Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
99 user(s) are online (66 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 99

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

« 1 (2)
Re: Need program to assemble animation frames
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@gerograph

Quote:

IBatch can

1) Batchconvert iff images into JPG, PNG, BMP
2) rename/renumber output images (renumberformat is currently only 3digits format (eg. image_001, image_002...) this could be changed/added though.

Thanks! I'll be checking out your program for sure.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@mbrantley

PM sent, Thanx

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Just chiming back in here to say Gero's iBatch is fitting my needs perfectly for batch file conversion from ILBM to JPG. It's now part of my Amiga workflow for LightWave and VistaPro animations, along with ffmpeg for assembly with Kevin's ffmpegGUI.

Incidentally, I have noticed a weirdness with my ImageFX installation. There is an AutoFX.info but no associated file. And this .info file is showing up as a PNG picture icon and not the AutoFX icon one would expect. Must figure this out... (There's always something to do!)

And, #6, maybe I'll start a new thread for what needs doing to get ADPro fully working. Another project for another day...

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@mbrantley

Quote:
Incidentally, I have noticed a weirdness with my ImageFX installation. There is an AutoFX.info but no associated file. And this .info file is showing up as a PNG picture icon and not the AutoFX icon one would expect. Must figure this out... (There's always something to do!)

Could be a Morphos icon.
Was just browsing Cecilia's .pdf, since I don't have the CD. Seems there are 2 autofx.info.
Small one seems to be in the root directory and one about 8k in PPC/Powerstation_MorphOS/icons.
Neither shows a matching program.

However, I'm not sure if this matches with the OS4 install,
Here's the website for those who want tricks/tips/etc.

http://cecilia.sawneybean.com

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Quote:

number6 wrote:
Could be a Morphos icon.

Could be, but I dunno. I grabbed the proper icons from an IFX4 installation I have on another Amiga, and all is good now.

Quote:

Here's the website for those who want tricks/tips/etc.

http://cecilia.sawneybean.com

Thanks for that link! I will be ordering Cecilia's CD soon. I wish I could get to all my old NewTechniques and Video Toaster User magazines, but they are quite inaccessible in storage right at the moment.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@number6

MorphOS icon? PNG Icon.

just download the im_plugin from OS4depot.net

(NutsAboutAmiga)

Basilisk II for AmigaOS4
AmigaInputAnywhere
Excalibur
and other tools and apps.
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@LiveForIt

Quote:
MorphOS icon? PNG Icon.

Yes, I know it's .png.
I was just checking the directory structure to see why he was seeing it and told him it came from a specific MorphOS directory on the CD.
I called it MorphOS icon to differentiate from another one in root directory, that, by its size, seems to be a standard icon.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@mbrantley
Quote:

Thanks. Let us know if ceclia will let you share. I do have ImageFX installed on my Sam. I initially bought the program a year or two ago and installed it on my 4000.

I originally installed ImageFX 4.5 on my SAM manually because the included installer had problems. However, I didn't get the installation correct until I obtained the new installer and native JPEG loader at OS4Depot. The printed manual available on the NovaDesign WEB site is very helpful. I use ImageFX 4.5 to create/edit icons to match the new OS 4.1 standard. It's really handy to display the alpha blended image with the layer manager. I don't know how I could get good alpha blending without a way to display the image at various stages of editing the alpha channel. I can also load PNG icons and save them in "real" OS4 32bit IFF format for loading into icons with the RAWBInfo window. You really need to install ImageFX 4.5 with the OS4Depot installer or you may end up with some outdated loaders/savers like I did with my manual install.

It looks like you've solved your problem with a collection of programs but it seems like AutoFX should be able to do the batch conversion but I haven't figured out how to do it.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@LiveForIt
Quote:

LiveForIt wrote:
@number6

MorphOS icon? PNG Icon.

just download the im_plugin from OS4depot.net

Or just load the PNG image into a real OS4 icon with the RAWBInfo program by selecting the WorkBench/Icons/Information menu and using the RAWBInfo IconImage/load menu. Half of the purpose for Amiga Icons is to include Tooltypes, Default Tool, stack, etc. Just displaying a PNG image as an icon only gives you half of an Amiga icon in my opinion.

Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@xenic

Since you have the CD, can you respond to this?

I appreciate the link to "allow" MBrantley to see the .png icon, but I don't think THAT was his point.
If you read the thread, it seems he wanted standard icon.
If you see how he "solved" his issue, it seems he copied something back from prior install (classic?).
I'm looking at the docs only, since I don't have the CD.
I see the auto.fx icon in the root directory which is about 1k, meaning it is prolly a standard icon.
No one has answered whether it really exists or is copied over with the OS4 install.
Can you confirm?
Did Brantley miss seeing it? or is the install copying the .png icon?

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
I've installed so many programs this summer in an explosion of interest in Amiga-like next-gen computers (AOS4.1u2 on my Sam440, MOS 2.5 on my eMac, and AROS/Icaros on my iMica Silent) that it's all starting to blur together. :) But if faulty memory serves, I installed IFX 4.5 on my Sam using an installation script from OS4dDepot, and perhaps that installed a set of nonstandard icons???

In my IFX4.5 installation, it wasn't just AutoFX but also ImageFX and several drawer icons that showed up as .info files with an icon labeled PNG when showing all files. I don't care either way about fancy icons -- just wanted to launch AutoFX, so I grabbed a set of standard icons from a classic install of the program from one of my Amigas.

It's all working for me now.

Edited by mbrantley on 2010/8/12 17:33:31
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I use one little but really cool 68k program from Aminet.

http://aminet.net/package/gfx/conv/JPEG2MOV

My Lw render images in JPG format, after that this JPEG2MOV program with GUI assemble (very quick) QT animation. (with support for input sound and FPS change)
This mov file after that can be played/tested with MPlayer, and converted with ffmpeg in AVI, DIVx....

Tested only on my Mos setup, but I think Os4 will also run this proggy.

Simple and fast.

A4000 PPC, A1200PPC, A1200/040, A120/030, A500x3
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@number6
Quote:

I see the auto.fx icon in the root directory which is about 1k, meaning it is prolly a standard icon.
No one has answered whether it really exists or is copied over with the OS4 install.
Can you confirm?
Did Brantley miss seeing it? or is the install copying the .png icon?

Based on the fact that I originally did a manual install and the used the OS4Depot installer after I discovered it was available, I can't tell what I did from what the installer did. I did end up with the standard icons but I can see that there are PNG icons in IFXInstall:PPC/PowerStation_MorphOS/Icons directory on the install disk.

Go to top

Register To Post
« 1 (2)