Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
161 user(s) are online (119 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 161

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Amiga.com has a new look
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Quote:

Can someone tell me what is going on there?

In plain english please!

Go to top
Re: Amiga.com has a new look
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@magic

I think this is not very hard to understand. They redesigned their website with a new looks. The new design is much like the Indian design from the company that they bought.
I think they wanted to have the same looks on both websites, because they are one company now.
You need something consistent to get brand recognition from the peoples.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@magic

The main thing is the most obvious. something is close to happening. Otherwise why bother.

I noticed that Tao is listed. The only thing I find mysterious is the Eyetec reference, as I assumed this was over.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@GregS

Quote:

GregS wrote:
@magic

The main thing is the most obvious. something is close to happening.

No, something already happened: they made the deal with the city of Kent for the naming of the shopping centre. they have released the new website on time.

Quote:
I noticed that Tao is listed. The only thing I find mysterious is the Eyetec reference, as I assumed this was over.

I have seen that Tao is only listed for the past, because they used Tao technology for AA 1.5, but got rid of that for AA 2.0.

With the new development centre in India, I think they dont need Tao anymore. I think the relationship with them was over since a long time already!

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@magic

I quite like the new look. Displays nicely in IceWeasel.

Can't find the forums though ?

Hey Ray... Are the Forums going to be reinstated ?

Are we nearly there yet ?
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Helge

Quote:
With the new development centre in India, I think they dont need Tao anymore. I think the relationship with them was over since a long time already!

Tell me, which one of Amigadev India's products will replace the products that are licensed from Tao?

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@jahc

Quote:

jahc wrote:
@Helge

Quote:

Tell me, which one of Amigadev India's products will replace the products that are licensed from Tao?

I am not sure if it's going to be replaced by something that they already have.

On the website it says:

"Amiga Anywhere version 2.0 is a new version that has been developed by Amiga and its development team. This new version will allow for quicker deployment and scaling functions on more devices, and by summer 2007 will include support for Linux, and Symbian devices."

So maybe they started working on it in India after Amiga Inc had bought Ruksun.

If you want to know more about TAO and INTENT, then I think there is some interesting information about the development and history in this post by Bolton Peck. He has worked for them and helped with developing AmigaDE and AmigaAnywhere.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@magic

The web site looks better, and like that they at least try to promote Amiga OS 4,

They do not say a lot about there partners that?s a shame, I think.

There is no information about new hardware partners it?s a shame.

There no promotion of Amiga OS 4 software, hope they do some thing about that
(At least cover the most basics, like office programs, music and video and internet browsers)

They should also try selling Amiga OS 4 software from where website, like for example IBrowse and Audio Evolution.

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
and other tools and apps.
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@LiveForIt

Quote:

LiveForIt wrote:
@magic
The web site looks better, and like that they at least try to promote Amiga OS 4, .

The text is not changed much, but they have bumped it to a 2007 release. All the promotion is pointless at the moment without any OS4 on sale I think.

Quote:
They do not say a lot about there partners that?s a shame, I think.
There is no information about new hardware partners it?s a shame.

This is also what bothers me. They have not listed Hyperion or ACube anywhere...
With ACube I can understand, because they might be still negotiating everything, but with Hyperion it's sad that they are not considered partners anymore.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Imho this new version is better, but images sucks (blurry and unprofessional). Better than before.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@ikir

I think that the new site is an improvement. But the OS4 screenshots thing on the front page comes across as something pretty random. It would make sense if OS4 featured more on their website. As is, you have to search through their website for anything regarding OS4.

Hans

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Outcast
Quote:
I quite like the new look. Displays nicely in IceWeasel.

Can't find the forums though ?

Hey Ray... Are the Forums going to be reinstated ?

Maybe after what everyone has told me, the public forums may be considerd unprofessional? Just a thought.

Thanks for the input everyone.

Edited by magic on 2007/4/18 23:02:33
Go to top

Register To Post