Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
119 user(s) are online (66 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 117

geennaam, VooDoo, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

I'm Just An Allround User..
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
I'm not going to make this topic into a self-biograph where one starts from the very beginning of one's life and ends it to the very day the person writes it..

Learning the advices from several others, i will try to keep this short and clear as possible..At least after this first, long post..

Some have, because i was a former member of AmigaWorld.net and that was not a good experience,
have questioned my motives and about me as a person
and Amiga user. Okay, i haven't been an easy person to
deal with and now i realize i wrote too much into ONE post,
instead of trying to split it to several posts keeping them short and easy-understanding, and when people did not understand me or simply just criticing me, i became furious
and made these situations worse, which resulted in me banned from AmigaWorld. I also left because much had changed in that forum and many lost the belief in both the
site and the Amiga. This was before these excellent news from A-EON, ACube and Hyperion Entertainment. The news about bringing the PPC platform back also to the desktop market with new, modern technology never seen in PPC..

Okay, enough technical information. This is not what the topic is. Simply put, i am just a general allround user of computing, mostly Amiga. I started off with an Amiga 500 in the end of the 80-ies, borrowing one from one of my brothers. I played a lot and experienced a lot with
OctaMED tracker. I started to make a lot of MODs..

In 1994 i bought my first Amiga 1200, and it had Workbench 3.0, another A1200 in 1997 from
Amiga Technologies GmBH with 3.1 and further
expanded it into a PPC-Amiga system with OS3.9.
It became an A1200T PPC-system. I continued to
use several general programs like word processing,
internet, gaming, music and MOD-composition in OctaMED. OctaMED SoundStudio was the greatest
tracker i have been using..

The 2 last Amiga systems i had were both an AmigaOne G3-XE and G4-XE systems. The mistake i did was to get them overclocked, and i trusted some wrong people i thought had experience in hardware engineering, being
able to fix motherboards and such, something i can't.
This resulted in a person i incorrectly entrusted, screwing a fan right through the motherboard! BIG MISTAKE, and he got away before i could hold him responsible for the mistake. NEVER AGAIN! This means THAT PERSON was the one who screwed my motherboard. I entrusted the wrong person..

Since my retirement from AmigaWorld during the beginning of December 2009, i learnt a lot about
myself and different things from the life itself. I had
a lot of time to thing and reflect on things, and here
i am now, around a half year later on..

Again, i am just a simple allround user like so many of us. I'm good with photographing, some music and graphic creation and i'm eager to learn more. I love the Amiga and i love the AmigaOS system. I know a lot about it and have watched the development of the AmigaOS since the very beginning, and i am very impressed about how modern and advanced it has
become today. The fact that such an excellent, modern and powerful hardware like A1-X1000 is booting the latest AmigaOS 4.1, is really, really impressive, considering the fact that its' CPU is fully 64-bit RISC,
and able to run in 32-bit, and it's dual-core!

Some might be annoyed about the way i speak, like i should know everything. I don't know everything and nobody knows everything. We all know many things and have different experiences both from computing and general life, and we have to learn to respect each others and stop attacking each others just because we are different from each other. We all live in the same society, and the same planet. We are true humans and should behave like one, not like hungry animals looking for food.

It's important to understand that Amiga sites like this one is not just for developers and programmers. They are for general allround computer users, too. Many of us can test different applications and make important reviews of them, as well as the kind of hardware we
choose to run, even the OS we might choose to use..

Just because one might be a technican working with motherboard layouts, chip-production, engineering, or a developer/programmer, doesn't mean the person always is right and that the person is better than everybody else. Such a person could find it very surprising that just a simple allround user might have answers or know things that technican/developer/programmer doesn't know or realize. That's important to keep in mind..

That's why there are several ways to show support for the Amiga. We use the Amiga because we love it. Most of us believe in the platform and want to help moving it forward as best as we can. For many of us it's both a belief, culture and a kind of religion. It's all about belief.
If one doesn't believe in the Amiga, then Amiga sites are not for that person. It's as simple as that, really..

That's all i got to say. This one was very long, but further comments will be written in each posts as adviced...

Written by:

Helgis, Norway

Soon to own a powerful AmigaOne X1000 with latest AmigaOS 4.1 incarnation ;) Dual Core PPC!

- Helgis
Go to top
Re: I'm Just An Allround User..
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@All

Hope most of you will take time to read this, as this means a lot to me and i want people to have a better understanding of me..

Soon to own a powerful AmigaOne X1000 with latest AmigaOS 4.1 incarnation ;) Dual Core PPC!

- Helgis
Go to top
Anonymous
@Helgis

Retirement?

Restricted for: 10121 Days

http://amigaworld.net/userinfo.php?uid=9190

Is that you?

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Helgis

Thank you.

~ Don't take yourself so seriously. No one else does.
~ When it comes to going after what you love in life, don't take no for an answer.
~ Your children get only one childhood.
~ Life isn't tied with a bow, but it's still a gift.
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@DaveP

Yes, it's me. I was banned, but it also gave me the decision to leave the site, as there was no choice..

- Helgis
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@NotYo

You are welcome

- Helgis
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Helgis

I am not a member of AW nor do I visit the site but google searches often lead me to specific threads there, threads that you have posted on.

After seeing most of your posts being replied to with angry critism and even insults directed toward you, I believe you are better off being without the arrogant jerkwads there.

@all, i direct your attention to this thread http://amigaworld.net/modules/news/ar ... ryid=5105&start=140#68459

If you find helgis' post you will read

"I am not sure if there will be a new UBoot for AmigaOne. That hardware is now a thing of the past and that support might likely be fased out. SAM440 and future hardware in the other hand will have a new UBoot or another more modern BIOS..."

It is quite clear that he was referring to UBoot and not AmigaOS like most replies indicated despite helge mentioning UBoot twice and BIOS once.

I know it's not worded the best (I'm sure english is not his primary language anyway). But if you read between the lines it is clear that helgis was trying to say that since Eyetech walked away from the amiga market a number of years ago, it is unlikely that they will develop a new bios for their old mobos... kinda ironic that the theme of this particular thread was "reading between the lines".

And it goes on. Most of your posts there on AW.net got a reply that started with "You do this all the time, bla bla bla" and continue on with a tirade of insults. They even followed you to youtube and fill you comments up with total bullcrap.

Personally, I admire your enthusiasm for the new-gen amigas. It is obvious that Amiga computers have been a big part of your life and instead of lamenting the end of the 68k days you are willing to embrace the products that a few small companies have worked bloody hard to make available to such a small userbase as ourselves.

A1000, A500,
A1200 (Blizz IV 030 + 32Mb, Subway USB, 16Gb CF2IDE)
SAM-Flex 800mhz
Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
@mz3540

Unfortunately Helge has a nasty habit of stating his opinion as though it were fact, which has been pointed out to him in the past. While, for those of us the DO know the facts, it is easy to see Helges mistake, people that are not aware of such will easily misconstrue his "opinions" and hence the tirade that follows.

This is an unfortunate side-effect of the written word being unemmotional, and it is easy to take things the wrong way.

A general rule of thumb is to word your postings carefully, and if there is any doubt at all, simply don't post it. What makes perfect sense to the poster may not be seen that way to the reader, it's a very fine line.

While this site will not tollerate personal attacks and slanging matches, it is easy to see how such things can happen elsewhere.

Simon

Edited by Rigo on 2010/5/28 19:00:49
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@mz3540

I was on that time wrong about the UBoot, as this one is used for SAM, while CFE is used for AmigaOne X1000...

I appologize for that, but most of the other things were all true, and it has now appeared that i was right about the most..

It's true that english is not my primary language but that doesn't mean i don't understand it. In the other hand, i might sometimes have problems in finding the right words and get them written the way the might be supposed to, making it easy to misunderstand things...

Then again you get all the nay-sayers and the players who like to make life close to living hell for other people. There you have the "net-war" in a nutshell..

- Helgis
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Rigo

I have PM?ed Helgis about that, the problem as I see it is when you state rumors as facts, this becomes a problem for Hyperion, because Hyperion has to have integrity and has to live up to what they say in public.

Helgis thinks he is promoting Hyperion and OS4, and to some extent he does, but he does not realize the problems he might be causing.

Edited by LiveForIt on 2010/5/29 15:35:32
(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
and other tools and apps.
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Rigo

Reading your post carefully, i would thank you for the advice warning, and will do what i can to take this lesson to hart...

- Helgis
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@LiveForIt

I understand the conserns and you might be right about one point where it's too easy to be blind for what consequenses might come, even that i only mean
quite well...

But again, it's very important to understand that i do have a lot of Amiga experience as told in the first post about what systems i used, what i tried to create, but again i am just an allround user, not a programmer or a typical developer. There is always room to learn more..

- Helgis
Go to top

Register To Post