Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
149 user(s) are online (115 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 148

ddni, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2) 3 »
Re: NetSurf 2.1 released !
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Chris
Yes, it was disabling of Compositing that caused the refresh problem. Redfox may have disabled Compositing in Prefs/GUI, if he has Netsurf opening on Worbench (as is the default).

Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Chris

Yes, you are right. I have reinstalled the ELF fix and netsurf now open fine. Sorry for this fault problem, it was just my fault

- The cairo version work but at start, play with all google page ans arrive at google maps, gui diseapeared (just an empty window and amiga freezed.

- After, try to access my modem with http://192.168.1.1. I enter the login and password and the same with the google maps page just explained before.

- same crash when open the bookmark and use one of the button (gfx inside) at the right of the button: visit URL.

verry promising but suffering problems unfortunately. Thanks for your development on netsurf

A1200+Mediator+VooDoo3+060/50+96mo+IIYAMA 17"+CD,CDRW,ZIP SCSI-KIT
SAM440EP on Mapower 3000+AOS4.1

Amiga Docs Disk Preservation Project
Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@nexus

I've seen the resize freeze before and thought I'd fixed it. I have an idea of what causes it - actually can you temporarily turn off "resize window with contents" in GUI prefs and see if that stops it. If the cause is what I think it is, then it will.

@Mrodfr

I've not seen that particular problem, if you can get a step-by-step guide to how to reproduce it I'll try to fix it.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Chris

ok. will try to explain more tomorow.

btw, this one: http://www.amigaimpact.org is verry slow when loading the page and even when the page is complete and the mouse wheel is verry slow also on this page and curiously all is fine with amigans.net (loading page and mouse wheel)..

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Chris

indeed, the freezing disapeared after disabling that option.
(actually, i'm posting right now with NetSurf).

It seems to work nice, so far

Just a short remark: On e.g.:

http://www.tamar.net/phpBB

NetSurf takes quiet a while until the page is loaded and then scrolling is slow. (maybe due to some javascript in that page?)

However, works far better than the previous version.

greetings,

nexus

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@nexus

Loaded OK here, scrolling is perhaps a little slower than it should be but no cause for concern (it's faster than www.bbc.co.uk which is what I usually use for speed tests). The one Mrodfr posted is painful though, there must be something else going on there.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@ChrisH
@Chris
Quote:
Yes, it was disabling of Compositing that caused the refresh problem. Redfox may have disabled Compositing in Prefs/GUI, if he has Netsurf opening on Worbench (as is the default).

Confirmed. I run with Compositing disabled ...
Confirmed, NetSurf runs just fine with Compositing enabled.
Thanks, mystery solved.

I have a MicroA1, which of course came with only 32 MB Video RAM soldered to the motherboard. I run into problems with system slowdowns and freezes if I enable the compositing modes, because these modes eat Video RAM for breakfast and the MicroA1 just doesn't have enough Video RAM available. Turning off compositing modes allows my system to function quite adequately.

I use Prefs/Presets/Default/1074x768 no hwaccel theme as my default theme. This disables all the compositing features.

So, I temporarily enabled Compositing mode as follows ...
I went into Prefs/GUI options and clicked on Compositing mode
left all compositing effects set to 0% (default)
clicked Use button to enable temporarily.
NetSurf worked as expected with all window contents preserved. I could open windows infront or move the NetSurf window off screen and contents did not disappear.

However, with compositing enabled and only one application running (NetSurf) I was already using up 24 MB of Video RAM with only 8 MB of video RAM left available for surfing and other windows, etc.

Reboot ... back to normal (compositing disabled).

---
redfox

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
hello,

I have also tested..used a little ... netsurf 2.1 with composition disabled on the SAM yesterday (just to join redfox comment).

about the googlempas page or after entering the log+pass for the modem comment previously:

- the result is just the top window bar (running netsurf with his own screen) only (no more netsurf own window
with his toolbar and the rest) and a strange square at the top left on the screen and the pointer freezed at center of the screen.

Impossible to reboot with keyboard and need to switch the computer ON/OFF.

BTW, I will test again the 2 site page mentionned, this end of day, with composition enabled...

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@Mrodfr

That sounds like it might be the frames bug - does it work with 2.0?

Also try it with no_iframes:1 set in resources/options

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
For me netsurf2.1/cairo just freeze aos when i just go to any www, and try to resize the window of netsurf (aos4.1/peg2).

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@chris

with cairo version. composition disabled.

1. first time I load netsurf, freezed at: opening the page (message at the bottom - left part of the window).

reboot the amiga and load netsurf again and the netsurf page opened fine this time. (this problem also yesterday and I have forgotten to explain this part yesterday).

2. effectively, with: no_iframes:1 (ressource/option), the google maps page opened fine but the problem is allways here when wanted to access my ADSL modem (http://192.168.1.1). entering login and password fine and same crash as explained previously.

tested with composition enabled and same problem, just the place the about window has been showed on the screen (and other windows like bookmark) is well redrawed with composition enabled.

just a few menus and messages are in french, most are in english.

Edited by Mrodfr on 2009/5/26 19:05:23

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@Mrodfr

Sounds like the frames bug, which I've fixed since.

@kas1e

Try disabling "resize window with contents" in GUI prefs, if that stops it I know what causes it.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Chris

you have fixed the bug also when login and password requester window ???

also the fonts per default are verry small (even on 1024x768) ???

1. just few menus are in french, most of all are in english.

2. slow rendering problem on page.

3. slow vertical scrolling page.

and netsurf will be much better. thanks for the development, chris

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Mrodfr
Try dragging the page - scrolling is very fast (and natural) that way,

Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top
Site Builder
Site Builder

See User information
@Chris

I use now the latest cairo version and seems a lot faster and more stable than before. The only thing that I believe should be fixed is the GIF/PNG background, that is shown with black color on 16bit screens. You see, I use my mA1 on that mode because the 32MB of the graphics memory are finishing too fast on 32bit screen. On my workbench of 1680x1050 32bit, when the machine starts I have only 16MB of free Gfx Memory. If I start then the Netsurf, i get only 4,5MB Gfx Mem Free. So, after a few pages the graphics problems start.

That's all I would ask. Thanks for your fine work...

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@Mrodfr

Quote:

you have fixed the bug also when login and password requester window ???

Does it use the NetSurf 401 authentication login stuff? I can log in to sharemation fine, so that's not broken. If it is just on your router I suspect it is the frames bug - which I really wish I'd spotted before the release, but most framed sites aren't very navigable on NetSurf so it isn't a massive problem unless you happen to be doing something very important that hasn't been saved, at the same time.

Quote:

also the fonts per default are verry small (even on 1024x768) ???

If you upgraded the previous version, open up Resources/Options and add a 0 to the end of the font_minsize value (eg. font_minsize:12 becomes font_minsize:120)

Quote:

1. just few menus are in french, most of all are in english.

I don't know who did the original French translation, but it hasn't been updated since I've been working on NetSurf. I'm sure the NetSurf dev team would be grateful for an updated translation (the file is in Resources/fr/Messages, and the strings are all UTF-8, if you or somebody else reading want to take this on)

Quote:

2. slow rendering problem on page.

amigaimpact.org? Fixed. Just now, in fact.

Quote:

3. slow vertical scrolling page.

See ChrisH's message, or give me some examples. They may be fixed along with point 2.

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@walkero

The 16-bit problem seems to be an OS4 bug (or "feature") - both the Cairo renderer, and alpha blits, don't work on 16-bit screens, or at least I can't get them to work.

NetSurf does like to use gfx card mem - this is to speed up certain graphics operations, but things should be pushed out of there if memory gets tight.

You can try setting cache_bitmaps:0 in Resources/Options, that might relieve the pressure a bit. Reducing memory_cache_size may help as well, as I'm not sure if that value includes all the extra caching I do (I suspect not, as the core has no way of knowing how much additional memory I'm using for each image)

It could be a memory leak

Chris

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Chris

chris, after each cold boot, netsurf cairo version load fine but freezed, with the message: opened the page.... (bottom left part of netsurf).

hum...., error, after a long time, netsurf said:

couldn't resolve host: http://www.netsurf-browser.org

with the default link: http://www.netsurf-browser.org/welcome/

quit and reload netsurf and the same. reboot the sam with the keyboard and reload netsurf and all is fine. Netsurf have an internet connexion recognized problem somewhere....

fonts size:

font_size:128
font_min_size:85

but on some site, fonts are verry verry tiny. example:
http://www.google.fr/ at the right of the search bar, there are 3 verry small blue vertical link (advanced search,...).

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@Mrodfr

The first one sounds like your Internet connection is broken.

For the second, increase font_min_size - 85 will give you at least 8pt high text, which really isn't very big (the value is font height * 10, so try 120 or 140)

Chris

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Chris

1. Ok. font fine with 120.

2. when netsurf not load the default site the first time here, I have loaded previously Ibrowse and answer this thread that mean the connexion work fine. strangely, no problem after I reboot the sam.

3. another slow site: http://www.boursorama.com

4. about login+password page:

- a test with another login+password site give me as result unable to resolve http:///

cut'n'paster again the same link and enter succesfully this site.

- with htp://192.168.1.1/xxxxxxx (link cut'n'paste from Ibrowse after entering the modem page settings), work fine on netsurf. another same modem page link and work fine also and this time the login+password asked and work fine this time also.

Only with: http://192.168.1.1 and enter the login+password, netsurf freeze badly and need to swith ON/OFF the SAM.

5. ADDED 20h19 PM:

DSI error on the bookmark.

1. I add some links.
2. create a new drawer (on the bookmark)
3. deplace vertically link to be on the new drawer
4. click on the new drawer name and rename and after typing the new name: amiga, I press enter and DSI.

6. ADDED 21h03:

On the new amiga-org forum. when browsing on a thread, message on a shell: libPNG: this file is no a PNG file (or same meaning).

Edited by Mrodfr on 2009/5/27 20:21:37
Edited by Mrodfr on 2009/5/27 21:05:47

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 (2) 3 »