Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
142 user(s) are online (117 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 141

walkero, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Current SDK not have glob/globfree functions from linux ?
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
Just found for now, that my current SDK not have globl.h, and stub iibs not have any references to glob() and globfree() functions at all.

These fucntions not implement in current SDK because of some reassons, or just was forgotten ?

Maybe someone already have object (or .a) with working glob/freeglob inside ?

Join us to improve dopus5!
AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Re: Current SDK not have glob/globfree functions from linux ?
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@all
If anyone in interest, i make a stub library with all that glob/freeglob stuff (sources taken from Franks vbcc posix library, i just only add USE_INLINE). So, if some of you in interest in includes/library for newlib/gcc, then there is. Dunno should i upload that on os4depot or not ?

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@kas1e

MPlayer uses glob if available, but luckily it has a define to not require it if it's not available. If you have already tested your glob() implementation and it is working I'd upload it to os4depot, it might be useful for other projects. Remember to include the sources as it is derived from clib2 which is open source.

Varthall

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@Varthall
Yeah, sources are inside and i think it should works well (i already compile a game which use that), and if you have time, then upload it to os4depot plz (all in all, if some problems will be occurs, users always can write a comment on os4depot, and i will fix it).

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@kas1e

Is there any timeslot in your life to do something like "sleeping" or " having meal"?!?

X1000|II/G4|440ep|2000/060|2000/040|1000
Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@kas1e
Quote:
These fucntions not implement in current SDK because of some reassons, or just was forgotten ?

Do not assume a function should be in the SDK automatically. First, check with Google what standard that function is defined in. For example, do you see the function mentioned as part of the C programming language?

What I find is people often assume a particular function should be available but in fact it is not a part of the C programming language. Therefore, you cannot assume it will be there.

In this particular case, glob() and globfree() are actually POSIX functions and Amiga is not POSIX compliant. We do have a lot of POSIX functions available to make life easier for developers but not those particular ones.

ExecSG Team Lead
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@ssolie
For my mind was very logical, that if we have tons of POSIX fucntions already in SDK, then why not add some more , to make life of end-developers more easer ? For example that glob/freeglob crap can be easyli included to SDK imho (and none of us will loose anything, if it will be in sdk).

Of course it's was not hard to make my own from frank's posix library, but still , why not add that to SDK by default (more = better = easy for all)

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@kas1e
Quote:
For my mind was very logical...

A nicer way to ask would be to request that some new function(s) be added and point to the source code which can be freely used in a commercial system. For completeness, unit tests should also be provided to prove the function(s) work.

I find there is little point in arguing whether some function should or should not be there.

ExecSG Team Lead
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@ssolie

So, i can send for you some code + readme + example which show that these fucntions works, and you can include it in SDK ?

AmigaOS4 on youtube
Go to top
Amigans Defender
Amigans Defender

See User information
@kas1e
Quote:
So, i can send for you some code + readme + example which show that these fucntions works, and you can include it in SDK ?

Demonstrated working code that includes a suitable license is always much better than arguing IMHO.

Now whether those functions will be included in newlib.library or not is up to the Amiga development team but with working code you have a MUCH better chance of getting it included.

ExecSG Team Lead
Go to top

Register To Post