Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
139 user(s) are online (75 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 138

AndreasM, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

(1) 2 »
Porting CLucene?
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I'd like to have Lucene:

http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki ... index.php?title=Main_Page

on AmigaOS. So, I wonder how much effort it is to port or if it's easily possible at all. Maybe some experienced AmigaOS coders/porters can have look and let me know

Thanks,
nexus

Go to top
Re: Porting CLucene?
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@nexus

I have already compiled it, there is a version of it floating around inside libQtHelp.so. I had to comment out a few conversion routines, so everything is not guaranteed to work, but it is enough to do searching in the qt assistant.

You should do your own port, though, that way you can catch the few blips, that I just lazily overlooked. It shouldn't be hard .

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@alfkil

I don't have any experience in porting software from unix to AmigaOS. However, I gave it a quick try yesterday and an obvious problem is, that the configure-script complains about not finding any pthreads library . However, there's a pthreads.library in libs: on AmigaOS4.

So, how can I tell "configure" how to find libraries on AmigaOS?

Is there any documentation available for porting Unix stuff to AmigaOS?

Actually, I don't have much time but as u said "it should be easy" and because it would be nice to have clucene on AmigaOS (imagine: clucene as search enginge for the upcoming Amiga Media Center), at least, I wanted to give it a quick try

Thanks,
nexus

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@nexus

I'll give it a go tomorrow.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@nexus

Quote:

nexus wrote:
@alfkil

I don't have any experience in porting software from unix to AmigaOS. However, I gave it a quick try yesterday and an obvious problem is, that the configure-script complains about not finding any pthreads library . However, there's a pthreads.library in libs: on AmigaOS4.

So, how can I tell "configure" how to find libraries on AmigaOS?

Is there any documentation available for porting Unix stuff to AmigaOS?

Try this: http://www.os4depot.net/share/document/manual/spots-pfd.lha

Valiant@Camelot
AmigaOne XE, 800Mhz, 1GB, 9250 Radeon, OS4.1u7
Sam440ep, 666Mhz, 512Mb, 9250 Radeon, OS4.1u6
A1-X1000, 1.8Ghz, 1GB, 9250 Radeon, OS4.1x
A1-X5000/40 2.2Ghz, 2GB, Radeon HD 7700, OS4.1 FE ud 2
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Valiant

The link is useful although it doesn't help with my "pthreads.library not found" thing. Maybe MickJT had more luck. In that case, I'd like to know what changes were made and why

Thanks,
nexus

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@nexus

Are you using OS4.1? pthreads.library comes with it. It's in libs:

Edit: It's compiling now, so far I had to fix up a file, clucene-config.h, which for some reason had the root directory contents inside of it along with all he headers it should have. Weird. During configuring it thought snprintf and swprintf had a bug, but config.log revealed the true issue, it just didn't compile the check program properly, so I commented those 2 defines.

0.9.21b btw.

Edited by MickJT on 2010/10/4 7:35:44
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@nexus

OK 0.9.21b has been ported. Now what? :-/

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@MickJT

the clucene-config.h file is used to easily include all necessary includes into your lucene-project.

Thanks for porting! Now it would be nice, if you upload the compiled library (and modified sources?) to os4depot.net, such that I can download it and play around with it (as soon as I find the time).

And yes, I use Amigaos4.1.2/Sam440ep and in Libs: the pthread.library can be found. Just the configure script didn't find it. So I wonder what you did, that it worked?

Thanks,
nexus

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@MickJT

oh, and to check if the library works, there's in clucene/src/demo a short test program. Does it work on amigaos?
This test program shows how easily you can implement something like a rudimentary desktop search.

nexus

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@nexus

clucene-config.h was corrupted with a directory listing of the partition my SDK is on. I cleaned it up and kept what was needed.

There's no modified source really. Straight ./configure and Make

cl_demo seems to work.

Edit: Uploaded to OS4Depot.

Edited by MickJT on 2010/10/4 9:27:27
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@MickJT

so, why couldn't i configure/make clucene? Hm.

Errors I got during configure were:

1) something with "awk" (but not problematic, I think)
2) 'configtest is a directory' and couldn't be removed therefore by 'rm' (also not problematic, I think)
3) pthreads.library couldn't be found (that's of course a problem)

I can post the exact error message from configure later this evening when I'm at home.

Anyway, thanks for porting clucene.

nexus

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@nexus

Its usually the first error that's most significant, obviously without the full error I can't be positive, but awk was probably looking for pthreads and whatever caused it to fail caused the pthreads error.

Mark

For custom designed applications, websites, ecommerce and secure hosting visit:

www.icestarmedia.com
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@nexus

1) awk probs happen all the time here. I don't think "nawk" which we have is 100% "gawk" compatible.

2) The "configtest.dir is a directory" problem happens when the configure script tries to remove it but can't. I think it's a problem in the SDK. You can use --disable-dependency-tracking as a parameter for the configure script to solve that.

If you see issues with removing the "conftest" file throughout configuring, generally it's OK to let the configure script continue, but you can type something in the shell to pause it, and then delete conftest yourself, then backspace in the shell to resume.

As for pthreads.library (are you sure it wasn't saying the library pthread not found? That refers to a missing libpthread.a in SDK:local/newlib/lib, and nothing to do with pthreads.library in libs:, although that libpthread.a does use pthreads.library, I think).

Your SDK might be old or corrupted.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@MickJT

Quote:

MickJT wrote:

As for pthreads.library (are you sure it wasn't saying the library pthread not found? That refers to a missing libpthread.a in SDK:local/newlib/lib, and nothing to do with pthreads.library in libs:, although that libpthread.a does use pthreads.library, I think).

Your SDK might be old or corrupted.

that the pthread lib was not found, was maybe due to assignes made by AmiCygnix. Not sure, but after commenting the AmiCygnix in user-startup, i got a different problem with pthreads (libpthread.a is indeed in SDK:locak/newlib/lib):

checking for the pthreads library -lpthreads... SDK:Local/C/rm: cannot remove directory `conftest': Is a directory
SDK:Local/C/rm: cannot remove directory `conftest': Is a directory
no
checking whether pthreads work without any flags... SDK:Local/C/rm: cannot remove directory `conftest': Is a directory
no
checking whether pthreads work with -Kthread... SDK:Local/C/rm: cannot remove directory `conftest': Is a directory
no
checking whether pthreads work with -kthread... SDK:Local/C/rm: cannot remove directory `conftest': Is a directory
no
checking for the pthreads library -llthread... SDK:Local/C/rm: cannot remove directory `conftest': Is a directory
no
checking whether pthreads work with -pthread... SDK:Local/C/rm: cannot remove directory `conftest': Is a directory
no
checking whether pthreads work with -pthreads... SDK:Local/C/rm: cannot remove directory `conftest': Is a directory
no
checking whether pthreads work with -mthreads... SDK:Local/C/rm: cannot remove directory `conftest': Is a directory
no
checking for the pthreads library -lpthread... SDK:Local/C/rm: cannot remove directory `conftest': Is a directory
no
checking whether pthreads work with --thread-safe... SDK:Local/C/rm: cannot remove directory `conftest': Is a directory
no
checking whether pthreads work with -mt... SDK:Local/C/rm: cannot remove directory `conftest': Is a directory
no
checking for pthread-config... no
configure: error: Cannot find a working pthread configuration. If you think this is wrong, please review acx_pthread.m4 and report the problem

So, what's now the problem? The SDK 53.20 seems to be ok, I think?

regards,
nexus

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@MickJT

Quote:

MickJT wrote:

If you see issues with removing the "conftest" file throughout configuring, generally it's OK to let the configure script continue, but you can type something in the shell to pause it, and then delete conftest yourself, then backspace in the shell to resume.

Interestingly, the pthread problem disappeared after doing exactly that!
So, now, I have configured it successfully.

thanks all,
nexus

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@nexus

The AmiCygnix script should come after the SDK in user-startup if you need AmiCygnix.

Seems your SDK isn't doing things any stranger than mine.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@MickJT

Quote:

MickJT wrote:

cl_demo seems to work.

FYI: After finally compiling clucene myself, I can see that the cl_demo does not work correctly here. It starts correctly, but neither it can read nor write the files to index or the index directory, respectively. I guess, it's a amiga<->unix path related problem.

Thanks,
nexus

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@nexus

What about cl_demo in the archive I uploaded? I probably linked it with "-lunix". Things I just do by 2nd nature :)

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@MickJT

huh .. i'll have to check Thanks.

Are there any other "you-should-know-about"-compiler/linker options for porting unix stuff to AmigaOS? Where can I find information about things like that?

Maybe I'll have to more carefully read Spot's "porting for dummies" guide.

thanks,
nexus

Go to top

Register To Post
(1) 2 »