Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
63 user(s) are online (34 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 63

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Problems connecting a Sam440 to a Broadband Over Power network. . .
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Howdy everyone, thanks in advance for reading this and helping if you can :)

I've just bought a Broadband Over Powercables kit. I've put it in properly and it works fine via ethernet on my Ubuntu netbook (with wireless networking turned off so that the ethernet is the only connection to the internet).

When I try to use my Amiga it had none of it lol So I created a new connection and still had the same problems. I put the same data into the fields for "IP address" and "DNS" etc as I have done before (for the same router) but the amiga is still not happy. ha ha

Could anyone please confirm if they have such a network and if they are able to get their Amiga running through it. Then could you PLEEEEEAAAASSSEEE please tell me how you managed this extraordinary feat of computing genius :) ha ha

Thanking you in advance

CyBeR-Matt

CyBeR-Matt
Go to top
Re: Problems connecting a Sam440 to a Broadband Over Power network. . .
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Have you tried using DHCP?
I use Devlo adapters and they work fine.
All I have to do is connect one to the router and the other to my hub, which feeds several compyters including a Sam440ep.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@showman
HomePlug (the standardised version of networking-over-power) looks exactly like an ethernet cable to a computer, and so your Amiga SHOULD work perfectly fine with it.

If you have a problem, then I would suspect your Amiga's network settings are incompatible with your router (or your router is incompatible with your Amiga).

Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
I'd also try the dhcp way. Or else i have no idea.

X5000
Go to top

Register To Post