Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
101 user(s) are online (59 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 100

imagodespira, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2) 3 4 »
Re: Call for tests: soon dopus5.9
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@kas1e

I've sent a small contribution to the development via PayPal.
Looking forward to final 5.9 release!

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@AmiKit
Thanks, got it. dopus5.org cost me 30$ per month, so donations welcome to cover server/hosting fees.

Through most of code work done not by me, but for those 1.5 years: Itix, Rigo, BSzili, Xenic and Mason with his artwork. I only do more or less easy parts + organazing + server + all other boring parts. When it come to heavy fixing of real bugs, other ppls do it , and i am only help with tests/ideas/etc. Not that i want to say i do nothing by code, but its not like i do everything either :) Also other ppls helps with their ideas (like Thore for example).

As for changelog: yes , 5.9 will have and svn changelog, and human-general changelog. If you want to see it right now, then: https://sourceforge.net/p/dopus5allamigas/code/HEAD/tree/ (and there press "History" button for older commits).

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@utri007
Quote:
Sorry my ignorance, but is it possible to use directory opus as a filemanager, not a wb replacent? I mean it would open in one window?

As Severin pointed out you can run Dopus5 on it's own screen. You can also set it to open with 2 windows locked in place with buttons below so that it has the appearance of a single window file manager like Dopus4.

Amiga X1000 with 2GB memory & OS 4.1FE + Radeon HD 5450

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
One thing that has changed for the worse is the speed reading or updating drawers. eg. if I have a lister open and delete some files in it with an external program when I next licked on the lister it used to update within 1/4 of a second at most usually much faster. now it takes much longer.

To test I:

Opened a lister with around 2,600 files
Opened a shell and moved one file to desktop:
Clicked in the lister
It took 18 seconds to update.

Tested by opening a lister with 1000 files, it took almost 10 seconds to scan the drawer.
Then rebooted and opened the drawer with 2,600 files, it took 22 seconds to load

This is unusable, I will be reverting from 04-05-14 to the 02-05-14 version which doesn't have the problem.

Amiga user since 1985
AOS4, A-EON, IBrowse & Alinea Betatester

Ps. I hate the new amigans website. <shudder>
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@severin
2 days or 2 months differences between buggy/nonbuggy ?

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@kas1e
2 days

Edit: Now using 2nd of May 2014 nightly and the speed is back to normal.

Edited by Severin on 2014/5/7 22:17:28
Amiga user since 1985

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Severin
I can't seem to reproduce the problem. I use the listers in text mode. When I open the AISS TBImages drawer which contains 5000+ files, it takes a second or less to scan the directory and display the files. Are you using the listers in text mode? Could you try loading the TBImages drawer in a lister and give me a time?

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@xenic
hmmm... Could be a recent OS4 beta change I suppose... I've got to head for bed now, it's nearly 3 a.m. here.
Tomorrow I'll grab the latest build and try it again. I'll recreate TBimages (I use an lha and xadfilesystem) to test and also a drawer with a similar number of large files to see if filesize makes any difference.

Amiga user since 1985

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Severin

Found problem:

Currently in our debug builds enabled bunch of debug which throws on serial (even if you not have serial, data still sends and that take time). In our 64bit functions we currently have it, so , when we go to let's say tbimages: (for me it placed on sfs2, and contain 5390 files), then it just take not one second, but 40 : because for every file our 64bit functions called, which contain debugprinfs.

But that of course should happens for you and on builds from 2may, and for any other builds in last 3-4 weeks. Probably, you just mess it a bit when say it works for 2 days old builds, because you imho didn't do reboot (and when you just first time go to big directory, all prinfs happens, but when do it next time, all happens in 1 second because of cashing, and if you didn't do reboot, you may have false result like "it all fast on that build" ).

So, long story short: I just rebuild latest nightly without debug in our 64bit functions, and going to tbimages take 1-2 seconds after reboot (same as in dopus4 in other words).

I also rebuild it on nightly server manually now, so you can grab fresh version on dopus5.org and check it right now.

Of course, all of this mean, that in some other parts dopus5-debug can be a little slower in some operations, that of course expected as debug enabled. Final ready-for-release build of course will have no debug enabled (Xenic already make our make system be aware of debug/release builds, so all will be fine).

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@kas1e

ok, I got the date of the version from the datestamp of the download, the contents are the 1st or May not the 2nd.

If there is plenty of room available on the server maybe it would be a good idea to add a datestamp to the filename and keep older versions available. At least that way users could track down the day a problem started without haveing to download, rename and store every daily build just in case there's a problem.

I always cold reboot between tests. I've been beta testing my own code for 25 years. OS4 for 10 years etc. I think I know what I'm doing...

Grabbing latest build to try...

Amiga user since 1985

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Severin
I have many versions of dopus5 sources on my hard-disk and tested the wrong revision. You are right about the slow-down. We'll take a look at the problem.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Xenic
Are you tried latest version from dopus5.org for now ? (where i comment out debug prinfs) ? That one should fix speed problems (at least it do for me).

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@kas1e
Quote:
Are you tried latest version from dopus5.org for now ? (where i comment out debug prinfs) ? That one should fix speed problems (at least it do for me).

Yes. I tried it today. As is often the case, we are a little out of sync because of time zone differences. I also just responded in our developer discussion at the repository.

As i've mentioned before, I reported the debug output issues created by the October 2013 release of kernal v53.58. I reported the problem at the Hyperion Forums back in October 2013 but the problem remains.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@kas1e

Where can i find a german catalog?
How can i use DOpus only at my WB screen?
I don^t want to open a second window

Amiga600/Vampire2/PrismaMegaMix​/32GB CF Card/2x Rys Mk2/A604n/IndivisionECS/Gotek
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@tommysammy
Quote:

Where can i find a german catalog?

We don't include any catalogs with that version, but probably there is some fly on aminet or somewhere else from 5.82 release, which will works.

Quote:

How can i use DOpus only at my WB screen?

Environment/Display/USE Wb Screen or something. But you need read docs later as Dopus5 is heavy big piece of software with gazilion of options, you can setup it as you wish just you need read docs (those big-fat pdfs in Documents folder).

Quote:

I don^t want to open a second window

Don't open then :)

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@kas1e
Ok DOpus runs now at my WB screen.
There are two problems for me.
AmiDock doesn`t appears and do you know as Betatester of AmigaOS
about the new icons?
I have a mix of big and small icons,.
How can i set my icons to 64x64 as default like in Prefs/Workbench?

Amiga600/Vampire2/PrismaMegaMix​/32GB CF Card/2x Rys Mk2/A604n/IndivisionECS/Gotek
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@tommy
Quote:

AmiDock doesn`t appears

Probably some settings in amidock, as i have 2 docks on my screen (at bottom as launcher-panel and at top as tray-bar-kind panel), and both visibly. All i do for that its run dopus5, and then choice "use wb screen": all refreshes and i have all on one screen (include 2 amidocks).

Probably you have settings as George before : for him docks disappear because they was configured to be always at the background and so DOpus opened over it.

Quote:

and do you know as Betatester of AmigaOS
about the new icons?
I have a mix of big and small icons,.
How can i set my icons to 64x64 as default like in Prefs/Workbench?

Currently you can't. I have added ticket for feature request some time ago to add internal icon scalling to dopus5:
https://sourceforge.net/p/dopus5allamigas/featurerequests/1/

But currently there none. Probably that one will be added only after there will be problems in public with. But that to be seen. Maybe we can just reuse for aos4 build the same code which wb-use , or something.

That "internal icon" scalling need some carefull planning so it will fits into dopus5 fine and will looks logical, etc.

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@kas1e

Oh yes Amidock was in the background
Thanks now it works well.
Only scaling the icons and it runs perfect.
I am searching now for german manual and catalog.
Maybe they need some fixes , i can do it myself and upload it to Os4depot

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@tommy
Quote:

I am searching now for german manual and catalog.
Maybe they need some fixes , i can do it myself and upload it to Os4depot

Catalogs better to send us, so we will later include them to the distrib (to avoid spamming os4depot with translations files).

In next release we will add catalog compilations and stuff, and will provide CD files and so on as usual.

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@kas1e
First i will have a look at the latest german catalog and how good it works with
Dopus 5.9. Is there something to fix i will do it and send it to you. Next week i get my payment and want donate something for you and your team. Where to donate?

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 (2) 3 4 »