Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
105 user(s) are online (72 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 105

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Broadcast under OS4.1
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Hello folks!

Is there any software available to use in order to brodcast my own music on a SHOUTCAST server?

I naver made TuneNet to work although I have tried different servers ussing the MP3 encoder.

I always get the message Unable to connect.

I can stream in the same server ussing MacOSX, or Windows, so it is not a server problem.

Any ideas?

Edited by Morpheus on 2013/1/31 21:58:59
Go to top
Re: Broadcast under OS4/1
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information

Go to top
Re: Broadcast under OS4/1
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Similarly, I recently tried to stream from TuneNet to icecast2. Spent several hours on that without success.

Go to top
Re: Broadcast under OS4.1
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Quote:

Thanks! Have tried it through command line! But it seems it does not want to connect to my server ! Has anyone managed to make it work ussing Tunet? If yes please drop a line, I need some help!

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Make sure TuneNet isn't an old version. I haven't tried it in a long time, and don't remember much at all about it.

http://amigaworld.net/modules/newbb/v ... =540776&refresh=Go#538629

Edited by MickJT on 2013/2/5 7:23:09
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Thanks a lot to everyone who helped, before actually launching my own selocast server on the Amiga, I made a last test ussing tunenet and the server I was trying to ceonnect to, I just changed the port number to port number + 1 and it worked.

I read this on the first aw.net topic that kicko posted... Thanks mate. -hint: I was the same person who opened the second aw.net topic- plus I had the Selcocast author suggesting to use port number+1. So now my Samantha broadcasts ussing tunetnet from hard disk and usb stick, still on test mode but you can check: http://rockingplanet.blogspot.gr

Edited by Morpheus on 2013/2/5 12:24:49
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Quote:

-hint: I was the same person who opened the second aw.net topic- plus I had the selocast author suggesting to use port number+1. So now my Samantha broadcasts ussing tunetnet from hard disk and usb stick, still on test mode but you can check: http://rockingplanet.blogspot.gr

I'm confused. Are you Morphix? Are you referring to this post: http://www.amigaworld.net/modules/new ... =540776&refresh=Go#538629 ?

Bean is the author of TuneNet, not SelcoCast (fwiw, Selco not Selo just so you remember the name in the future).

The website for SelcoCast is down. The link I gave you was to the Wayback Machine's cached version. Perhaps it should be uploaded to OS4Depot and Aminet.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
YES I am Morphix! And also I have emailed the author of Selcocast -before re checking this toopic- and he replied with this "port+1" advice! Plus: Typos corrected on my previous post, yyes this is called SelcoCast! Thanks mate!

Edited by Morpheus on 2013/2/5 13:40:08
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Morpheus

Your radiostation works good here. Just downloaded the .pls file (shoutcast) and opened in AmigaAmp3.5. I listen to electronic music most these days so it was nice to get back to the roots a bit :)

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
I've noticed the website for SelcoCast is still up at http://www.wzckz7q02.homepage.t-online.de/

The selco.da.ru URL was a redirect that no longer works.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Thanks! Is there a way to have TuneNet to repeat my playlist forever? I think it repeats it one time only and then it stops, but I am not sure I got to double check!

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
See the TN menu, it has three options for this (no r, single, playlist). Possibly it stops after 672 times.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Well I did some more testing, tunenet works generally good -not perfect- on my sam. However it would stop very often without any reason. Also playing music from a usb stick sometimes would make the system crash, it is a small 440ep I know but I still got high hopes on her.

The strangest part of all is that on my amigaone xe g3, the system would freeze right after the broadcast selection. I still can not understand why this is happening. Both ladies got the 4.1.6 update.

I wonder is there any other player with broadcast facilities on 4.1?

Go to top

Register To Post