Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
66 user(s) are online (48 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 66

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 ... 17 »
Re: Filer alpha, from OpenAmiga.org
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@orgin

the buttons kind of get in the way.
i very much preferred one of the ways dopus magellan let you do it. there was a button that brought up a user definable popup menu. it eats up way less screen estate. alternatively, user definable entries to the rmb popup menu, that would be even nicer.

maybe that's already possible? if so, sorry.

Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
@spotUP

IIRC magellan also had free floating button banks. But that is not possible here since I'm not rewriting workbench from scratch.

I'll add the rest to the task list, but I only have so many hours a day that I can put into this project so don't expect me to jump at it right away. I want the basic functionality to all be in there and to be stable before adding new variations to what is already in there.

Next up is implementing source/dest.

Vacca foeda. Sum, ergo edo

Mr Bobo Cornwater
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@orgin

i understand that. just trying to give you some feedback. better have to much than too little right? :)
src/dst will be a welcomed addition.

about free floating buttons, yes i loved the way dopus implemented those. very simple yet quite powerful.

but as you said, that ain't really up to the lister to deal with, a separate app can handle that. and i think we already have one, i just can't remember the name right now.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@spotUP

Quote:
about free floating buttons, yes i loved the way dopus implemented those. very simple yet quite powerful.

but as you said, that ain't really up to the lister to deal with, a separate app can handle that. and i think we already have one, i just can't remember the name right now.

Couldn't you just use Amidock, set up a sub-dock and lock it wherever you want on your screen.

Peter Swallow

Eyetech A1XE-G3 800Mhz OS4.1
Towered A1200 OS3.9
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Swoop

That would mean a way to control from the outside what Filer should do, maybe an ARexx port ?

Back to a quiet home... At last
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Hi @orgin

... Anything like F. Wilkin's 'Script Launcher'? Or, are the buttons just short cuts to the file?
I goofed, the author of ScriptLaucher is Joe Howard. Sorry.

They are diropus style user buttons, you assign a command to it that can contain tags.
OK, sounds good. Thanks for the info.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@orgin

is the "snapshot" option in the menu supposed to work ? here it always opens on the top left, below the WB border.

Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
@Lio

Nope not implemented yet. It will snapshot the current window size so that new listers get that size.

Mr Bobo Cornwater
Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information

Mr Bobo Cornwater
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@orgin

It's coming along nicely.

Could you also add the ability to delete files and drawers with the delete button?

Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
@PEB

Done.

@All

53.15 is out: http://openamiga.org/index.php?function=viewfiles&projectid=20

You can now define what program should open specific file types (4.1 only). Read readme inside archive for more information.

Mr Bobo Cornwater
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@orgin

Thanks!

Were there any plans to add Back and Forward navigation buttons? The Parent button works like Back would (unless the user manually enters a path to a drawer); but there is nothing that works like Forward at the moment.

Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
@PEB

You mean a bit like a browser history that you can go back and forth in. Well I suppose that's possible.

However that would mean two more buttons, wider window.

Mr Bobo Cornwater
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@PEB

a history of folders visited will be different than just the parent, although its a nice thing to have, i would think having something like -press 'n' to go to files starting with 'n'- would be higher on the list.

congrats on some really nice work orgin!

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
damn cows, they are everywhere.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@orgin

Quote:
You mean a bit like a browser history that you can go back and forth in.

Yes.

Quote:
However that would mean two more buttons, wider window.

That's fine with me---I always have to resize the window to make it larger every time I open a new filer window (since the snapshot feature doesn't work yet). There may be others who like to keep it small though.

One very minor thing: I just noticed that the selected state images for the buttons are not being used.

Thanks for the updates!

Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information

Mr Bobo Cornwater
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@orgin

Had a little play with this last night. It's comming on really well.

A few little feedback and feature requests if I may.

1. The main icons should user configuarable, for instance I hate the delete on icon being in the middle, on my DOpus5 install on my A1200 the first thing did was move to the right hand edge and put a small spacer between it and the rest of the icons. I've no need for the newshell button on the lister as well, so if I was configureing it I's take that off.

2. Given that there is a new shell it should start CD'd to the directorty in the viewer.

3. Those tooltips, they come up too fast! (I've noticed this with a lot of reaction programs so maybe it's a reaction issue). I find myself jiggle the mouse to get rid of them, seriously mess up the smooth usage.
The one for the main browser area is unneccaessary in my opinion. It's blindlingly obvious that it's a directorty listing! More importantly it pops up over the top of the listing your trying read!

4. Popup menus for different filetypes would be nice. (I imagine that's allready on the todo list). For instance sometimes I want to view / read source code, sometimes edit it.

5. The Notepad menu entry should be EDIT, and allow the user to configure their own editor.

6. Open on seperate screen? I've always used DOpus (4 or 5) on a seperate screen to the Workbench, filemanageing on one and working on the other.

But looking good!

Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
@broadblues

1. I'll consider it.

2. Hmm it should do that already. It does for me. Are you sure you're viewing a valid path? root view will open it in sys: (where else?)

3. That's a reaction thing as far as I know. And yeah, I will remove the one in the main lister, don't know why that was ever added.

4. Yeah that's on the todo list. Use user buttons until it's added.

5. Will solve itself once user menus is done. For now just configure your favorite editor in a user button. (easier to click than using the menu anyway)

6. I'll add it to the list.

Mr Bobo Cornwater
Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
@orgin

53.17 out: http://openamiga.org/?function=viewfiles&projectid=20

Includes a standalone preferences program.

Mr Bobo Cornwater
Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 (2) 3 4 5 ... 17 »