Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
59 user(s) are online (39 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 58

mr2, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 ... 9 10 11 (12) 13 14 15 ... 40 »
Re: Beta testing
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Alfkil

Quote:
Hmm, strange. I think it used to work, so I must have messed something up. Also if you try the embeddeddialogs demo, you will see, that *exactly* the same gadget works with both mouse wheel and dragging the scrollbar.

Yep confirmed, all works as expected on this embeddeddialogs demo !

Quote:
Actually, if you try textedit and press the empty areas above and beneath the scrollbar, it "works"

But compared to the embeddeddialogs demo on textedit the scrollbar can't be moved "manually" and the mouse wheel does not work too

Quote:
Well, it needs to be there for cases, when the fontconfig database is updated, and I am not entirely sure on how to do it differently.

A method to hide all that "glitch" at startup should be possible, well atleast we have already a couple of programs that use FontConfig and no one have any of that "glitch" at startup

P.S.
Just for test I try to enabled/disabled the native fonts from Prefs but the FontConfig window still always visible

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
here's a qt irc client that looks nice:
http://www.kvirc.net/

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@spotUP

Maybe you should post it in the challenge thread, to get people ideas of what to port? :) I must say, I am a little disappointed about the outcome of the challenge proposal, I don't see a lot happening, as I was hoping to. Unless everyone is working in secret? Anyways, I should probably have announced, that the price will most likely be a MiniMig (or something equivalent amigarelated if the winner already has one), that might spur the interest.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Alfkil :
Certainly a lot of Amigans in holidays ? It's my case, nevertheless I'm learning Qt (4.3.0) on my MacOSX PowerBook.
I'm building a little program to learn and I use QSound to produce some sounds, I notice that this function is in your "Missing list".

Is it a thing that you will implement in a future update ?

I will use Datatype sound when I will come back on my Amiga...

All works well on my Mac, I hope that it will be just a simple recompilation (except Sound datatype) on my X1000 ;)

Impressive how you can do thing with Qt (and C++) with just few lines !!!

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@zzd10h

Yes, of course, it is in the middle of holidays, and I am thinking, I will need to extend the deadline for the AACU Challenge somewhat to accomodate that. I am glad to hear, that you are happy coding for Qt, that knowledge could be resourceful for both yourself and the Amiga community. I will try and implement QSound (dunno when). Except for that: If your program just uses Qt classes and functions, it should litterally just be qmake - gmake - run. :)

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Yep lately forums are not mutch frequented, quite probaby because many amigans are just busy or in holidays, later i'm sure you will get a better response

Aniway alfkil, just to excite us more and more during this hot summer days did you found the time to make futher improvement/fix in Qt ?

Pls update us !

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Alfkil, i can only speak for myself but i am enjoying my holliday and next week i will spend all my free time working on entries for a demo party, but after that..!

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
The effort you have put in and the price is great!!

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@alfkil
For me currently stop-factor just all the other stuff, but i for sure in interest to do some porting in next days, and have some questions about:

1). did that version which on os4depot are the very latest one, and have no errors on installation, and have all the sobjes and they didn't missed from archive, as well as did all those .svn files removed too ? Why i ask, its because want just dl it, unpack, and be able to use.

2). did you think about any way to make native libraries instead of sobjes for all the whole QT ? (so faster loading of all the loaded apps for second and more times). I remember thomas or hans says that it possible somehow. Not that its very big problem, but will be very cool to have QT works fast and light as much as possible.

3). still working on db101 ? I have few ideas as usual :)

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@kas1e

Quote:
1). did that version which on os4depot are the very latest one, and have no errors on installation, and have all the sobjes and they didn't missed from archive, as well as did all those .svn files removed too ? Why i ask, its because want just dl it, unpack, and be able to use.

Yes the archive on OS4Depot it's the latest one, the svn files still in archive (archive still 400 and more megabytes) but i have no problem to unpack and install it

Quote:
2). did you think about any way to make native libraries instead of sobjes for all the whole QT ?

Fow what i've understand it's not possible because it's all C++, but if possible would be great

Quote:
Not that its very big problem, but will be very cool to have QT works fast and light as much as possible.

The current Qt port start to become pretty usable and not so slow (except at startup) but i'm sure there is a room for further speed improvements aswell .. Alfkil still doing an awesome work so at the moment let's focus on the testing and integration with the system

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
1)

No it was too big for OS4Depot.net, you need to download it from SF.net, the programs can be downloaded from OS4Depot.net, look for news update, you find the correct links to all files.

2)

Yes .SO files are slow because they need to be loaded and linked when program starts, while .libraries stay in memory and there for is quicker, too bad the .SO objects can't be loaded from RAM, hemm maybe someone can hack the OS

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
and other tools and apps.
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@LiveForIt

The full version was uploaded also on OS4Depot

http://os4depot.net/index.php?functio ... velopment/cross/qt.tar.gz

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@alfkil Quote:
I must say, I am a little disappointed about the outcome of the challenge proposal, I don't see a lot happening, as I was hoping to.

2 months isn't a lot of time to port/write something, particularly if people happen to be busy with other stuff at the moment...

If the timing had been different (or longer), I might have considered trying to add QT support to PortablE. (I might still do so, but chances of making the deadline seem very unlikely.)

Edited by ChrisH on 2013/7/22 9:03:18
Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@ChrisH

As I said somewhere else, I will consider extending the deadline for maximum output. The idea is to have some creative results rather than just a run-of-the-mill competition. If you have a plan or proposal of some sorts, please write me a few lines on it, and I will take it into consideration. The jury will consist of a few Danish amigans, but I think I will be the main judge of difficulty of projects, because I know the code. :)

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Hi Alfkil,
Thank for your previous reply.

Are the QLocale functions are implemented ?

I would like to know if we can use QTLinguist to build "catalogs" files ".ts".

Is the

QString locale = QLocale::system().name().section('_',0,0);
cout << locale.toStdString() << endl ;

will return me "Fr" for french on Amiga (it works on my Mac) ?

It will allow me to load a QTranslator file.ts appended with "_fr".

Thank you

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@zzd10h

QLocale is working, yes :)

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Great ;)

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
I still have a mouse pointer location problem with my Sam Flex and QT. If I want to start program, I need to put mouse pointer quite much under the button of program wich I want to start.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
i tried to compile 3 projects now..
with two of them i get this error

2/src'
uic searchdlg.ui -o ui_searchdlg.h
T:gmake.sh.305.UWFQIX[1]: uic: not found
NIL::1: sh stoppat, felkod 127

and with one of them i get:5.Bob:Coding/Projects/qtstuff/scythia> gmake
(cd /src/tools/moc && /SDK/C/gmake)
T:gmake.sh.155.WPWMCB[1]: cd: /src/tools/moc - Device not configured
gmake: *** [moc] Error 1

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@utri007

Are you using native or gl paint engine?

@spotUP

Maybe you should try and add /qt/bin to the PATH env varable. Also the moc problem seems to come from the fact, that the path is wrong (it should be /qt/src etc.). If I don't remember wrong, I saw this before, and it has to do with a path variable not being set properly (QT_DIR, or something like that). Could you send me the makefile?

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 ... 9 10 11 (12) 13 14 15 ... 40 »