Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
70 user(s) are online (36 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 70

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

AmigaOS 4 next sdk release?
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
There will be an updated SDK release prior to AOS 4.2?

Go to top
Re: AmigaOS 4 next sdk release?
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
Is there something you need right now to complete some project? If so, just email me and I may be able to help.

ExecSG Team Lead
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Thank you for the reply. E-mail sent.

Regards
AB

Retired
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Yes, #define values for WINDOW_PopUpGadget and WINDOW_JumpScreensMenu would be useful...

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
If perl could be fixed that would be great. It's missing a thread library.

Also gnu patch and gnu find would be handy.

Lawrence

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Quote:

If perl could be fixed that would be great. It's missing a thread library.

Thread.pm ?

Quote:

Also gnu patch and gnu find would be handy.

patch is allready present.

All the above are contributions and not strictly part of the SDK.

Lawrence

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Quote:

broadblues wrote:
Thread.pm ?

No. pthreads.library or something. On a standard OS4.1 update 5 + SDK fully installed, the perl binary does not run. I had to download it from os4depot.

Quote:

patch is allready present.

All the above are contributions and not strictly part of the SDK.

Patch is not present, actually. I had to download it.

They may be "contributions" but then they are all in the same "SDK" download so it is impossible to know where contributions start. The SDK ships with diffutils so it is natural that it also ships with patch (or diffutils should be removed, one or the other).

I believe the SDK *used* ship with patch, as some people clearly got it with the SDK. But that wasn't the case for me when I downloaded it about a month ago.

Lawrence

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Quote:

No. pthreads.library or something. On a standard OS4.1 update 5 + SDK fully installed, the perl binary does not run. I had to download it from os4depot.

That (threads.library) was distributed in SDK 53.17 but seems not to be present in 53.20, I never spotted that as it is present in my main libs: drawer. It's actualy a broken port replace by the pthreads.library, but is still need by a couple of older apps (like perl).

In an ideal world I would rebuild perl with newlib and the latest pethreads but it's not going to happen soon as there are a few issues with using newlib for lowlevel language implmentation or at least those like perl that do redirection of console IO.

Quote:

Patch is not present, actually. I had to download it.

No your right it's not in a clean SDK 53.20 install.

Quote:

They may be "contributions" but then they are all in the same "SDK" download so it is impossible to know where contributions start. The SDK ships with diffutils so it is natural that it also ships with patch (or diffutils should be removed, one or the other).

the word 'contribution' before all the entries in the installer didn't give you a clue?

I agree patch should be present, but removing diff-utils as a fix seems a little odd

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Quote:

broadblues wrote:
In an ideal world I would rebuild perl with newlib and the latest pethreads but it's not going to happen soon as there are a few issues with using newlib for lowlevel language implmentation or at least those like perl that do redirection of console IO.

It would be nice if it wasn't a 5 year old version too, but I can see these porting efforts being a horrendous undertaking.

Quote:

the word 'contribution' before all the entries in the installer didn't give you a clue?

I agree patch should be present, but removing diff-utils as a fix seems a little odd

No, I just installed the lot as most people will do. gcc is as much a "contribution" to the SDK as patch, was my point. So what if gcc is a fundamental part, it's still not written "for the OS". Therefore the distinction of what's a contribution is arbitary. IMO.

Since diffutils generates diffs, which can then be applied with patch (or perhaps just read by a human for some reason or other).... yes, diffutils alone is kind of useless. IMO again.

Anyways, back to attempting to port libpurple.

Lawrence

Edited by Aslak3 on 2012/10/21 18:25:37
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@ssolie:

I did this but received no reply...

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Quote:
Minuous wrote:
@ssolie:

I did this but received no reply...
You should probably give Steven a couple of days to get back from AmiWest and get some sleep plus get through his mail box .

Best regards,

Niels

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
OK, I received a reply, it was completely unhelpful though with him just saying it was unimportant

Not very encouraging for those trying to add OS4-specific functionality to their software.

If I was running OS4 I could ascertain the values by trial and error, has anyone done this?

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
It looks like WINDOW_PopupGadget is (WINDOW_Dummy + 60) ($8502503C) and WINDOW_JumpScreensMenu is (WINDOW_Dummy + 63) ($8502503F). WMHI_JUMPSCREEN is probably (18L<<16) ($00120000).

Edited by Minuous on 2012/12/22 8:58:30
Edited by Minuous on 2012/12/22 10:39:27
Edited by Minuous on 2012/12/22 10:42:17
Go to top

Register To Post