Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
152 user(s) are online (106 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 152

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Where to find a good MED/MOD player?
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Is there a good or an alternative MED/MOD player for AmigaOS 4.x apart from DiamPlay?

Thanks.

To Be A True Adventurer, You Ought To Play Real Text Adventures
Go to top
Re: Where to find a good MED/MOD player?
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
if you are fine with a commandline player uade does the best job, it's a bit cpu intensive though.

there are plugins for tunenet as well.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
OctaMED SoundStudio works on OS4. You need to download "TheMaestrix" to get it to work. ftp://de4.aminet.net/util/libs/TheMaestrix.lha

Read the .guide on how to setup OctaMED SS to use it.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Thanx for the answers guyz. :)

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Hey man, your player or well, you make the translatation to your language.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Phantom
What is wrong with TuneNet? It plays nearly every music format, including MED & MOD.

Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Some days ago one of amiga users released on forum his mod collection. In my test is only near 10 from over 150 modules I can play on Tunenet or any other player using ptplay library or other. All this modules playing good on my PC using typical players. So AmigaOS4 support for MOD is very bad - it shame for amiga that it can't play that modules, mostly created on self but on older workbench version...

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
Quote:
Some days ago one of amiga users released on forum his mod collection. In my test is only near 10 from over 150 modules I can play on Tunenet or any other player using ptplay library or other. All this modules playing good on my PC using typical players.

ITYF that the PC players are using the exact same libraries as the TuneNet plugins and any other players on OS4. If you point us to exact modules that don't work, and perhaps say which player on the PC can handle them, if they really aren't working then chances are they can be made to work (by recompiling or writing new plugins or players)

Saying "some modules somebody released on some forum don't work" without providing specifics is not very helpful.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@mrdarek2

Don't know if it's the same mod collection you refer to but I downloaded one several months ago that was posted on amiga.org for testing with UADE. AFAIR the reason most mods didn't play was that they were for some reason packed with powerpacker. After unpacking the files with ppcrack they played perfectly fine in UADE and probably would have played fine with ptplay.library too.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@mrdarek
TuneNet needs plugins added to play many formats (download from OS4Depot). Do you have any installed? Which ones? (At the very least you need the TN_XMP plugin installed.)

And yes, a pointer to the problematic modules would also help.

Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@salass00, @Chris
Yes, I talked about this collection:
http://amigaworld.net/modules/newbb/v ... topic_id=34785&forum=2&27
@salass00
ppcrack - nice idea (thanks) - it creating decrunched file but this file still not play on tunenet
@ChrisH
I have ptplay and xmp plugins for tunenet. I installed this plugin just unpacking lha contents into plugin drawer in tunenet. Tunenet restarted. Still no success...

Please, create new plugin... listening on PC is not fun - only amiga is fun for me....

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@mrdarek2

I downloaded that archive and dragged all 198 files into TuneNet (something I later regretted). 195 of them were detected and playable by XMP. I'm not sure what is missing, except mod.AlienBreed (which has an ALIENBREEDV.2 header, I suspect there is a player out there for this but I don't have it)

Note the files aren't all Protracker. Out of the first ten, I can see Protracker, Screamtracker, Prorunner 2.0 (whatever that is), MED and XM. They all seem to be PowerPacked too, as already noted.

XMP will unpack them "on the fly" if you install xfdmaster.library and the OS4 interface files:
http://aminet.net/util/pack/xfdmaster.lha
http://aminet.net/util/pack/xfd_os4.lha
(NB: you need to add xfdmaster.library in Compatibility Prefs as it doesn't like JIT)

I'm using a v4 beta of the XMP TuneNet plugin so your results might vary.

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@chris

Quote:

Prorunner 2.0 (whatever that is)

ProRunner was used heavily in the demoscene days. It wasn't a standalone composer program (like Protracker) but, rather, a PT module packer and replayer. It was popular among demo coders because it was very fast, unlike the official Protracker replayer routine.

The Rear Window blog

AmigaOne X5000 @ 2GHz / 4GB RAM / Radeon RX 560 / ESI Juli@ / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
SAM440ep-flex @ 667MHz / 1GB RAM / Radeon 9250 / AmigaOS 4.1 Final Edition
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Quote:
ProRunner was used heavily in the demoscene days. It wasn't a standalone composer program (like Protracker) but, rather, a PT module packer and replayer. It was popular among demo coders because it was very fast, unlike the official Protracker replayer routine.

I was thinking some about introducing ProRunner 2.0 handling in Diamond Player, because it's similiar to ProTracker and there is documentation available. :)

To Phantom: What is missing in Diamond Player that you want it to have? Or did you encounter bugs? Is it missing any important feature? It already has pattern scrolling etc. and works fine even on A1200 PPC with AmigaOS 4.x (at least some of the earlier versions, because most recent v1.6 is focused on AmigaOS4.1 on my loaned Sam440ep). :)

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Chris
Thanks - Now mods playing!
Maybe I have some problems because direct unpacking "XMP plugin lha archive" into plugin drawer not placing tnplug-file in proper drawer. After fixing it Mods start playing.

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@mrdarek2

Cool. I think there's an installer script for it, isn't there? Can't remember tbh, but it's a case of copying one file (the .tnplug) into the plugins drawer. Same goes for all the other plugins (some have extra data files that are needed too).

I'll make sure I include an installer with v4 anyway.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Quote:

RNS-AMiGA-Club wrote:
To Phantom: What is missing in Diamond Player that you want it to have? Or did you encounter bugs? Is it missing any important feature? It already has pattern scrolling etc. and works fine even on A1200 PPC with AmigaOS 4.x (at least some of the earlier versions, because most recent v1.6 is focused on AmigaOS4.1 on my loaned Sam440ep). :)

Actually to tell you the truth, I reinstalled Diamond Player. It's simple and efficient MED/MOD player.

What is missing? I was thinking for a digital timer apart from the slide-bar, and also the possibility to select/deselect the 4 channels? Also, keyboard control would be nice (cursor keys to select modules, enter to play them etc.).

About bugs? None to be precise, but I encounter some Guru errors when tried to play some MOD files. But the problem might be in the corresponding MOD file and not in the player itself.

Thanks.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
You could add support for tunenet plugins to diamond player and make it a thousand times more useful. =)

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@SpotUP

The speed of those plugin's routines is important. Before I read TuneNet's plugin file format I'd like to ask whether they use low-level AHI routines? Or maybe those plugins depend on main player's replaying procedure?

Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
Quote:

RNS-AMiGA-Club wrote:
@SpotUP

The speed of those plugin's routines is important. Before I read TuneNet's plugin file format I'd like to ask whether they use low-level AHI routines? Or maybe those plugins depend on main player's replaying procedure?

The second one. They literally just feed data to the player, and are standard OS4 native libraries, so should be pretty easy to add support for.

Go to top

Register To Post