Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
58 user(s) are online (33 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 3
Guests: 55

Lio, amigait, frederick, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Hardware clock
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
I have a dualboot system with Debian and OS 4.1 Update 2. After messing around with linux it managed to set the hardware clock to an invalid setting which resulted in Uboot screen showing time from the year 2070. When trying to boot OS 4.1, the workbench screen never appears. I try to install from scratch with my original 4.1 cd and same happens. I then managed to set the hardware clock correct again in linux and everything installed fine and working again.

The Amiga OS won't start up if time settings are invalid for any reason (not even the original OS cd, because it looks for time settings in the beginning of installation).

Go to top
Re: Hardware clock
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@mcleppa

You could probably boot to no startup sequence using the mouse button combo, then use the c:date command to modify the date, then "time save" to save it.

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
but anyway, as I forwarded in another thread here, booting into linux on SAM does weired things to the clock... I did not investigate further.

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@gerograph

Quote:
but anyway, as I forwarded in another thread here, booting into linux on SAM does weired things to the clock... I did not investigate further.
By default Linux assumes the RTC is in UTC. If you are using Linux on a system together with another OS which uses local time for the RTC instead, no matter if it's AmigaOS, Windows or something else, you have to change Linux to use local time as well. In Debian the setting is in /etc/default/rcS (in other Linux distributions it can be in another file), change UTC from yes to no. Maybe you additionally have to use "hwclock --systohc --localtime" once to change /etc/adjtime from UTC to LOCAL as well.

Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@joerg

ok i'm in the same boat with the time issue but how do I edit the rcS file when I'm in the terminal as admin ? if I try to edit the file from the dir it ays I don't have permission?

(sorry I'm a Linux/Debian noob on my Samflex)

mancave-ramblings

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@mcleppa

You are experiencing something like this

Philippe 'Elwood' FERRUCCI
Sam460ex 1.10 Ghz
http://elwoodb.free.fr
Go to top