Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
121 user(s) are online (91 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 120

jarokuczi, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Soundcard drivers?
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Since there is no onboard sound on the sam460. I have started looking around for a soundcard for it. But there are no new cards supported. Only old cards,not being sold anymore. Can find maybe 2 new,but they are offcourse 5V pci.

So my question is,are there any plans to make drivers for any new soundcards? Like pci-e cards or new pci cards?

X5000
Go to top
Re: Soundcard drivers?
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
I currently use a PCI SB Live! 5.1 soundcard, which I find it very good (EMU10kx chip). Every card with this chip will work under AHI though.

To Be A True Adventurer, You Ought To Play Real Text Adventures
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
Yeah, but does that have 3.3 V PCI support? Not sure.
Edit: Seems it does. It has dual voltage notches. Antique, you might be able to find one of those second hand, they were very popular some years ago.

Anyway, you're right, Antique, it is not easy to find supported 3.3V sound cards any more. One possibility is the M-Audio Revolution 7.1:

http://www.edbpriser.dk/Product/Details.aspx?pid=519946

- but it's not exactly dirt cheap :-/. Good, though.

As for me, I happen to have an M-Audio Delta 1010LT lying around, which is going into my Sam460ex real soon .

Best regards,

Niels

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
I have found a terratec phase22 for sale. Just need to find out if it is 3.3v or not..........

Who's writing sound drivers for os4? Maybe set up a bounty for new cards? If he/they are interested?

X5000
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Quote:

Antique wrote:
I have found a terratec phase22 for sale. Just need to find out if it is 3.3v or not..........

Who's writing sound drivers for os4? Maybe set up a bounty for new cards? If he/they are interested?

Davy Wenztler is responsible for almost all of the audio drivers on os4depot. I think that he's kind of busy with non-Amiga stuff though. Still, it might be worth contacting him and finding out if he'd be interested if a bounty were set up for newer cards.

Hans

http://hdrlab.org.nz/ - Amiga OS 4 projects, programming articles and more.
https://keasigmadelta.com/ - more of my work
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Even if I would be willing, the non-Amiga projects take up all of my time currently and in the coming months that it is unlikely to happen.

The problem that one needs to care about PCI voltage these days is just silly of course, but I'm afraid that's how it is.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
That's ok!

Got a free sb live today, so now i have sound.

X5000
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
Quote:

Antique wrote:
That's ok!

Got a free sb live today, so now i have sound.

So it's time to change that signature of yours, eh?

To Be A True Adventurer, You Ought To Play Real Text Adventures
Go to top

Register To Post