Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
114 user(s) are online (63 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 113

BSzili, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

(1) 2 »
Filer 53.31 uploaded
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
Final 53.31 version on os4depot:

http://os4depot.net/index.php?functio ... tility/filetool/filer.lha

Changes:

- Add drag&drop onto workbench windows and icons

- Deactivate the parent button and menu items properly when "Parent to root view" isn't active.

Vacca foeda. Sum, ergo edo

Mr Bobo Cornwater
Go to top
Re: Filer 53.31 uploaded
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@orgin

Thanks for the update!

Moving files between Filer windows and the standared Workbench windows via drag and drop is very helpful.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@orgin Quote:

Thank you! I'll try this out ASAP, as it will finally make Filer seem like an integrated part of Workbench (until Hyperion gets around to rewriting Workbench with integrated DOpus5/Ambient-like features).

Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@orgin

Excellent! Thank you very much!

X1000|II/G4|440ep|2000/060|2000/040|1000
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Nice additions

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@orgin
Haven't tried it MUCH yet, but so far "it just worked", which is about the highest praise I can give it!

BTW, the automatic thumbnail feature is growing on me - quite handy to have.

Edited by ChrisH on 2010/3/28 11:17:25
Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@orgin

HI!
Really thanks for the drag'n'drop to workbench :)
I've only 3 little things to signal:

1 - Filer seems to have some problem with my LoView using the new LoViewDT script to load images...but from wb windows it works perfectly...is that sensfull? If you need the script I will send it to you(i dont found your email...

2 - Have you in project to extrac thumbs from the Exif header of the file if present? I will spped-up a LOT the thumbs creation...

3 - plz add the AmiUpdate support for filer...

GOOD WORK!

EDIT: forgot to say: When I ask to you to add the center mouse button click like ASL requester I mean that when I click on it I'll like to have the root view displayed not the parent dir...can you change it plz?

Edited by Tuxedo on 2010/3/28 12:01:09
Simone"Tuxedo"Monsignori, Perugia, ITALY.
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@orgin

Quote:

This one feature alone is fantastic improvement!!! Thank you very much!

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Great job !

This 'little' improvement makes it much more usefull.
Do you think it might be possible to drop a Disk icon on an open filer and make that filer show the contents of that disk ? (like opus4 does)

edit: oh, and what about a dual lister function (again like opus4) or even like windows explorerer ? IMO it would be very usefull...

Thanks,

Martin

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@orgin

drag n drop! Many thx man!

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@metalheart

Quote:
Do you think it might be possible to drop a Disk icon on an open filer and make that filer show the contents of that disk ?

In that case I would make it to copy all content of that partition to the target. Maybe two separate dropping areas to either copy or list the content.

@orgin
Could you add a possibility to open Filer on any public screen ? And move open Filer's between screens ?

Is the source in OpenAmiga up to date ?

Rock lobster bit me - so I'm here forever
X1000 + AmigaOS 4.1 FE
"Anyone can build a fast CPU. The trick is to build a fast system." - Seymour Cray
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@orgin

There is an inconsistency in Filer's behaviour when performing operations on files.

I select a file in the lister and choose Rename. When the rename window is closed (after performing or cancelling the operation), the file becomes unselected.

I select a file in the lister and choose Set Protect. When the protection window is closed, the file stays selected.

The behaviour should always be the same.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@TSK

Quote:

Quote:
Quote:

Do you think it might be possible to drop a Disk icon on an open filer and make that filer show the contents of that disk ?

In that case I would make it to copy all content of that partition to the target. Maybe two separate dropping areas to either copy or list the content.

I think that would be too dangerous, imagine if you want to just list the contents of your system partition, but accidentally miss the correct area, setting off a complete disc copy or disc move operation! I think it would be safe and logical to just list the contents, and if you want to copy the disc, use the old method or use workbench.

@orgin
Good work. One request: Could the 'Find...' requester have support for c-string formatting, like \n, \t etc.? (At least in the 'contents' field.)

EDIT: And possibly the 'Filename' field could be _not_ case sensitive as default?

EDIT: Also, it is a little dumb, that you can't work with the file lister once you are in the search requester. For instance, if you want to edit a file instead of opening it, you can't unless you open a new filer (and you can't clone, so you need to travel the whole path for the new lister, then...) or if you remember all of the search results after closing it.

It would be good if the search box was an independent task, so you could continue using the Filer!

Edited by alfkil on 2010/3/29 17:28:58
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@alfkil

Behaviour should be same always in both WB and Filer IMHO. If you drag&drop anything on top of the area showing dir content then it should do file copy always. You could drag&drop icon on top of a string gadget showing a full path of the drawer to change that path. Nowadays mice are quite good in quality so making errors is not so easy as it was with old Commodore mice back in the old days.

Rock lobster bit me - so I'm here forever
X1000 + AmigaOS 4.1 FE
"Anyone can build a fast CPU. The trick is to build a fast system." - Seymour Cray
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@TSK

Quote:

Behaviour should be same always in both WB and Filer IMHO.

Agreed. Therefore I can't understand that the "Drag and drop like Workbench" behaviour is off by default. Absolute nonsense if you ask me!

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@TSK

Quote:

TSK wrote:
@metalheart

Quote:

that "area" already is there.
if you drop on the path input field of filer the path should be used and the content listed instead copied.
it would be nice if filer could highlite the area when moving the mouse over it:
either highlite the content area (= list) of filer - for example with a red box or similar
or highlite the path input field in the same way if you try to drop something on it.

thanks and regards...

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@orgin

Maybe you could deactivate the root button too if Filer is already in the first root directory (for example at beginning when you start Filer)

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Hi @orgin

Sorry, I haven't been keeping up; haven't went beyond 53.28 - the last known version to work outside Update1.
edit: April 7
I got off my 'loaf' and got back to reality of OS4.1 Update1! Wow, Filer is certainly impressive. The Drag&Drop and Thumbnails features are great. Thanks for the Prefs setting: Reverse Source/Destination device labels. All in all, nice one Orgin!!

Edited by Snuffy on 2010/4/10 0:02:57
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@orgin

sweet additions!!

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@orgin

Can you include the great function from the workbench where I can press fast two or more letters in a window to select the file I want? E.g. you press "f", "i" and "l" to go to "filer". At this moment I can only press one letter (e.g. "f") and have to scroll down
That would be great!

Go to top

Register To Post
(1) 2 »