Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
232 user(s) are online (132 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 232

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

(1) 2 »
getting rid of the rust
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Hi all

I'm back to OS4 after almost 2 years of absence and having problems with these (apollogies for the rustiness):

1. can't hook shell to kcon: (tried replacin con: with kcon: in toolypes of sys:system/shell)

2. cant get screemodes higher than 1024x768 working. Tooltypes of radeon monitor contain:
MODE=1280x1024@85
linux box can display this on the same display,
this one didn't work (as installed by os installer)
MODE=1280x1024@72
the card is radeon9000pro

3. is mixer part of the os? or contributions?

More to follow,
Jack

Resized Image
"the expression, 'atonal music,' is most unfortunate--it is on a par with calling flying 'the art of not falling,' or swimming 'the art of not drowning.'. A. Schoenberg
Go to top
Re: getting rid of the rust
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Jack

Link for Mixer.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Rob

Thanks!
Jack

Resized Image
"the expression, 'atonal music,' is most unfortunate--it is on a par with calling flying 'the art of not falling,' or swimming 'the art of not drowning.'. A. Schoenberg
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Jack

put these lines in user-startup :

; This mounts KCON and KRAW
Assign CON: DISMOUNT
Assign RAW: DISMOUNT
Mount CON: from DEVS:KingCON-mountlist
Mount RAW: from DEVS:KingCON-mountlist
; End

of course you need to copy the relevant files according to kingcon 1.7 files.

Regarding screenmodes, I have these as tooltypes for my radeon 7500 :

BOARDTYPE=Radeon
CMPLENGTH=6
(BORDERBLANK=Yes)
(BIGSPRITE=Yes)
(SOFTSPRITE=Yes)
IGNOREMASK=Yes
(DISPLAYCHAIN=Yes)
FAKENATIVEMODES=No
VSYNCMIN=56
VSYNCMAX=75
HSYNCMIN=30000
HSYNCMAX=81000
MODE=640x480@75
MODE=800x600@75
MODE=1024x768@72
MODE=1280x1024@60
INTERRUPT=Yes

and BTW Welcome back with your shiny new CPU module !

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Jack

Get these "VSYNCMIN", "VSYNCMAX", "HSYNCMIN" and "HSYNCMAX" values from your monitors manual. The monitor driver is clever. It doesn't let you use invalid screen modes which might break your display. So those values have to be correct ones. (Don't use anyone elses values. Those have nothing to do with gfx card but they're limits of a monitor.)

Quote:
(tried replacin con: with kcon: in toolypes of sys:system/shell)

I think that should work.

Well I have these in user-startup:
Mount KCON: from DEVS:KingCON-mountlist
Mount KRAW: from DEVS:KingCON-mountlist

And I have these in shell icon tooltypes:
WINDOW=KCON:350/700/800/250/AmigaShell %N.%S/CLOSE
STACK=512000
FROM=S:Shell-Startup

Do you have "KingCON-Handler" in sys:L and "KingCON-mountlist" in sys:Devs ? And those two "mount" lines in user-startup ?

Rock lobster bit me - so I'm here forever
X1000 + AmigaOS 4.1 FE
"Anyone can build a fast CPU. The trick is to build a fast system." - Seymour Cray
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Lio

Quote:

Assign CON: DISMOUNT
Assign RAW: DISMOUNT

Silly me, forgot these while testing manually...

Edit:
Oops, repacing con: prevents amidock and other stuff from functioning

10x
Jack

Edited by Jack on 2007/9/20 1:03:14
Resized Image
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Lio

Quote:

Get these "VSYNCMIN", "VSYNCMAX", "HSYNCMIN" and "HSYNCMAX" values from your monitors manual.

Thanks, did the trick...

@thread
Thanks for all the help.
Now going to sleep, tomorrow is another happy day

Jack

Resized Image
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Jack
Quote:

Oops, repacing con: prevents amidock and other stuff from functioning

Ok, it was my imptience and over excitement. The handler in L: was abscent...

Now next qestion: Is there a cpu temperature docky?

Thanks,
Jack

Resized Image
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Jack

Quote:
Is there a cpu temperature docky?

You can find one from SFS homepage: http://strohmayer.org/.

Rock lobster bit me - so I'm here forever
X1000 + AmigaOS 4.1 FE
"Anyone can build a fast CPU. The trick is to build a fast system." - Seymour Cray
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@TSK

Thanks for the cputemp docky link. Behaves strange with 7457. Let's ignore the offset (75C idle),there's no difference when starting dnetc and stopping it...
Probably totally not caluibrated for 7457 cpu.
Will watch it for a while and see if there's any use. Maybe someone can calibrate it,

Jack

Resized Image
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@thread

Here's another question:
Can't get the onboard sound playing.
Mixer is set (shows via sound), ahi is defined, sigmatel chip is there off course.

Is there any debug util that can show something? I remember Davy Wentzler had one when the driver was concieved...

Uboot is 1.1.1

Any ideas?
Or should I dig out the sblive?

Thanks,
Jack

Resized Image
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Snuffy

Quote:

AC97 driver installed ?

Sure it is, It was minor cabling confusion. Started woth finding the cd playback and all's well now

Jack

Resized Image
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
And another one:

How do I access an usb cd/dvd writer?

Life is fun now with OS4

Jack

Resized Image
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Jack

Quote:

Jack wrote:
@TSK

Thanks for the cputemp docky link. Behaves strange with 7457. Let's ignore the offset (75C idle),there's no difference when starting dnetc and stopping it...
Probably totally not caluibrated for 7457 cpu.
Will watch it for a while and see if there's any use. Maybe someone can calibrate it
Most 74xx CPUs don't have a working TAU (Thermal Assist Unit). It works with 750 and 603e CPUs, but not with most 74xx CPUs, and even with 750/603e CPUs it can not be used for getting the CPU temperature (at least not without calibrating it, and nobody can do that for you since it has to be done for each CPU), only for getting temperature changes.
You are probably the first one who is trying it with a 7457 CPU. If your CPU has no working TAU there is nothing which can be done.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@joerg

Quote:

You are probably the first one who is trying it with a 7457 CPU. If your CPU has no working TAU there is nothing which can be done.

Looks so. The fluctuations usally at the very beginning, on the startup.

Jack.

Resized Image
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Ok, and another one: is ahi capable of handling two apps using it at the same time?
If yes, how?
(cygnix launches esd, that should be killed to allow tunenet or other sound-using app running)

Jack

Resized Image
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Jack

Well, it depends on the app. Some apps can share the audio, and some cant. Tunenet wants to keep it locked unless you install certain AHI files and configure it to share... thats one reason why everyones waiting for the new Tunenet. :) My music app SimplePlay uses a programming linker lib called SDL_Mixer for its replaying routines, and it shares the audio, whereas XMAME uses SDL too but DOESNT share the audio.. its a bit strange! I think HDREC wants to lockup the audio too, I'm not sure.

Just to be safe, try going into AHI and setting Unit 0 to have more channels. I have it set to 32, I dont know if this is a bad value. :)

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@jahc

In fact AHI units are shareable, whereas the 'Music Unit' is not (i.e. it locks the hardware). However you can make it shareable by changing the driver of the music unit to use the device.audio device instead of your via.audio. This should do the trick, however be aware that the qulity might be a bit less good because now the audio will be dependant on the CPU load.

Back to a quiet home... At last
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@abalaban

What is "device.audio"?

TIA,
Jack

Resized Image
Go to top

Register To Post
(1) 2 »