Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
73 user(s) are online (51 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 73

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2)
Re: Filer drag&drop betatesting
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
@ChrisH

Unfortunately I have not been able to find any way to check if the pointer has been changed by another program. So the chance of automatically changing the pointer back while mouse blanker is blanking it is looking bleak.

However, I've been testing the mouse blanker with drag&drop myself and it seems the problem isn't very big? Just keep moving the mouse and the pointer will appear again.

Vacca foeda. Sum, ergo edo

Mr Bobo Cornwater
Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
@all

Anyway, I've uploaded a new dev version that changes the drag&drop initiation a bit. You no longer have to activate the window before you can start to drag&drop.

Please test it and see if it works as expected.

Mr Bobo Cornwater
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@orgin

Tested, works fine.

Only some problems i see (user-friendly ones), becouse of selecting by mouse + drag & drop mixing. For example, if i want to copy many dirs, i just select them, then press by mouse on any from the selected files and that file on which i press - unselectes, but still i hold mouse, and drag and drop all that files (include that one which unselected).

Also some time for example i want to drap&drop one file : i press on file, hold the mouse, and by some unluck move it a bit down when want to drag it, and, that next file which auto-selects by that unlucky moives, drag and drops too.

I think there is must be some "separator" by logica in the code which will splut drag&drop and selecting by mouse. Like maybe timer in milliseconds (or second/two), which will say to programm that "now, only drag& drop works, not selecting of files". But from other side, when users selected many files, they hold mouse button pretty long too. So maybe "timer" counter are not solution .. Maybe different mouse button ? Or some "Action" ..

What you think ?

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
@all

I've uploaded a release candidate for 53.28. Please test it so I can release it on os4depot.

http://openamiga.org/attachment/project/20/filer_53.28c.lha

Edited by orgin on 2009/12/28 12:44:59
Edited by orgin on 2009/12/28 15:20:40

Mr Bobo Cornwater
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@orgin

This release candidate also include the filer cx that you early setted up ?

Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
@nubechecorre

yes.

@all
http://openamiga.org/attachment/project/20/filer_53.28c.lha

Another release candidate uploaded

Mr Bobo Cornwater
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@orgin
I noticed some drag'n'drop oddities (like doing it unexpectedly) in EARLIER versions, I so suggest giving people a while to test this version, before releasing it...

Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
orgin : I tried it yesterday and it works well as far as I tested. Drag'n'drop is ok.
The only thing that I find confusing is the source and destination toggle ... but with drag'n'drop it becomes useless.

I had a good experience with Filer, there are prefs, no crash and it has advanced features : very good work !

Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
@corto

Thanks, if I don't get any major reported errors I'll try to release it before the new year arrives.

Mr Bobo Cornwater
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Hi @orgin

...filer_53.28c.lha
Another release candidate uploaded
...if I don't get any major reported errors I'll try to release it before the new year arrives.

Nice one! Drag&Drop is nice to use. The 'FIND' files works nice too. A great program for the System's drawer.
<Snuffy gives orgin a big hug for creating this program for our Amigas!>
A Happy New Year to all for sure!

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 (2)