Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
108 user(s) are online (62 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 108

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2)
Re: Amigabounty.net not able to accept donations atm.
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Radov

Yea. Symbolic tokens of support. And able to change the quantity of them that you buy.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Troels

Quote:

Troels wrote:
@Marko
No news I'm afraid.

I have contacted Paypal 10 times by email without ever getting a reply.

EDIT: 11 times just now...

I also contacted them by phone 3 times now only to get answered by a young lady who said she would send my account in for review and that there was nothing more they could do. Then nothing happens.

Hopefully you will eventually get someone on the phone who knows what he/she is doing. Like others have said, asking to talk to someone higher up also helps.

The first time that I used PayPal was to buy my A1. I sent the payment, and then the next day PayPal reversed the payment because their algorithms thought that it might be fraud. Initially they were rather slow to respond, but then I threatened to close my account, and never use their service again. After that they relatively quickly resolved the issue, and I haven't had a problem with them since.

Hans

http://hdrlab.org.nz/ - Amiga OS 4 projects, programming articles and more.
https://keasigmadelta.com/ - more of my work
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Troels

Incidentally, you're not the only one with this problem. One of the other affected groups is using WePay, which I had never even heard of.

I'd personally prefer to stick with PayPal because it allows me to donate/pay without entering my Credit Card number and provides me with more control (e.g., a company can automatically charge my Credit Card without my explicit approval, but with PayPal I have to approve the request before it goes through), but if they take too long, then it's worth looking at other options. PayPal might hurry up if you tell them that you are going to shut down your account and go to one of their competitors.

Hans

http://hdrlab.org.nz/ - Amiga OS 4 projects, programming articles and more.
https://keasigmadelta.com/ - more of my work
Go to top
Supreme Council
Supreme Council

See User information
@Troels

Perhaps set up a secondary account while paypal pretend to ponder on this problem.

Vacca foeda. Sum, ergo edo

Mr Bobo Cornwater
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Troels
If problem still is not solved, then maybe we can help you to solve that .. What exactly is problem for now ? They say "wait for something" or what ? Maybe better will be transfer all the money for now from that locking on recv. account to bank account (just to be sure, that money will be safe), and setup another paypal account and forget about that one ?

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@kas1e

I think there's light at the end of the tunnel now. Got in touch with Paypal via phone again and they actually looked at the documents I had provided them with and found that they had everything they needed. So case is sent to limitation team with a message of fast handling etc.

Reason I didn't want to set up another account with Paypal was that I didn't want it to be freezed suddenly because they could accuse me of circumventing their rules or something.

Just to make everything clear, ALL money sits safe in the Amigabounty association bank account in my local bank (Not Amagerbanken) and I hope to get paypal problems sorted this week.

Edited by Troels on 2010/9/14 10:06:05
Bounty site for AmigaOS4! www.amigabounty.net
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Troels

Sounds good, let's hope for the best!

Edited by Marko on 2010/9/14 17:37:26
AmigaOS 4.1 FE Update 2 on Sam440ep-flex, 800Mhz, 1GB RAM, Radeon 9250 Resized Image
A1200/040, 2+4MB, external 3.5''HDD / A1200 (spare) / A500+ (sold) / C128 (sold)
http://m4rko.com/AMIGA
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@Marko

Seems it was the right person I had on the phone today - Our account is restored and fully operational.

Amigabounty.net back in business

Bounty site for AmigaOS4! www.amigabounty.net
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Troels
Very good ! Time to open new bounties then. Afkul with debugger for example :)

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Troels

Nice that this has got a good ending.
Let's just open the wallets.

X5000
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@Troels

Awesome! Too bad things like this take so long...

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Troels

Excellent, just donated a few Euros.

AmigaOS 4.1 FE Update 2 on Sam440ep-flex, 800Mhz, 1GB RAM, Radeon 9250 Resized Image
A1200/040, 2+4MB, external 3.5''HDD / A1200 (spare) / A500+ (sold) / C128 (sold)
http://m4rko.com/AMIGA
Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 (2)