Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
185 user(s) are online (112 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 185

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

AmiWest news?
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Everyone here should have heard about the AmigaOS 4 netbook which was announced by Steven at the banquet. Was there any other news? Anything else that was interesting?

Hans

http://hdrlab.org.nz/ - Amiga OS 4 projects, programming articles and more.
https://keasigmadelta.com/ - more of my work
Go to top
Re: AmiWest news?
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
The biggest news was the netbook. Was talk about os4 and what to do in the future. About fixing 2gig ram limit,the new 3d system.Think these things have been mentioned before.
Trevor talked about that it looks that they're allready are planning a new computer after the x1000. Which is good. All that comes to mind right now.

X5000
Go to top
Anonymous

With OS 4.1u4/5 and OS 4.2 developed, its very nice to have such bright future.

Hope next A-Eon/Varisys machine will be lower specs and cheapeer. We need affordable hardware, with best wishes to all X1000 future owners

Nettop is e300 (max 800Mhz) and unknown PowerVR chip and WiFi, not bad at all. SSD based seems a bit expensive, but hope they will pull it out. Since nettop is avail with Linux, hope it will have dual boot Linux /OS4

Alongside website, AmigaOS 4.x finally has bright future is walking fast towrads 5.0 - if they used 4.2 for 4.1.1., 4.3 for 4.1.2, 4.4 for 4.1.3, 4.5 for 5.1.4, 4.6 for 5.1.5 and 4.7 for OS 4.2 we would be close to 5.0. But Hyperion is fair in numbering, unlike Firefox, Chrome and some other products

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I would swear I heard Trevor say something about 3 contracts
with Varisys, and one of them was Xmos on a PCI card for
Sams and...............

I only heard it kinda sideways.

A1-X1000
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I wonder if anyone's ever suggested that they hire a stenographer to cover these events?

I'm semi-serious - I just missed Trevor's speech and now I'm going to have to wait for a week to get what was really said... And in the meantime subsist on a diet of rumour and speculation. Ah well...

Still, netbook! Excellent news.

Go to top

Register To Post