Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
66 user(s) are online (41 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 66

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Stop using AmiSystemRestore (until a fix is released)
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
I've had reported to me a nasty bug in AmiSystemRestore, which could potentially cause it to wipe everything in a folder or even a whole partition. As such, I must advise people to stop using AmiSystemRestore (remove it from your WbStartup), until I can release a fix. If it has already affected you, then I can only apologise.

The bug is very likely to happen if you have RunInUAE installed on your Sys: partition, and you have run more than one ADF games with it. In that case AmiSystemRestore is very likely to delete everything in the folder containing your ADF games. If your ADF games are in the root of your partition, then the whole partition would be wiped.

This bug is due to unexpected/unintended behaviour when a soft link on the Sys: partition points to a folder.

Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top
Re: Stop using AmiSystemRestore (until a fix is released)
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Cheers for the heads up. Is a fix imminent?

AmigaOne X1000.
Radeon RX550

http://www.tinylife.org.uk/
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@ddni
I believe I have fixed it, but I am waiting for the original reporter to confirm it fixes their problem (although if he takes too long I'll release the fix anyway).

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
A fix (beta7) has now been uploaded to OS4Depot & Aminet. I hope to make a news item when the new version is available for download, although other things may delay that a bit.

P.S. Most of the delay in releasing this fix was down to me (i.e. NOT the original bug reporter).

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Excellent thanks a lot Chris

Go to top

Register To Post