Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
150 user(s) are online (105 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 148

328gts, nbache, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

CVPPC &BVPPC and working overlay - is it possible?
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I was just wondering, is it possible to create a fully working overlay under
CVPPC&BVPPC? AFAIK it would speed up fantastic DvPlayer a lot :)

Overlay works under OS3.9, so what is the main obstacle not to have it under OS4 classic?
Just a thought.
Thank you for the answers in advance.

Go to top
Re: CVPPC &BVPPC and working overlay - is it possible?
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Sir_Lucas

Hello ... ;)

I think it's can be done like hack becouse Permedia2 on BVision (CVision maybe done this using hardware functions but that is unconfirmed information...) have not an hardware 2D overlay - If you look at video played using AMP or another video viewer (with overlay ofcoz) you can notice drowing triangles - this hack is taken from 3D drawing from this chipset. Well, I think if this can be implemented in OS4 only when that will be full OS frendly - in CGX it's none 100% soft-hard cooperate. On my machine (A1k2+BPPC+BV) using this option I have often system freez - it's fast but not stable.

PS (in polish ;) )

Fajny koteczek!! ;D

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Lokaty

Thank you for the answer. So it seems that having an overlay on A4000 with CVPPC might be a little bit easier than on BVPPC.

Would it be possible to use the new 3D wrapper whilst creating an overlay under OS4? Or would that require some kind of a hacking again?

PS. Dzieki. :D

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Sir_Lucas

Quote:
So it seems that having an overlay on A4000 with CVPPC might be a little bit easier than on BVPPC.

Probably yes - but remember, this is only speculation and I can't confrim this.

Quote:
Would it be possible to use the new 3D wrapper whilst creating an overlay under OS4? Or would that require some kind of a hacking again?

Maybe this solve "problem", but I think that can't be compatible solution (to use WarpOS software using this overlay function becouse video layer is created by CGX not Warp3D).

Any suggestion??

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Lokaty

So, let us think about it for a while... how does overlay work on mA1 and A1?
Does it use some kind of a special mechanism? If so, could this mechanism be converted or transited to OS4 classic?
Overlay on classic Amigas seems to be a little snag :) But I suppose it worth having it. It would really speed up the great DvPlayer :)

What do you think?

Edited by Sir_Lucas on 2008/5/22 12:42:00
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Sir_Lucas

Quote:

So, let us think about it for a while... how does overlay work on mA1 and A1? Does it use some kind of a special mechanism?

It's seems to be easier than you think. ;) This is part of Picasso96 (remember PIP function? This is equivalent of overlay in CGX... ). P96 use hardware features (in radeon or voodoo - this cards have hardware accelerated 2D video layer) into drivers for ATI and 3DFX.

Quote:
If so, could this mechanism be converted or transited to OS4 classic?
Overlay on classic Amigas seems to be a little snag :) But I suppose it worth having it. It would really speed up the great DvPlayer :)

To use this feature, driver must be changed or updated. But, who do this? On classic Amigas overlay is possible (i think so...) using MediatorPCI/Prometheus + Voodoo card.

I'm also think is worth to have it ... :)

PS.

I raz jeszcze moja lamana angielszczyzna ;P (sorry in polish ... ;) )

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Lokaty

The fact is that I don't want to swap my CVPPC to Mediator or any other PCI solution. You may ask me why?
Because I want to run MorphOS as well on A4000TE and have an opportunity to compare these two systems.
I don't know whether Mos devs are going to serve us another update or not (probably not), therefore I'd like to a have fully pimped OS4 on classic Amiga.
Another point is that DvPlayer seems to be a masterpiece right now, thus overlay could take a full advantage of it.

Cheers. :)

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Lokaty

Quote:
On classic Amigas overlay is possible (i think so...) using MediatorPCI/Prometheus + Voodoo card.
Not only with a Voodoo card, it works with all gfx cards which support overlay, for example the Picasso IV as well. But the gfx chip used in the B/CVisionPPC doesn't have overlay support.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@joerg

So is there a way to emulate it? Could we have any hopes for an overlay under C\Bvision? Maybe through some kind of an emulation of Warp3D or something like that?

Just a thought.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Sir_Lucas

Quote:
Maybe through some kind of an emulation of Warp3D or something like that?
IIRC there is no Warp3D driver for Permedia2 included in the classic Amiga release of OS4.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@joerg

Hmm...:(

So, is there a way to implement overlay for CV\BVision in OS4 for Classic Amigas?
Or any hope ? Or there's no point in doing that?

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I have been trying to enable overlay using CVisionPPC on OS 4.1. Is there any news on this?

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
It is possible to do something similar but it requires a programmer to actually do it.. and those are hard to find lately ...

Go to top

Register To Post