Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
153 user(s) are online (83 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 153

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 2 3 (4)
Re: Game Coding for beginners?
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
@freddix

Well, as you talk about CodeBench, I'd just like to mention that the next public version will allow the addition of "Lextras". These are xml files containing a set of help definitions which can be added to the dictionary expanding it to give complete help on the target of the lextra. Basically this means that by creating a lextra of all of the AmiDark commands, and installing it, CodeBench's help system will automatically pick up the AmiDark Engine functions, and offer "help-as-you-type" overviews of the functions, and also full blown help pages.

I have started on creating it, but there are a lot of commands to add. It is currently based on the HTML help files from the AmiDark archive, but I would seriously suggest creating "AutoDoc" style help files for AmiDarks commands as they are so much easier to view (and are highlighted to ease the definition of sections).

I'm also planning on adding "Syntextras" which will expand the syntax definitions in the same way, and would also offer context highlighting for the AmiDark functions (or any other library etc).

More info about the dictionaries can be found here.

Just FYI :)

Simon

Comments made in any post are personal opinion, and are in no-way representative of any commercial entity unless specifically stated as such.
----
http://codebench.co.uk
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Rigo

CodeBench has really a nice GUI interface for a programmer.

Will there be a full version of this program apart from the free licences with the some limitations?

To Be A True Adventurer, You Ought To Play Real Text Adventures
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Rigo

While we alread in offtopic: When CodeBench can be purchased ? Why i ask, because free versions are 10 seconds pause for start, that is annoy so much, that can't be usable for fast work :( Of course it possible to crack it , and remove the counter, but i better will pay for full-version. Or maybe i can somehow grab from you full-current-version ?:)

Btw, i also ask you about "it is possible to run only editor of codebench" , maybe you can think about that feature as well ? It will be very cool to put on "F4" in dopus running of Editor of Codebench, which will runs in a micro-second , and you will have good, cool, code-editor (which are best for now, because of many little features , which other ones are lack).

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
@Phantom
@kas1e

Firstly, thank you for your support and your use of CodeBench.

Unfortunately, there is no "full" version available to buy right now, although progress is steady and most bugs are fixed now (according to the testers who have been quiet for weeks and weeks).

I appreciate that the limitations of the free-version can be annoying (that's why they were put there), but I figured there would be a full commercial product available by now.

Rest assured there will be a retail version in the near future (as opposed to the distant future).

@kas1e
The ability to be able to use the editor outside of CodeBench is impossible right now due to the integration, and seperating it would be far more work than creating a stand-alone editor based on the integrated one.
I'll have a look at enabling the "New File" button without a project loaded and see how possible that would be. This would allow you to edit files without having a project loaded.

To get back on topic: Feedback is appreciated, especially if it can help new programmers to get to grips with coding quicker, and hopefully CodeBench will ease their entry into the land of 0 and 1's :)

Simon

Comments made in any post are personal opinion, and are in no-way representative of any commercial entity unless specifically stated as such.
----
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Rigo:
Happy to hear that you're building "Lextras" system to CodeBENCH. It will be for sure a good feature to integrate the AmiDARK Engine :)
Maybe I will not need to build an IDE ;)

Concerning AutoDOC(s), which tool can I use to create AutoDocs ?

@Kas1e:
Quote:
While we alread in offtopic: When CodeBench can be purchased ? Why i ask, because free versions are 10 seconds pause for start, that is annoy so much, that can't be usable for fast work

I second your question ;) same here :p

Regards,
AmiDARK
http://www.amidark-engine.com

All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to us.
Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
@freddix

Well, because AmiDark Engine API is centric around C, it makes sense to be able to expand the help system to include third-party additions.

As far as AutoDocs goes, the autodoc source is usually embedded in the source files. Luckily, CodeBench can generate these for you, by placing the text cursor above the function you want to create an entry for, then using the right mouse button menus, select Insert/AutoDoc Entry from the popup menu. A skeleton will be inserted into the source code, and you are free to add the required information and function description.

Creating the actual doc is done by passing the names of all files containing the autodoc source to the "AutoDoc" program which can be found in the SDK:C directory.

Once you've done it once, it's easy, and the resulting files are easy to read, especially when the headers are highlighted for you, like this.

Simon

----
Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 2 3 (4)