Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
99 user(s) are online (58 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 99

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

DOpus5 beginner problem #8: button bank placement
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I have all my icons coming up where I want them (better than I ever got around to in Workbench, for that matter), and I'm getting listers under control. But I am annoyed that I can't make button bank "Vertical" come up anywhere but screen center, where it soon gets covered by things I am working on. I find nothing in the manuals or the button editor that hints at how I might, say, have it come up below Limpid Clock on the right side of my screen.

It's not really a big deal to move it there after launching, so I won't cry if there is no way to fix this. I'm really learning to appreciate DOpus, especially while editing a couple dozen poorly written HTML files over the last two days. Before it would have been a matter of switching among three screens; Workbench, to check results with Odyssey; DM2 to pick the next file to edit; MEmacs to edit. I still like MEmacs, on its own screen, but it is so nice to have the listers and Odyssey all up front! (Maybe I should try to learn NotePad and have everything on the same screen...)

Edited by kilaueabart on 2014/7/23 8:29:31
Go to top
Re: DOpus5 beginner problem #8: button bank placement
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@kilaueabart

Positioning button banks is easy. just move it where you want it, if it has no dragbar ctrl-lmb to add on, ctrl-lmb to remove again.

when it's where you want choose save layout from the settings menu, this will also save any open lisyers and open them as drfault for you next time you boot (may be environment, been a long time since I used them).

Notepad is easy to learn, it has NO 'features' at all, it has find/relmace and jump commands, that's it...

CygnusEd is IMHO the best editor available, but it is commercial but there are many you can try on os4depot.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Severin

I knew there had to be an easy solution for positioning things, but didn't I really try Save Layout before? Unbelievable!

Notepad isn't what I meant, it was Ed. I can't even find that anymore, although Diskmaster still uses it. I'd really like something just like MEmacs that didn't take up a whole screen of its own. Maybe I'll hunt around. (Years ago I think I had a trial version of Cygnus Ed from some disk that came with a magazine; I don't remember being impressed with it.)

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Ced needs to be used, it's worth it for the macros alone. eg. I edited the ppaint guide which was split into 18 files and chapter based using line numbers as jump points (not even real line numbers but relative numbers) into one document with proper node jump points for every command or function in less than 2 hours using ced macros, an hour of which was just tweaking a few things after the main conversion. Now it is possible to edit it without breaking all the links after the edit point.

Ced is also full screen or windowed, well worth trying.

Ed is in C:, if you like that style of editor try DME that Andy Broad ported to OS4 on OS4Depot, totally configurable, the user even has to design his own menus...

Amiga user since 1985
AOS4, A-EON, IBrowse & Alinea Betatester

Ps. I hate the new amigans website. <shudder>
Go to top

Register To Post