Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
109 user(s) are online (65 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 108

Firetail, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2) 3 4 5 ... 13 »
Re: First native betas of dopus5, check this out !
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Severin
Yep, parent.module are real 68k hunk then, and yep, it will hangs now without ppc-glue stub of course. I create ppc-glue stub for it, but it didn't works as expected on os4-native files. I.e. module loads fine , i can see it in list of loaded modules in memory , and its do something with root/parent, but they just stop works normally, and didn't works as they should.

On os3 version of library/binary/modules that module works as should.

All that boredom with 68k modules are hardcore which still unfixed normally sadly. For example few 68k modules just refused to works on native version of anything (be it morphos native version, or os4 native version). We have long chats about all of this and with itix, and with Sba, and with another ones, and in end it forced to be that there can be situations when 68k modules will just not works at all on native builds.

That all in todo of course to make it as best as possible, but i somehow feel that with native the better use all native stuff, and if some old 68k module in use as necessary one, then make such functional in dopus5 itself.

But that parent.module will be good test for sure.

So, let's summarize what you found:

1). 68k modules didn't works without ppc-glue stabs (hangs on loading), and even with them some of 68k modules didn't works.

2). deal with versions number in all place of dopus5.

3). add options in the Environment/Lister Options, for "open in new lister" behaviors, and there should be something like:
1). keep old one as dest (as it now)
2). keep old one as source (another way around)

4). can you explain more about "One annoying thing to add to the todo list, when you only have 2 listers open and one is srce the other off, instead of popping up the select destination window, automatically set the off window to dest." ? I.e. where you think that option should be, and how should it be designed/called/etc.

5). make xadopus be used as default for .lha/.lzx in release version.

6). XADExtract crashes : i able to reproduce unpacking crash, its was all about progress_hook, so check plz fixed version: http://kas1e.mikendezign.com/misc/dopus5/betas/xadopus.module

7). filetypes set to run files via workbench didn't works.

That all right ? Can you a bit explain about 4, and so i can make that all as bug-reports/todos.

Edited by kas1e on 2013/9/19 7:43:42
Edited by kas1e on 2013/9/19 7:51:36
Edited by kas1e on 2013/9/19 7:57:24
Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@all
Also i see in default ftp addressbook there is a lot of non working anymore aminet links. Currently i think about delete them all, and keep just one : aminet.net.

Is there any other amiga ftps which worth of adding in 2013 to default settings ?

At moment found only those:

ftp://aminet.net
ftp://ftp.amigascne.org/pub/amiga/
ftp://ftp.back2roots.org/pub/
ftp://www.nic.funet.fi/pub/amiga/
ftp://grandis.nu/

Edited by kas1e on 2013/9/19 9:03:27
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@all
New version of beta on the same place:
http://dopus5.org

What done:
1). filetype.module fixed
2). xadopus.module fixed
3). all new settings in ftp buttons bank to have correct working sites and stuff
4). lha and lzx filetypes comes by default and use xadopen when you dbl-click on them
5). all storage filetype files in necessary dir now, so when you dbl-click on some unknown filetype, and if it in the storage filetypes, then it will bring you ready to use filetype which you can later change easy.

Edited by kas1e on 2013/10/11 10:06:34
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Quote:

kas1e wrote:
@Severin

3). add options in the Environment/Lister Options, for "open in new lister" behaviors, and there should be something like:
1). keep old one as dest (as it now)
2). keep old one as source (another way around)

It's the other way round now, the new lister is set as source and the old lister is changed to dest.

Quote:

4). can you explain more about "One annoying thing to add to the todo list, when you only have 2 listers open and one is srce the other off, instead of popping up the select destination window, automatically set the off window to dest." ? I.e. where you think that option should be, and how should it be designed/called/etc.

When you try to move or copy something and there is no dest lister a window pops up showing all other listers and asking you to pick the one to use.
If there is only one other lister it's pointless to open that window, dopus should just use it as dest automatically.

Quote:

7). filetypes set to run files via workbench didn't works.

Filetypes and button banks.

Amiga user since 1985
AOS4, A-EON, IBrowse & Alinea Betatester

Ps. I hate the new amigans website. <shudder>
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Severin

Quote:

It's the other way round now, the new lister is set as source and the old lister is changed to dest.

That what i say imho ? I.e. 2 options in the new "open in new lister" option will be there:

1). name of option: "keep old one as dest" (as it now, and option should be there so user can choice old way or new one). I.e. old one will be as dest, and new one mean to be source. As it right now.

2). name of option: "keep old one as source" (another way around). I.e. what you ask to add: old one will keeps as source, and new one will set to dest.

Quote:

When you try to move or copy something and there is no dest lister a window pops up showing all other listers and asking you to pick the one to use.
If there is only one other lister it's pointless to open that window, dopus should just use it as dest automatically.

Ok, so it seems should be not as option, but just internal change which mean "if there is only 2 listers on screen, and none of them set to Dest, then when we choice something to copy in any of them, set another one as Dest automaticaly". That what you say ?

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Quote:

kas1e wrote:

Ok, so it seems should be not as option, but just internal change which mean "if there is only 2 listers on screen, and none of them set to Dest, then when we choice something to copy in any of them, set another one as Dest automaticaly". That what you say ?

Yes tht's correct.

I just tried the fixed XAD module by unpacking he dopus archive to ram: and it gave a dsi when it finished.

The stack trace is:

Stack trace:
[XADopus.c:1035] L_Module_Entry()+0x6f4 (section 1 @ 0x4974)
[XADopus.c:1034] L_Module_Entry()+0x6e4 (section 1 @ 0x4964)
[function_internal.c:194] function_internal_command()+0x52c (section 1 @ 0x66EF4)
[function_run.c:320] function_run()+0x3e4 (section 1 @ 0x63E2C)
[function_run.c:40] function_run_function()+0x94 (section 1 @ 0x64148)
[function_filetype.c:163] function_filetype()+0x330 (section 1 @ 0x6AAB0)
[function_launch.c:401] function_launch_codePPC()+0x218 (section 1 @ 0x61914)
native kernel module kernel+0x0005d0ec
symbol not available

clicking ignore DSI changed the progress window to show '1 of 0' and pop up a requester saying 'opening file failed'. clicking ok just increases the x of 0 value.

Can XADExtract command have a source and dest option added? At the moment I use unarc through a filetype popupmenu so I can extract an archive to desktop or ram: only a little problem when using the command via listers but would be a big one if you're trying to use it in the dopus shell where all dopus commands are available to use.

Amiga user since 1985

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Severin
Quote:

I just tried the fixed XAD module by unpacking he dopus archive to ram: and it gave a dsi when it finished.

Tried on latest beta-archive ? I just tried myself now, and seems works for me.. Maybe because i use just XADOpen. My command for dbl-click looks like this: Command XADOpen. How your one ?

Quote:

Can XADExtract command have a source and dest option added? At the moment I use unarc through a filetype popupmenu so I can extract an archive to desktop or ram: only a little problem when using the command via listers but would be a big one if you're trying to use it in the dopus shell where all dopus commands are available to use.

Will add to TODO. To be honest i even didn't use XADExtract command at all, just XADOpen.

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@kas1e

Yes I'm using the latest beta version.

I use drag'n'drop with 'Command XADExtract', Do All Files & Rescan Dest.

Amiga user since 1985

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Severin

Right, now can reproduce it too ! It start unpacking, and then stop on some moment and bring DSI and ignore DSI bring "opening file failed" and all the stuff as you have. Checking this out.

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
While you're at it, you might want to look at this one too:

Open a lister, click "devices". select "SYS", then "LIBS", and double-click on amigaguide.library. You should get a DSI in filetypes.c at line 771.

The crashlog as at http://codebench.co.uk/opus5_crash.txt.

It doesn't seem to matter which file I select, I always get the same DSI whenever a file is being interrogated.

I was going to try and fix this myself, and checked out the source, but couldn't work out how to even build the library. I gave up at this point and figured I'd just tell you about it instead :).

Simon

Comments made in any post are personal opinion, and are in no-way representative of any commercial entity unless specifically stated as such.
----
http://codebench.co.uk
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Rigo

It can be fault in the previous version, but i tested for now with latest one, and when i dbl-click on amigaguide.library, it just open a reqester with words "Ether arguments for "amigaguide.library". If i press "ok" i have a shell window "amigaguide.library : file is not executable"

Just in case, test plz with re-downloaded archive from the same place. I almost sure all will be fine (as crashlog point exactly on filetype.module).

Quote:

but couldn't work out how to even build the library. I gave up at this point and figured I'd just tell you about it instead :).

You just maybe download Trunk, while should download Branches/Branch_v1. Then just go to Library dir and type "make -f makefile.os4". The same for Program and Modules. If want to build all at once, then just in root dir "make os4".

ps. there can be some moments if you on the latest dos sdk, in that case you need to change in wb.c those lines:

Quote:

PATCH(-12 * LIB_VECTSIZE, offsetof(struct DOSIFace, DeleteFile), L_PatchedDeleteFile, WB_PATCH_DOSFUNC),
PATCH(-66 * LIB_VECTSIZE, offsetof(struct DOSIFace, SetFileDate), L_PatchedSetFileDate, WB_PATCH_DOSFUNC),

on that ones:

Quote:

PATCH(-12 * LIB_VECTSIZE, offsetof(struct DOSIFace, Delete), L_PatchedDeleteFile, WB_PATCH_DOSFUNC),
PATCH(-66 * LIB_VECTSIZE, offsetof(struct DOSIFace, SetDate), L_PatchedSetFileDate, WB_PATCH_DOSFUNC),

(dunno how to deal with it to be able to build and on public and on latest dos sdk).

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
The version I'm testing, and which shows the error above, was only downloaded a few hours ago. Have you uploaded an update since then?

Simon

Comments made in any post are personal opinion, and are in no-way representative of any commercial entity unless specifically stated as such.
----
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Rigo
Nope, it latest one then. By latest i mean updated 2 or 3 hours ago.

Dunno what to say .. You for sure much more better person to fix it :) At least for me on peg2 all works fine, for xenic on x1000 it works fine too, and i assume for Severing with whatever he have too.. Maybe something sam specific ? Maybe too small stack somewhere .. You for sure need to build it on your machine. It can be something about freshly added "internal elf loading".

But just in case, redownload it plz. Maybe it was old one if you dl it more than 2 hours ago.

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
Well, just checking the stamp, the beta archive was downloaded 1 3/4 hours ago. I have downloaded it again, and I'll try that.

In the meantime I'll try checking out the complete source and try that. You are right, I did only checkout "trunk".

Simon

----
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@kas1e

Sent you an email with a single filetype for XAD that supports 7z, lha, lzx, rar, zip & xz. No point having 6 filetypes where 1 will do the same thing.

Amiga user since 1985

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Severin
Thanks ! Through minor moment: its all should works on os3/os4/mos/aros. I.e. default setup are 1 for all 4 oses, just binaries/library/modules changes. I do not know if xad on all platforms support all those files, so if put that filetype to default setup, then on some oses it can borks by default.

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@kas1e

Another bug:

Just tried FTP, I have it set to save the path when you close the lister and I got an 'Error! saving file! Dos Error 205: object not found' requester.

Ran it again and no requester, weird...

Amiga user since 1985

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Severin
Quote:

Just tried FTP, I have it set to save the path when you close the lister and I got an 'Error! saving file! Dos Error 205: object not found' requester.

Yes, already found that one few hours ago, there is already ticket about:
https://sourceforge.net/p/dopus5allamigas/tickets/10/

You in general can check whole list:
https://sourceforge.net/p/dopus5allamigas/tickets/

To avoid dupes

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Quote:

kas1e wrote:
@Severin
Thanks ! Through minor moment: its all should works on os3/os4/mos/aros. I.e. default setup are 1 for all 4 oses, just binaries/library/modules changes. I do not know if xad on all platforms support all those files, so if put that filetype to default setup, then on some oses it can borks by default.

If it doesn't work on one of the platforms it will just pop up a missing resource requester and the user can create a custom one for that archive type with a priority of 6 or more.

Amiga user since 1985

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Severin
Quote:

If it doesn't work on one of the platforms it will just pop up a missing resource requester and the user can create a custom one for that archive type with a priority of 6 or more.

Ok, then we can use it.

Quote:

I have it set to save the path when you close the lister

Can you point out how exactly to reproduce it, it seems while bug the same, happens in different condition (more to put to the ticket the better).

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 (2) 3 4 5 ... 13 »