Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
93 user(s) are online (54 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 92

AMIGASYSTEM, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Cinnamon Writer Bugfix 0.801 available
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Dear All

I have just uploaded new version of Cinnamon Writer where the bugs reported have been fixed. You can download the newest version here or at OS4Depot.net when it becomes available.

If you experience bugs or have suggestions, please contact me at projects@desler.be or use the bug tracker found at my home page (Desler.be). Thank you for your help

Changes include:

- CW misread non-standard color codes for characters when loading a DocX file. Bug fixed

- CW would crash if loading a DocX file containing lines with no content. Bug fixed

- Extra feature: CW will now export cut or copied text as unformatted text to the clipboard to be pasted in other programs. Import from the clipboard does not work satisfactory yet and has not been enabled in this version

- Optimerization: CW have been optimized to run even faster. Im putting a lot of effort into getting CW to run smoothly on even low specced Amigas

What is Cinnamon Writer:

Cinnamon Writer is a compact and efficient word processor developed especially with Amiga and Amiga-like systems in mind. Cinnamon writer have all of the basic functionality expected of a modern word processor. This includes changeable layout style, support antialiased truetype fonts, infinite "intelligent" Undo/Redo history, user defined page setup and DOCX compatibility, allowing exchange of documents with all mayor modern word processors including Abiword, Word and OpenOffice.

Go to top
Re: Cinnamon Writer Bugfix 0.801 available
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@desler
Good !

There is bugreport:

bug#1: Its still easy to crash CW.
Try to just do "open txt" and choice Manual.pdf -> freeze of os. Or "open as DocX" and chouce Manual.pdf -> crash (and i can see in logs, that its bad access to the memory happens). Sure PDF is not what expected, but CW imho should check the bad situations and handle them as well.

For example, if you open DocX, then add checking of DocX file format, and if it not DocX, then spawn a window "sorry, you choice not DocX document".

As for "open as txt", there should be possibility to load anything, just show only characters which can be shown, and sown "." for the characters which can't be seen as ascii. (thats how for example works wordpad on win32, or office, or open office).

bug #2: Scroll bar jumps wrong
Also scrollbar still reacts wrong when you move it by the gadget at bottom. Its sometime just jump down without reassons (but i think it will auto fixed when you will use native gui)

bug #3: not tuned fade in/out for Save/Load windowses
To reproduce:
-- run cw
-- type anything
-- choice "save as docx"
-- press "save"

there is window with progress bar spawns, and when its done, you still can see the contur of that window on the main area.

Once you press "entrer" everything refreshes, and there is all fine.

bug #4: load of simple docx crash CW
To reproduce:
-- run CW
-- type anything you want
-- save as docx
-- after saving, just choice load as docx that freshly created file.
--> Crash in "xadunfile". Ignore dsi helps, but still.

Bug #5. Crash/auto-exit when Ctrl+c
To reproduce:
-- run CW
-- type some letters, press enter, type some letters , press enter: do it for 10 strings.
-- copy them all by mouse
-- press "ctrl+c"
--> text deletes. Pressing by mouse on the paper and CW auto exit with words
Quote:

terminate called after throwin an instance of 'std::out_of_range'
what(): vector:_M_ranger_check

Bug #6: keys Amiga+C (for copy) and Amiga+X (for cut) are spapped beeween.
I.e. Amiga+C are do cut, and Amiga+X are copy.

Bug #7: Export to PDF produce "empty" page
To reproduce:
-- run CW
-- type some mess
-- Export as PDF
-- try to open that PDF by dbl-click (so it will spawn AmiPdf) -> empty pages, or some strange letters.

Hope that helps.

Edited by kas1e on 2012/4/1 17:05:25
Edited by kas1e on 2012/4/1 17:08:32
Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Hi Kas1e

Thanks for your report:

Bug#1: It is correct that loading a document as DocX which indeed not is a DocX document will lead to a crash. This is due to using external commands to pack and unpack the DocX documents. I think you will find that it is these commands and not CW that crashes. Nevertheless it is bad behavior and I will fix it in the future. I will work to integrate packing and unpacking into CW directly as it causes to much pain.
If you do open a non-text file with the open Txt command. You WILL get the garbled file on screen like on notepad. If you have tried to open the Manual.PDF I have supplied with CW it is around 1.4 mbytes and I would guess that that corresponds loosely on 200-500 pages. A little much to load. Try a smaller file

Bug#2 / #3: The GUI of CW is getting an overhaul in the soon future. Therefore I have not concentrated to much on these issues you mention. They do not crash CW, they are just an inconvenience. Instead of fixing them I would rather use time to implement an Amiga native replacement instead.

Bug#4: This I cannot reproduce. Are you sure that you don't have the buggy Zip command in your C: folder? ) out of 10 errors I receive is actually because people are still using this dud version of the Zip command. As I wrote in #1 It will be fixed by moving all packing/ unpacking into CW, but it is still extremely irritating

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Quote:

Bug#1:
Nevertheless it is bad behavior and I will fix it in the future. I will work to integrate packing and unpacking into CW directly as it causes to much pain.

Thanks !

Quote:

You WILL get the garbled file on screen like on notepad. If you have tried to open the Manual.PDF I have supplied with CW it is around 1.4 mbytes and I would guess that that corresponds loosely on 200-500 pages. A little much to load. Try a smaller file

Yep, it should load garbage, but instead its just lockup os (and show that ram disk are 100% full, while i have 1gb of ram)

Quote:

Bug#4: This I cannot reproduce. Are you sure that you don't have the buggy Zip command in your C: folder? ) out of 10 errors I receive is actually because people are still using this dud version of the Zip command. As I wrote in #1 It will be fixed by moving all packing/ unpacking into CW, but it is still extremely irritating

Yep, i replaced zip on your, and no crashes on loading. But xadmaster for sure way to go (avail on all oses by default)

ps. check plz other reports, i update previous post

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Thanks for your soon update with the corrections.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Well about bugs, after some testing i can quote mostly the kas1e's post, plus i can say we need urgently a mouse wheel support

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
hi desler, thx for your work, i have to say it crashed a few times when i tried using cw 0.8, ill have to try ur update!

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@desler

Thanks a lot, will try asap

Remember that you got your own Cinammon Writer support forum.
it would be a shame if it dies just because everyone posts in OS4 software

People are dying.
Entire ecosystems are collapsing.
We are in the beginning of a mass extinction.
And all you can talk about is money and fairytales of eternal economic growth.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top

Register To Post