Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
176 user(s) are online (88 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 175

BillE, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

adtools tarball size
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Since CC1 always crashes when compiling large multifile programs on my SAM Flex 800 w/OS4.1u2, I decided to get sources from the adtools repository at SourceForge. When I saw that there was a tarball I started a download with IBrowse; hoping that the IB D/L manager would show the file size so I would know how much I'd be downloading. It didn't show any filesize so I just let the download continue and went out for the afternoon. When I returned, the IB D/L manager showed a negative number for "completed" and was counting in reverse. I checked the filesize with Dopus and it's about 2.5 GB. Does anyone know how big the addtools tarball is? How large of a file can SFS on OS4 handle? I hate to stop the D/L in case it's nearly done.

Go to top
Re: adtools tarball size
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
I will tell you now it is much much bigger than 2.5gig. I downloaded it once and it's absolutely huge, because it contains multiple revisions.

The best way to get what you're after is to use something like TortoiseSVN on Windows.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Since it sounds like I may hit some filesize limit, I might as well give up on the download. Maybe if I move to the trunk directory before D/L a tarball, it will just give me the tarball for the current code. Thanks for the info. The download is already been going for 5 hours so it looks hopeless for completion. I only recently switched to a high-speed cable connection because I was sick of taking hours to D/L huge files from OS4Depot. Now that I have a cable connection I've run into even larger files that are hopeless to D/L with a normal cable connection. Arggg.

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Yeah, i'd go into the directory you're after, then get the tarball from there. If you need more, go to the parent directory and download from there.. etc.

Of course you'd be doubling up a bit doing that.

My memory is a bit vague, but it definitely had double-digits, whether it was under or over 20 gig I don't remember. I didn't grab it as a .tar.gz, but from the SVN repository directly, so the filesizes I was measuring was uncompressed.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@MickJT
Yes. I got the trunk tarball pretty quick. It's only about 100MB and should be all that I really need. I decided to see if any files could be recovered from the incomplete 2.5GB tarball. OS4 "Unarc" just chokes on the file and freezes the system. I guess I'll just delete the file. The only good thing about this experience was seeing the IB D/L manager going negative and counting down when the file exceeded 2GB. I think OS4 Unarc needs some work. It should report an error if the archive is corrupt or too large to handle; not freeze the system.

Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
You could fix the unarc problem yourself. It uses xad to decompress the archives, and the sources for that are publically available (from sourceforge IIRC).

Simon

Comments made in any post are personal opinion, and are in no-way representative of any commercial entity unless specifically stated as such.
----
http://codebench.co.uk
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Rigo
I can't fix much of anything until I get CC1 to stop crashing. I stopped programming except for small utilities for my own use. I thought maybe I could compile gcc from the adtools repository but once I got past some configuration issues, CC1 started crashing. It seems hopeless at this point. Strange that the latest SDK which was supposed to correct some problems in programs compiled for SAM, won't do the compiling on my SAM Flex 800 without CC1 crashing.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Do you have U-Boot 1.3.1d ? In case, can you try reverting back to the 1.3.1c version ?
Have you installed Sam440ep_setup from OS4Depot ?

Max Tretene, ACube Systems Srl, Soft3
Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
Funny, I'm coding every day, sometimes for over 16 hours a day, yet I have never ever seen cc1 crash. I run with a 500,000 byte stack. Perhaps you should try the same, it might help.

Simon

Comments made in any post are personal opinion, and are in no-way representative of any commercial entity unless specifically stated as such.
----
http://codebench.co.uk
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Xenic
Dunno if it will helps at all, but you can also try to use it over "sh", i.e. newcli, sh, and then do all the stuff. "sh" by default will set all the correct stack size, and as it all have roots from unix, maybe it will resolve some problems which in end cause a crash for you.

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
As Rigo said try to increase the stack size... GCC needs a lot of stack..

i'm really tired...
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@m3x
I don't think it's a UBoot issue. I've had the CC1 crash problem from the first day I installed the latest SDK on my SAM Flex. I do have 1.3.1d installed but as I said, I've had the same problem with all the UBoot updates. I also haven't been able to get a SAM Flex 800 user to confirm the problem so it might just be my system. The old OS4 SDK works fine; no crashes.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@Rigo
I have a 500,000 stack too. I've tried ten times that amount and it has no effect. My µA1 is in the closet now but I installed the SDK on it and didn't have the CC1 crash problem on that system. The old OS4 SDK works fine on my SAM but the latest one crashes in CC1 when I try to compile multi-file sources. Usually the crash is unpredictable and doesn't occur in the same file every time. I thought I might be able to compile adtools myself so I could make a debug version of CC1. However, it won't compile with the old SDK because clib2 is missing some functions that are present in newlib ( i.e. tempnam() ). I might try a couple of other things before I give up.

Go to top

Register To Post