Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
146 user(s) are online (89 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 146

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 ... 20 21 22 (23) 24 25 26 ... 30 »
Re: Mplayer Altivec test version for G4 and PA6T-1682M
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@K-L

Quote:
Arexx crashe fixex but I get some random crashes when watching videos now and there.

Your bug is related to the AAC audio codec, it was reported there was problems whit that few pages back, as the Mplayer core I'm working on is old, it might be fixed in newer mplayer core, so lets just wait for Varthall to complete his merge.

Anyway I can't reproduce the crash here, if was going to debug it I will need to have the video/audio file that crashes so I can debug mplayer codecs.

Unless you can easily reproduce the crash by sending ARexx commands to mplayer, I say its not Arexx related.
As the issue is likely going to fix it self whit newer Mplayer core, I won't add it to bug tracker.
Mplayer GUI does not send any ARexx commands unless you do some thing, so random crashes is not likely for ARexx issues.

And I won't look at issue until the mplayer core is updated, as likely already fixed in a newer mplayer core, try playing the same audio/video files in Joerg's version of mplayer it has a newer mplayer core.

Edited by LiveForIt on 2014/5/16 3:38:31
(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
and other tools and apps.
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@LiveForIt

Quote:
You know it be lot better if you worked whit my on my build, no white out issue and so on.
Why should I work on something I can't use? I don't have a X-1000 with RadeonHD gfx card and your new video output is unusable on anything else, I'm implementing a video output for all other systems, incl. the one I'm using, instead.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@joerg

Well if it displays the same video quality and is faster then comp and looks just as fine then it should replace it right? It just seems pointless to start over from the beginning.

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@joerg

COMP is not unusable on other systems, its just pointless if you have overlay to use composition.

Overlay requires less bandwidth, and looks more or less the same as COMP.

I working on X1000 build because that's my main system, I have XE I use just for testing, but it is hazel copy files around etc, so that's way its not my main focus.

(Maybe I should setup VNC, but I don't think I can see overlay using VNC, so no point)

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@LiveForIt

Quote:

It does not open that library most be .a dependency

As I explained threads.library is used by the old libpthreads.a it's broken and should not be used.

It was replaced by the newer libpthread.a using pthreads.library an absolute age ago. Possibly as long ago as 4.1 definetely in 4.1 update1 (I just checked the CD)!

Yes I have a new SDK as beta tester but yours must be truly ancient (unless you accidentally overwrote the files with an old set for some reason).

Current SDK is at version 53.24

http://www.hyperion-entertainment.biz ... files&parent=30&Itemid=63

Quote:

not too keen on replacing my SDK, I have installed lost of C library's to get mplayer compiling.

Well assuming you installed them correctly in the local dirs you should be able to copy them across to the new SDK.

There is no point building software as important as mplayer with an ancient SDK!

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@broadblues

Quote:
There is no point building software as important as mplayer with an ancient SDK!

I don't normally use PThreads for anything, and I don't belive there is a new GCC that better supports my CPU, it has not made any sense to do so for me until now.

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@LiveForIt

Quote:
Well if it displays the same video quality and is faster then comp and looks just as fine then it should replace it right?
It's faster because it's using overlay which isn't supported by RadeonHD gfx cards. It can't replace your vo comp, both are required, your vo comp for RadeonHD cards and my video output for gfx cards with overlay support (Radeon, Voodoo, PicassoIV, ...).
The quality is exactly the the same with mode=1 (12 bit YUV420P) since that's what you have to use as source for converting to 32 bit RGB as well, with the default 9 bit YUV410P it's not but at least I don't see any differences in the videos I use for testing.

The 16 bit RGB non-overlay mode doesn't have the same quality, it's very noticeable worse. Should have been a fall back for example for Sam460ex with RadeonHD gfx card, on which 32 bit, no matter if compositing is used or not, is very likely too slow (unless you support onchipmem.resource maybe), but since it doesn't work with the RadeonHD driver it's useless.
I'll keep it anyway, it might be usable on classic Amiga Zorro3 gfx cards without overlay support, but there MPlayer is very likely to slow to be usable at all, even with mpeg1 videos.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@LiveForIt

Quote:
and I don't belive there is a new GCC that better supports my CPU,
I'm using a GCC version 4.5.4 I built myself from the sources on http://sf.net/p/adtools (the newer versions there only work as cross-compiler)
AFAIK the old GCC version 4.2.4 in the current SDK may generate instructions not supported by the PA6T CPU which have to be emulated by an exception handler in the kernel, which is extremely slow.

I could upload my build somewhere, but it has some bugs you'd have to work around, for example using "gcc" in an AmigaOS shell doesn't work, only using "gcc:bin/gcc" does, but in makefiles used with gmake (very likely abc-shell in general, but I didn't test it, and using make instead of gmake very likely doesn't work) just "gcc" does work.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Thanks all for the help.
I never thought to download pthreads.lha to get threads.library, especially since I already had a pthreads.library installed.

The new MPlayer runs now with a much lower CPU load than the previous version. Good Job!

Sorry about the library troubles, I just couldn't figure out why I was the only one without it.

:)

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@LiveForIt

Quote:
Your bug is related to the AAC audio codec, it was reported there was problems whit that few pages back, as the Mplayer core I'm working on is old, it might be fixed in newer mplayer core, so lets just wait for Vandal to complete his merge.

Varthall you mean? I doubt he is a Vandal

Anyway, this crash only occurs with version 4.2 and only with the Altivec version (no crahs with the non Altivec 4.2 version) on my G4 using P96. I asked for the same test on X1000 with Radeon 9250 (for P96) with the Altivec build and no crash.

Crashes also with vo_comp on my G4.

--
AmigaONE X1000 and Radeon RX 560
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@K-L

Quote:
Anyway, this crash only occurs with version 4.2

Nope the problem whit AAC codec was known before, and crash was in V1.1, so this has nothing to do whit resent changes.

http://www.amigans.net/modules/xforum ... t_id=89415#forumpost89415

The conclusion back then as it is now, it does not happen often and it be shame to have to disable AltiVec for AAC to fix it, nor can fix the bug whit out a way to reproduce the problem. for now lets wait for Varthall to update mplayer maybe the bug goes away like magic.

Quote:
Crashes also with vo_comp on my G4.

Yes because its AAC audio codec that crashes, not Arexx and not Video Output driver.

Again I do not have audio or movie file that makes MPlayer crashes, I can't find the bug, I know it is the AAC audio codec.

Edited by LiveForIt on 2014/5/16 3:53:25
Edited by LiveForIt on 2014/5/16 3:53:59
(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@LiveForIt

The exact same video doesn't crash with the X1000. I think AltiVec on the G4 is slightly different that the one on the PA6T.

The video I'm watching is crashing at the exact same point each time on my G4 with AltiVec version and never with the X1000.

Weird.

Yes, let's wait for a most recent version and hope it solves the problem on G4 architecture.

--
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@K-L
Quote:

Varthall you mean? I doubt he is a Vandal ;)

I used to be that when I was a little boy, at least according to my parents :)

Varthall

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Varthall

He he, sorry about that Varthall, small hick up, anyway the vandals where not that bad they where they believed in Christianity, and they respected Pope Leo, so they did not burn ROME nor murder anyone, they just plundered for 14 days, like all good Christians at the time

Edited by LiveForIt on 2014/5/16 19:41:40
(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@LiveForIt

Some consideration (little eventual fix) about the p96_driver only

From changelog of the old 3.1

Quote:
Center windows when they open first time.

But this one doesn't seems work with the p96_pip driver while the window will be auto-centered correctly with all the other drivers

Also in p96 the title of the window are not set:

1) In video window we have this --> Mplayer (PIP) --> maybe you might add the full path of the video like the afxgroup version

2) As Workbench title we have this --> MPlayer --> Better use the same standard everywhere, so --> "MPlayer for AmigaOS4"

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@samo79

The different video outputs are written different ways, they need to be generalized, so if change one place its the same everywhere, now I have to make changes 3 places in etch of the video outputs.

For the record I have fixed the center window problem for p96_pip and made the code general by moving it to cgx_common.c

Some of the code has to be different in etch of video output driver as opening a window is not done the same way in p96_pip as done in cgx_wpa and comp.

Some of your enchantment request should maybe be added to bug tracker, I think my focus has to be on the real bugs.

Anyway I'm shore you remind me later

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
This release seems to have also general bug fixes? Will there be a release for non altivec amigas?

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
utri007 : as far as I know, a non Altivec version is in the archive (without cache support nonetheless) but works without any problem with compositing (for users with Radeon HD on their Sam440/460).

--
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@K-L

Quote:
(without cache support nonetheless)

Hemm... most check I should have enabled that.

@utri007

Quote:
Will there be a release for non altivec amigas?

There is a non altivec version included in the archive, but its uses ARGB not RGB, so it might not be as fast as it should be on Sam440/AmigaOne-XE/SE/Micro.

I talked about auto detecting the CPU to set right BitMap format, but maybe there are better ways, if I can find the name of graphic card, I can maybe setup some table or some thing to handle it.

Only problem there are many graphic cards out there, and some systems have two graphic cards installed, this has to be done correct. it might be long way to success or it might short one, but trouble is always expected.

MUI-MPLAYER might be better for this computers, or try Jourgs beta version he is putting his hart into optimizing some stuff for slower computers.

Edited by LiveForIt on 2014/5/18 21:58:27
(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@utri007

Hmmm I can make it option that's maybe the easiest fix.

aka..

mplayer -vo comp::argb film.avi
mplayer -vo comp::rgb film.avi

Anyway if you have a older AmigaONE-XE/SE/Mini/Sam440, you might find that comp and cgx_wpa is not so interesting when you have p96_pip.

So its not like LiveForIt mplayer is only for X1000/Sam460, but as it is now, its in some way a cut down version of the old mplayer at lest when comes to the menu.

On the other hand if you need the Arexx improvements I have done, then maybe you should be interested in the next one (where some bugs has been fixed).

its maybe not too long until I add the menu back to mplayer.

https://code.google.com/p/mplayer-amigaos/source/list

R57 to R62 are new stuff / fixes that will come in the next version.

Edited by LiveForIt on 2014/5/18 22:08:41
Edited by LiveForIt on 2014/5/18 22:09:51
Edited by LiveForIt on 2014/5/18 22:11:39
Edited by LiveForIt on 2014/5/18 22:51:22
Edited by LiveForIt on 2014/5/18 22:55:43
Edited by LiveForIt on 2014/5/18 22:59:29
Edited by LiveForIt on 2014/5/19 4:29:01
(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur