Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
146 user(s) are online (104 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 144

emeck, MickJT, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

The worst night ?
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Leaving in Peterborough, I'm now working in London...

Yesterday, after work, I was back in London-KingX around 21:30 (we had a little party after work)...

Looking at the board, it said that no trains were running at all due to bad weather... So I ask a few members of staff and finally found that a train was "waiting for me"... Due to depart at 21:40.
In fact after various updates... The train finally departed at... 22:30 !
About One hour later, it arrived at Finsbury Park (I reckon it generally take 5 to 10 minutes to get there...)... To finally arrive in Peterborough at about 02:30 this morning !!! When I'm getting up at 05:55 to catch the 07:40 trains to go to work !...
That was a crazy night and I'm so tired, almost sleeping on my KB at work !

Did any of you have been affected (yet) by this weather ?

Jerry

Defender of my A1XE-G4 / AOS4 Final Update !
Looking for a new toy ? Then try a GP2X...
Go to top
Re: The worst night ?
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@AmiGame

I've heard a bit about your weather, but it seems that we are both getting waves of it. The only thing really missing here is the hurricane force winds.

For those who are brave enough to want to know me better, visit
my Home Page, my Storefront, and blogsey
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Billsey

Mind you, there have been some heavy ice storms in Austin this week with power downs and stuff!

I read that some train networks were completely shut down in Europe during the storms?

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@AmiGame

Quote:

Did any of you have been affected (yet) by this weather ?
Jerry

Not directly, surprisingly the last two days have been calm and sunny in Scotland - makes a change ! Its back to normal today though - wind and rain - but that is usual around here

The missus did travel down to London yesterday though, she set off at 9am and was meant to get to the accommodation at around 7pm. Apparently there were no trains and hardly any tubes running down there so she eventually did not get there until after 9:30pm.

Any news of whether the transport is back and running down there ?

Bill.

Go to top

Register To Post