorials :) Sure , its can be used in the amigaos, but today ctrl+z more common on all the oses / painters (imho).

Anyway, not big deal of course, ramiga+z is fine as well.

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@kas1e

No no, it's not about blindly worshipping 20 year old standards of a dead company!

It has to do with the fact that the Amiga Intuition menu system uses the Right Amiga key as a qualifier for hotkeys. Certain program functions (New, Open, Save, Save As, Quit, Cut, Copy, Paste, Undo) are so common that they are typically put in the menu and, therefore, will have a RAmiga hotkey. Commodore only wanted to standardize these few to promote consistency.

Introducing new combinations, such as CTRL-something, only brings in chaos and inconsinstency to application keyboard control because:

- functions in the menu are activated by RAmiga combinations;
- gadgets are activated by single keys;
- your custom combinations will add another level of control (and another set of keys for the user to remember).

The Rear Window blog

AmigaOne X5000 @ 2GHz / 4GB RAM / Radeon RX 560 / ESI Juli@ / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
SAM440ep-flex @ 667MHz / 1GB RAM / Radeon 9250 / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Hey! I completed the editor today implementing these functions:

- Loads any type of icons (Bitmapped, Palette-mapped and Direct-mapped),
- Loads image as an icon,
- Saves icons,
- Moving icon in the sketchboard with arrows,
- Loads/saves configuration of windows and palette.
- Toolbars dimensions corrected.

I uploaded the program to OS4Depot. It's waiting in a queue. I wish you best luck with the program and have fun with it It's cute painting program designed to paint small pictograms with 32-bit capabilities. And a great replacement for old OS3.5 icon editor. I'm sorry if I didn't implement some your suggestions. They may appear in a patch which might be released after this version is tested.

BTW: I assigned the Undo function to CTRL + Z. That's because RAMIGA + key are generally used by Amiga Menus.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@RNS

Test time ! Yeah !

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Robert

Its really good :) What i found and what is very good to have:

-- ctrl+z (still its rokz and intuitive after all other oses)
-- autosave of window positions ! cool
-- unlimited undo/redo
-- scalling up to 800%
-- can load any type of other images and results save as os4 native icons (for icon editor is more than enough).

Minuses and small bugs which i notice for now:

-- mouse wheel not works for scrolling of the main working area (i.e. try to load any image / icon which are big enough, and try to scroll by mouse wheel).

-- palette by default a bit ugly and limited by 32 default cols (but will be cool to have at last 64. we already use only full-screen, so why stack with that low-amount of pens).

-- preview window need some "gui-design-artwork". Just some lines there and there, some words like which mean top one and bottom one. Just for better look.

-- if toolbar have "filled" rectangle button among with empty one, why then only elipse are empty, but not filled one as well ?

-- when you press on arrow-keys for moving image, and hold-it - it should do move all the time while you hold the mouse button, and stop when you realise it. For now when you have big enough image, you need to press like a monkey many times of arrow keys :) Sure can be used scroll-bar, but mouse-wheel not works as well ..

-- final release should have directory , in which all your programm is placed. Or maybe its have , and you just forget to pack it with direcotry ?

-- after some tests, i can confirm that will be cool to have ability to make active any window from all of them. Just because sometime working window are placed over the project one, or paletter one, or toolbar one, and while i see part of those windowses, and want to make them active, i cant , and i should move /resize main window, to make them visibly ( a bit slow down the work )

But in whole - its pretty good :)

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Kas1e

Regarding the palette: Copy the file S/IconEditor.config to your S: directory and you'll get nice looking palette!

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@RNS
Yeah , your right . I was in hope still that is will grab it firstly from PROGDIR:S/ (to avoid "installing"). But after coping, palette start to looks good, even in 32 cols. But 64 cols by default will be better imho and fits well to design .. I trying to check the tooltypes for palette changes, but i think you not implement it yet ..

Btw, for now not have even any single DSI or crash. All works fine, and i load save tons of images/icons for now and play with all the settings.

What i miss : flood fill tool :) I.e. that one, when you choice color, press on the part of image, and it fill the whole area by choicen color.

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Kas1e

Thanks for your opinion. I'm glad that you like the program and it's very stable. I will check if I can introduce the elements you're requesting.

1) Scrolling the editing area with mouse-wheels and cursor-keys,

2) Selectable amount of colours in palette,

3) Nicer preview window.

Filled Ellipse may be implemented with little effort, however the Flood Fill is hard to implement right now. Notice that the program is used for precise painting of small pictograms so flood fill is not that neccessary!

The scrolling arrows receive "Gadget Up" signals that's why they're working like this.

Also the program is not packed in separate directory, the user need to make the directory by himself and copy IconEditor.config file to S: by hand. I will think about installation script in the patch.

All windows activatable would be no problem, I'll check how it is working.

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 2 (3) 4 5 »