Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
105 user(s) are online (53 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 104

joerg, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

e-UAE with sdl problem and amigasys3
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
hi.

just found out about the forum...
i already wrote this at amigaworld.net. so i post it here again.

i just tried to take a look at the latest amigasys3 archive and wanted to install it on my a1/os4/euae combo. (latest euae from evilrichs site)

1. strange sdl problem here
when starting euae i see the processor load go up to 100%. euae seems to run. but when i quit it using ctrl+alt+q the cpu load stays 100%. scout tells me that there still is the sdl task running.
is there a known problem?

2. concerning amigasys3
i installed it - at least i tried. but installing os3.9 does not work very well. trying to install the themes just makes euae lock. i commented the lines in the "installer" script file and it went on. but now i cannot boot it? strange. was somebody successfull here?

thanks and
byebye...

Go to top
Re: e-UAE with sdl problem and amigasys3
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@MichaelMerkel

I haven' t tried yet amigasys3 but i have same problem here .. cpu usage stays at 100%

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Hi @MichaelMerkel

was somebody successfull here?

Yes
http://www.flickr.com/photos/11367727@N07/

I'm going to play with Hombre on AmigaSYS.

I only installed OS3.1 to cleanup the hacks and cracks.
When I installed 3.9 on AmiKit, I used the Emergency Disk and CD Install. Required rewriting some scripts.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Hi @nubechecorre

Yes and the temperature should rise about 4 degrees celcius. It called working. Tell me what it should do? It's emulating a 68020 processor and working Two OSes!

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Snuffy

Yes but it is a 100% usage even when you quit the emulator !! this is not normal..

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
hi.

is there a known problem with the protection bits (especially "s") when using a filesystem partition insetad of an hdf file?

that is so strange...

byebye...

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Hi @MichaelMerkel
I saw that here:
http://amigaworld.net/modules/newbb/v ... p?topic_id=24696&forum=32
If it comes from linux, it's configured to linux and doesn't help you in OS4, huh.
As far as I'm concerned linux is like a virus. Remember too, all these emulators were setup for PCs. A lot of tweaking maybe required to make them compatible the A1. Still the best OS3.1 system for the A1, is the EyeTech Workbench from the A1 CD. It's lean and fast.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@MichaelMerkel

Quote:

when starting euae i see the processor load go up to 100%. euae seems to run. but when i quit it using ctrl+alt+q the cpu load stays 100%. scout tells me that there still is the sdl task running.

There is a known bug with hardfiles which stops E-UAE quitting cleanly on AmigaOS. I have fixed this problem now, though, and am hoping to put out a new release very soon.

Cheers,
Rich

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@evilrich

Quote:

evilrich wrote:
@MichaelMerkel

Quote:

There is a known bug with hardfiles which stops E-UAE quitting cleanly on AmigaOS. I have fixed this problem now, though, and am hoping to put out a new release very soon.

thanks! i found out that this has to do with the hdf file just yesterday. i have two problems left:
1. wip4 seems to be mor unstable if i copy a lot of files inside euae. it just locks the whole computer then. wip2 has no problems here
2. the s-bit stuff mentioned above drives me crazy ...

in the meantime i was able to install amigasys3+ by doing the following:

1. mount and boot the hdf file (system:) using wip2
2. also mount a filesystem (system2:)
3. copy ALL from system: to system2: (ALL CLONE)
this then results in a correct filesystem disk with the s-bit set as defined.
4. change the config and boot from the filesystem (wip2!)
5. do the installation through amigasys3+

only this worked here...

thanks and
byebye...

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Hi @evilrich

There is a known bug with hardfiles which stops E-UAE quitting cleanly on AmigaOS

Ah, no wonder I never noticed the problem; I don't use them! I Diskimage .HDFs to normal FFS files. I have better results that way.

@MM
WIP2 is my favorite too! Ditch the dish; I mean ditch the .HDF fiel thigs will run smoother.

Go to top

Register To Post