Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
77 user(s) are online (51 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 76

VooDoo, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Speed of PCI slot on Micro A1
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Hi,
I've been searching around for the speed of the Micro's PCI slot. Some sources say 33mhz some 66mhz. So which is it?

Thanks.

Go to top
Re: Speed of PCI slot on Micro A1
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Ruud

From the manual,
"One 33MHz 32-bit 5V PCI slot on board for custom expansion"

Look, only one leg, count em, one!
X1000/PA6T@1800MHz/2Gb/Radeon 4850

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@sundown

Shame, I was hoping for 66mz 33mhz is probably a bit slow for a graphics card. I was thinking of putting a Radeon 9250 128mb PCI card in the Micro I've got coming just for the extra video ram. I wonder how the access speed would compare to the onboard Radeon 7000? I'm not planning on running any demanding games, just a couple of extra screens at 1440x900 resolution. Maybe performance would be ok.
The manual doesn't happen to mention the speed of the bus the Radeon 7000 is on does it?

Thanks,
Rudi.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Ruud

AFAIK is not possible to use a graphic card on the pci slot of the micro.. Rogue told that there are problems about initialization.. unfortunatly at the moment is not possible to use it with graphic card.. no problem with pci sound blaster, tv-pci board or catweasel, but not pci graphic card..

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@nubechecorre

BTW, if you can use a gfx i think it will be better than the radeon 7000 even if running a 33Mhz..

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@nubechecorre

Quote:

nubechecorre wrote:
@Ruud

AFAIK is not possible to use a graphic card on the pci slot of the micro.. Rogue told that there are problems about initialization.. unfortunatly at the moment is not possible to use it with graphic card.. no problem with pci sound blaster, tv-pci board or catweasel, but not pci graphic card..

Ok thanks for letting me know, probably saved me wasting some money on a pci gfx card

Quote:

BTW, if you can use a gfx i think it will be better than the radeon 7000 even if running a 33Mhz..

Yeah that's what I thought but seems like I'm not going to get the chance to find out...

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Ruud

Good thing you mentioned GFX cards, as others said, they don't work in the micro, not happy about that.

I have heard that one will work in a micro if USB is disabled. I'm sure, if true, its not without problems. Be nice to hear from those that tried to get one working, failed or not.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@sundown

Quote:

sundown wrote:
@Ruud

Good thing you mentioned GFX cards, as others said, they don't work in the micro, not happy about that.

Neither am I.

What about upgrading the ram? I've read on a few sites that the max memory is 2GB, is this right? Don't really want to be stuck with 256MB...

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Ruud

The micro manuel claims 2GB, but good luck getting more then a 512MB dimm to work right. You can buy a cheap one, but it most likely will cause random crashes. A tested dimm will cost more ($150 ish), but worth knowing you have known good memory.

There is a app called memtester on OS4 Depot to test the memory. Can take 14 hrs to test a 512MB dimm, but if it passes at least 1 loop, you can feel good about your you memory.

512MB is the highest tested memory, anything high can appear to work, but most likely won't pass the memory test. I have 512MB & it fills my needs so far.

Go to top

Register To Post