Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
164 user(s) are online (114 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 2
Guests: 162

balaton, Raziel, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2)
Re: Sneak Preview Of SketchBlock 2.0 Screen Shot
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
true quality app for our favourite OS so keep rockin Andy

@ sicky

tablets for Sketchblock
I'm using a Wacom Bamboo Connect with SketchBlock just fine.

mancave-ramblings

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@328gts

awesome. i just bought a wacom bamboo splash tablet. can't wait for it to get here.

-- eliyahu

"Physical reality is consistent with universal laws. When the laws do not operate, there is no reality. All of this is unreal."
Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@broadblues

Quote:

Quote:

Is it possible to make all gadgets and fonts smaller?

Reaction doesn't really have, per application settings for these things

On the other hand, nothing forces you to use the default (= screen) font. Look at Steven Solie's Ranger, which makes the GUI font configurable.

The Rear Window blog

AmigaOne X5000 @ 2GHz / 4GB RAM / Radeon RX 560 / ESI Juli@ / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
SAM440ep-flex @ 667MHz / 1GB RAM / Radeon 9250 / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information

Hi, I have one of these which I hope will work with Sketchblock. Can anyone confirm this?

Trust-Screen-Design-Tablet-TB-7300

I am unable to test it as my X1000 is boxed until some house renovations are complete.

Thanks.

AmigaOne X1000.
Radeon RX550

http://www.tinylife.org.uk/
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Donated. First class product :)

Peg2 1GHz G4, 1Gb mem, Radeon 9250
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Mlehto
Thankyou

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@ddni

Most likely, that will work with the UCLogic Driver. If you have it already there is no loss to try it.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Look fantastic.
Donation sent for Sketchblock (and for your help on forums).

Do you plan to make a HowTo for Dummies ?
Because, I try to use Sketchblock like a Paint program (I'm not a graphist),
I can resize, rotate, use layer... but I have many questions.

1) I don't find how to select an area of a picture/layer.
2) what is the aim of the bottom palette (where we can draw)
3) is more export format planned ?

Nevertheless, it's a really nice program, bravo !

PS ; I have tried a lot of options, and Wedges/Curves failed with
SketchPath:Rexx/Wedges/wedges_curves.py: file not executable.

Guillaume

Edited by zzd10h on 2013/3/29 12:44:35
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Great, have made a quick test. Changing a default working area works now (it didn't earlier). I tried to change a codeset (inside two prefs scripts) to 8859-2 but SB crashes...I hope to have more time this weekend :)

BTW. I have created a custom screen with smaller fonts, turned off Palette/Colour Mixing window and it fits my needs better, now ;)

CD32/A500/A600/A600+Furia/A1200/A4000D+A2320+PiccoloSD64/Sam440 flex 800MHz RAM 1GB HD7750 128MB OS4.1 SBLive! ->
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Downloaded 2.1 and program is evolved nicely :)

Dont know, if it is inside philosophy of sketching program, but I somehow miss magic wand/box/circle and picking that for current brush.

Maybe allso ability to save that brush. That is maybe more image processing area (?)

Have to use some time to test program, seems that I dont fully understand, how to use it.

Anyway there is radiobutton group hide brush, outline, solid and I cant get any difference with outline. Does this need graphics tablet or active by mouse allso ?

Found one oddity. If tooltype screen is active, there have to be some conflict with prefs/gui. I had tooltype PUBSCREEN=SketchBlock in main program and from prefs/gui allso sketchblok sceenprefs made allso -> system meltdown.

Not big problem anyway, I just switch tooltype off and it works.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@zzd10h

Quote:

Look fantastic.
Donation sent for Sketchblock (and for your help on forums).

Thanks!

Quote:

Do you plan to make a HowTo for Dummies ?

I wouldn't want to insult you by calling you a dummie I have thought of writeing a FAQ, but haven't had time yet.

Quote:

1) I don't find how to select an area of a picture/layer.

True slection masks aren't implmented yet. You can copy a block of one layer to a new later (see wedges menu) which can be used in a similar way.
Quote:

2) what is the aim of the bottom palette (where we can draw)

The idea of this is that you can use it to store / mix colours in a little like a palette, and pick dfrom it using ctrl key when in paint tool.
Quote:

3) is more export format planned ?

Not at the moment. What format did you need?
Quote:

Nevertheless, it's a really nice program, bravo !

Thanks again!
Quote:

PS ; I have tried a lot of options, and Wedges/Curves failed with
SketchPath:Rexx/Wedges/wedges_curves.py: file not executable.

Somehow that file got it protection bits reset, not sure how haven;t edited for ages.

DO
Protect SketchPath:Rexx/Wedges/wedges_curves.py +s

to fix that.

Sketchblock needs to be running at the time for the sketchpath: assign to be valid.

Guillaume

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Quote:

Great, have made a quick test. Changing a default working area works now (it didn't earlier). I tried to change a codeset (inside two prefs scripts) to 8859-2 but SB crashes...I hope to have more time this weekend :)

That codeset refers only to the xml encoding. It shouldn't cause sketchblock to crash, but by changing it you st have invalidated the prefs file.

Quote:

BTW. I have created a custom screen with smaller fonts, turned off Palette/Colour Mixing window and it fits my needs better, now ;)

Great!

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Mlehto
Quote:

Downloaded 2.1 and program is evolved nicely :)

Cool thanks.
Quote:

Dont know, if it is inside philosophy of sketching program, but I somehow miss magic wand/box/circle and picking that for current brush.

Selection mask are on the todo list once done, selection to brush is not imposible.

Quote:

Have to use some time to test program, seems that I dont fully understand, how to use it.

I'll try to answer any questions.

Quote:

Anyway there is radiobutton group hide brush, outline, solid and I cant get any difference with outline. Does this need graphics tablet or active by mouse allso ?

This affects how the brush displays in the sketchwindow. If 'solid' is chsoen you see the current brush at the current size dsiplayed in the FG coour along with the pint mouse pointer. If 'outline' then just an outline dispays
Quote:

Found one oddity. If tooltype screen is active, there have to be some conflict with prefs/gui. I had tooltype PUBSCREEN=SketchBlock in main program and from prefs/gui allso sketchblok sceenprefs made allso -> system meltdown.

What do you mean by system meltdown? I can't remeber which order sketchblock chacks the tooltyle . presf in but Ithink the prefs overide the tool type. I should remove the tooltype really as it was an early idea replaced by the prefs file.

Quote:

Not big problem anyway, I just switch tooltype off and it works.

I'll investigate but I don't think I had any problems here, with both set.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Thank for reply

1) area selection works, great !

2) no succeed to use palette, no colouring difference with paint tool.
Will retry later if I need it, the normal (or advanced) color selection is largely enough for me.

3) For export, I thought about PNG or JPEG format. Because for now, to use the picture on another program, I have to export in ILBM format and reopen it with WarpView to transform it in JPEG or PNG.
Just a suggestion, because it's not a big pain

PS : Protect works.

Now, with selection tip, I will be able to use it more seriously ;)

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Quote:

2) no succeed to use palette, no colouring difference with paint tool.
Will retry later if I need it, the normal (or advanced) color selection is largely enough for me.

When in paint tool press the CTRL key, you should asee the mouse turn to a dropper / pipette icon. Then just tap the mouse / tablet pen on the colour
you need. You can pick colours from your main picture that way too.

Quote:

3) For export, I thought about PNG or JPEG format. Because for now, to use the picture on another program, I have to export in ILBM format and reopen it with WarpView to transform it in JPEG or PNG.
Just a suggestion, because it's not a big pain

Did you install PIL (python imaging library) it add support for these formats.

It's on os4depot and has a simple install script.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@broadblues

Quote:

Selection mask are on the todo list once done, selection to brush is not imposible.

That is nice to hear! Maybe it is just way, how Im accustoned to work with Amigas pixel painting programs, but makes life easier.

Quote:

I'll try to answer any questions.

I think that sketchblock is mostly self expalanative, just bit different.

Quote:

This affects how the brush displays in the sketchwindow. If 'solid' is chsoen you see the current brush at the current size dsiplayed in the FG coour along with the pint mouse pointer. If 'outline' then just an outline dispays

Ok, I thought, that it uses brush outline to paint.

Quote:

What do you mean by system meltdown? I can't remeber which order sketchblock chacks the tooltyle . presf in but Ithink the prefs overide the tool type. I should remove the tooltype really as it was an early idea replaced by the prefs file.

When Sketchblock opens to own screen, screenmode is maybe 800x600 and rest content of screen goes over of monitor borders. Some graphics glithes appear allso. Now Im not sure, if system gets ctrl alt alt from usb-kbd or not. Anyway mousepointer dissappears.

Other graphics-related is, that when sketchblock opens, all works. But if I drag WB screen bit down, WB screen gets hit. Maybe 3/4 of WB screen is normal, but then WB screen starts again from start. Picture is fine more or less. Just bottom area of WB screen is replaced with upper part of WB screen.

That dissappear, when I drag WB screen to up again.

Open screens was WB, MUI OWB and Sketchblock.

It may or may not bee, because my radeon 9250 can give 256 mb memory to OS. So memory is differently organised. Card is relativelly new and I think that it works.

That behaviour Im not seen before anyway.

Do I need to start ProAction before launching Sketchblock?

Overall, Sketchblock is program, wich make OS4 much more usable. Very good quality :)

Thank you.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Thank to you,
all works !

When I said "for dummy"... ;)

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Quote:

When Sketchblock opens to own screen, screenmode is maybe 800x600 and rest content of screen goes over of monitor borders. Some graphics glithes appear allso. Now Im not sure, if system gets ctrl alt alt from usb-kbd or not. Anyway mousepointer dissappears.

800x600 is a bit small for sketchblock, if you can I'd set the screen up for at least 1204 x 768 but I use 1280x1024

Quote:

Other graphics-related is, that when sketchblock opens, all works. But if I drag WB screen bit down, WB screen gets hit. Maybe 3/4 of WB screen is normal, but then WB screen starts again from start. Picture is fine more or less. Just bottom area of WB screen is replaced with upper part of WB screen.

You WB is at the same resoultion? Depth? I've neverseen this although I see the workbench scaled I don't see any repetition when dragging the screen.

Quote:

It may or may not bee, because my radeon 9250 can give 256 mb memory to OS. So memory is differently organised. Card is relativelly new and I think that it works.

Most 256 radeom 9250 only expose 128 to OS do you really see all 256?

Quote:

Do I need to start ProAction before launching Sketchblock?

No, well maybe the first time you run ProAction, SketchBlock starts it on demand, so long as you allow the AppDir: to function.

Quote:

Overall, Sketchblock is program, wich make OS4 much more usable. Very good quality :)

Cool thanks.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@broadblues

Quote:

When Sketchblock opens to its own screen, screenmode is maybe 800x600 and rest content of screen goes over of monitor borders. Some graphics glithes appear allso. Now Im not sure, if system gets ctrl alt alt from usb-kbd or not. Anyway mousepointer dissappears.

800x600 is a bit small for sketchblock, if you can I'd set the screen up for at least 1204 x 768 but I use 1280x1024

That is the strange point. My WB is 1440x900 as well as Sketchblock screen. Somehow Sketchblock screen gets messed.

Quote:

You WB is at the same resoultion? Depth? I've neverseen this although I see the workbench scaled I don't see any repetition when dragging the screen.

Both are 32 bit. And this doesnt happen every time.

It appears anyway after Sketchblock start.

When it happens, it is valid as long as Sketchblock is open.

Closing Sketchblock and WB is ok again.

Quote:

Most 256 radeom 9250 only expose 128 to OS do you really see all 256?

Yes, with that:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/310134402030? ... _trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649

It is with 128bit memory bus. Se best what one can get to Peg2.

When OS4 evolves, it might be, that 128 mb is not enought. So I bought it for that reason.

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 (2)