Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
89 user(s) are online (47 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 89

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

some wishes (maybe bugs)
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
hi.

just tried that software pearl looking very very good! congratulations!
using it on an a1xe with os4 and the first public beta of cb.

i found the following things to improve:
- i defined a "standard project directory" in the settings. but when creating a new project it defaults to the codebench home directory. when opening an existing one the one from the settings is correctly used.

- a am not able to select text with the cursors. i'd expect to use shift+cursorkeys. but it does not work.

- if i select some text with the mouse i was not able to delete the text by pressing DEL or BACKSPACE. both should work. instead the text was unselected only and the cursor moved.

- i wanted to define the page-up/down keys in the keyboard settings (found later that they work anyway) but this is not posibe. i only see a some cryptic characters when learning and the settings cannot be correctly saved.

- i miss a "find next" function. this of course can be done inside the search popup but usually i like the popup to be closed and only press whateverkey to find the next hit. closed, because i want the text window be the active one as i usually type something afterwards and don't want to mouseklick first.

very well done rigo!!
(and whoever helped)

thanks and
byebye...

Go to top
Re: some wishes (maybe bugs)
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@MichaelMerkel

Quote:

MichaelMerkel wrote:
- if i select some text with the mouse i was not able to delete the text by pressing DEL or BACKSPACE. both should work. instead the text was unselected only and the cursor moved.

well, backspace indeed deletes the text. DEL does not.

byebye...

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@MichaelMerkel

Shift+Cursors is a windows thing. The Amiga standard is to hit Amiga+B to turn block marking on.

Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
@MichaelMerkel

hmmm, this is very strange, I added that myself, and I'm sure it still works. I shall have to check.

Simon

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@xeron

Quote:

xeron wrote:
@MichaelMerkel

Shift+Cursors is a windows thing. The Amiga standard is to hit Amiga+B to turn block marking on.

so shift+cursors is a "bad thing"? i use it regularly with yam... and miss it in notepad where i have to use ctrl+cursors - even more strange to me.

of course, pressing amiga+b, moving cursors, pressing amiga b seems easier to use than shift+cursor-move
we amigans always like the hard way to go, don't we?

byebye...

Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
@MichaelMerkel

Both DEL and Backspace remove the highlighted block here. Which locale are you using? Does DEL actually delete any characters at all, or is it just the block that won't get removed?

Simon

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Rigo

Quote:

Rigo wrote:
@MichaelMerkel

Both DEL and Backspace remove the highlighted block here. Which locale are you using? Does DEL actually delete any characters at all, or is it just the block that won't get removed?

i found the problem.
if you select the text with the mouse from top to bottom both keys work fine.
but if you select the text from bottom to top both keys do NOT work.

byebye...

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
one mor thing...

when the line numbers column is shown it would be nice to be able to click on that column to mark complete lines of coding. currently this does not work.

thanks and
byebye...

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
do you plan to add drag and drop for selected text? would be really nice.

thanks and
byebye...

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
ok. we have syntax highliting which is really good.
do you plan to add:
- parenthesis "highliting"/clicking
- codeblock "hilighting"/clicking

what i mean is the following:
parenthesis highliting:
if the cursor is placed on a parenthesis the corresponding "other" one should be highlited. for example by just black-bolding it until the cursor is moved.
and if you doubleclick on the paranthesis the cursor should jump to the other one...

codeblock highliting:
just likee above. but for complete code-parts. for example, you have an if statement followed by an else.
if (a==b) {do whatever you like}
elseif (a==c) {do another thing}
else {do something else}

you place the cursor on the "if". then the elseif and else should be "highlited" like described above.
and if you click on the if statement the cursor should jump to the elseif and from there to the else statement.

we have these features at work and i really appreciate it.

thanks and
byebye...

Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
@MichaelMerkel

[text marking and DEL]
According to Xeron, this has since been fixed.

[auto highlighting]
While this kind of stuff is nice, I think burying it in the gadget may not b the best option purely because it may be too limiting, so support may come from the project plugin.

Simon

Go to top

Register To Post