Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
89 user(s) are online (49 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 89

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

new DvPlayer release (v0.76)
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
In case anyone missed it, after a long period of development there is a new release of DvPlayer available:
http://dvplayer.amigarevolution.com/

Quote:
I'm happy to announce that after more than 3 years of development a new version of DvPlayer is finally available. This is a major release with many new features, changes and bug-fixes:

* Added support for DVD subtitles. Subtitles can be selected in the subtitle menu when playing DVDs.
* Added support for IFO files on DVDs to show audio and subtitle languages.
* Added support for MPEG audio files, including VBR (Variable BitRate) MPEG audio support.
* Added support for AIFF audio files.
* Added audio scope effect when playing audio-only files.
* Added support for YUV420 planar overlay format introduced in AmigaOS4.1.
* Added transparency (alpha channel) support for skins making it possible to have shaped windows and other transparency effects.
* Implemented a new type of AVI frame-skipping algorithm which achieves smoother playback on slower machines.
* Added a requester when dragging files into DvPlayer window to ask if the files should be appended to the end of the playlist or replace the current list.
* When current file finished playing and window is closed/reopened it is only activated if it was activated previously so that the focus is not taken away from the user who may be working in another window at that time.
* Now a requester informs if a suitable audio codec cannot be found and even gives an option to search for available codecs online.
* Fixed a bug which caused a DSI when volume slider was moved while no movie loaded.
* Fixed framerate and movie length determination in AVI files which were sometimes incorrect.
* Text in TextArea is no longer rendered without clearing the area behind it which was causing graphics corruptions with some skins
* Solved the issue that was causing some slowdowns and delays on Sam440 systems.
*Uses new 64-bit YUV rendering routines on systems where this leads to a performance improvement.
* When the about window was open the main window became unresponsive. Now main window events are serviced in this case also.
* Movie area in GUI is now only cleared during window refresh if the window's size changed. This keeps the current frame displayed when playback is paused and the window is deselected.
* Optimized MPEG Video stream detection code to allow for faster load times.
* Fixed a bug which caused the text area in the GUI not to be refreshed in non-overlay window mode.
* File requesters and other requesters were always opened on Workbench even if DvPlayer was started on another screen, now it opens on the same screen as the DvPlayer window.
* Doubled stack cookie which solves issues with playback of files with MJPEG codec when running from shell.
* Corrected overlay alignment issues.
* NOSKIP option now works with asf/wmv files too.
* Corrected time display and slider position handling with asf/wmv files.
* Changed alignment of video buffers for playback of AVI files which seems to fix the occasional decoding errors observed with some videos.
* Several other small bug-fixes and optimizations...

Author of the PortablE programming language.
Go to top
Re: new DvPlayer release (v0.76)
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
It's allready on the front page as news item.

X5000
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
I haven't had a chance to heavily test it yet, but the DVD subtitle support looks great! I will hopefully now be able to use my Sam440 for DVD playback

It also looks like I can stop using MPlayer for AVI playback, as a quick test shows that frameskipping on my slow Sam440 no-longer causes horrible jerkiness (and DvPlayer has VSync so the resulting playback is much nicer).

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
hello,

on the registered package: dvdvcd.plugin 51.2

but exist, from afxgroup : dvdvcd.plugin 51.4

must we use 51.2, because on the registered package ?

A1200+Mediator+VooDoo3+060/50+96mo+IIYAMA 17"+CD,CDRW,ZIP SCSI-KIT
SAM440EP on Mapower 3000+AOS4.1

Amiga Docs Disk Preservation Project
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Mrodfr
The DVD plugins have not changed since the last release.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Quote:

Mrodfr wrote:
hello,

on the registered package: dvdvcd.plugin 51.2

but exist, from afxgroup : dvdvcd.plugin 51.4

must we use 51.2, because on the registered package ?

The plugin which comes with DvPlayer has not changed since the last release. The other one you mention is a third party plugin which can play encrypted DVDs. It is up to you which one you use.

Go to top

Register To Post