Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
140 user(s) are online (65 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 1
Guests: 139

miggymac, more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

Using two network card in the same time! !
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
egrhh Dont know where need start! Problem is network betwen my A1200 and uA1c! I get PCI network card for my uA1c (tested and is working) now have question is possible to using two network card on OS4 in the same time ?? one is onboard other is PCI??! Why I need that?! Have plan to connect my A1200 to A1 via this PCI network card ..need it for sharing net connection and for ftp file sending!

Yeah I have router but all port is used by other HW and this is only way to connect my A1200 to the network!

If anyone know how and what I need to setUp,please help me! On OS4.1 (last update) using OS4 TCP stack on A1200/os3.9 is MiamiDX!

Need some inofos about IP,and all other configuration info!

Thanx!

Amiga x5000 ı o2o ı 4GB RAM ı RadeonRX580 | SBlaster Audigy Fx - AmigaOS4.1 FInal Edition

A1200 sandwich

Warp - Croatian Amiga portal
Go to top
Re: Using two network card in the same time! !
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@VooDoo

Even if it is possible (and I'm not sure it is, i.e. I'm not sure Roadshow can handle two netinterfaces running at the same time), it is a messy and complicated solution.

Get a switch instead and make both the A1 and the A1200 regular nodes on your LAN. It's a much cleaner solution, and a switch doesn't cost much these days. You will even have several extra ports available for visitors etc. afterwards.

Random example found in Google:

http://www.play.com/PC/PCs/-/660/867/ ... uct.html?searchtype=genre

There are many fine ones at similar prices. You just hook it up to one of your router's Ethernet ports, and then you can hook up all your computers, including the A1200, to the remaining ports on either the router or the switch, whichever is more convenient. If you run out of ports one day, just get one more switch and daisy-chain it off either of the other two units.

Best regards,

Niels

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@VooDoo

You have no modem with a swith integrated ??? I use this kind of modem and on the modem switch are the ethernet cable for the SAM and the ethernet cable for the A1200.

BTW, I have never try to communicate by etherenet between both at the same time because I have just one monitor and don't know if It's possible...

A1200+Mediator+VooDoo3+060/50+96mo+IIYAMA 17"+CD,CDRW,ZIP SCSI-KIT
SAM440EP on Mapower 3000+AOS4.1

Amiga Docs Disk Preservation Project
Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Mrodfr

I have modem and router! Router have 4 ports but all is busy!! And that is reason why I try to using PCI network card! I will buy new router wiht more ports or swithc!

Amiga x5000 ı o2o ı 4GB RAM ı RadeonRX580 | SBlaster Audigy Fx - AmigaOS4.1 FInal Edition

A1200 sandwich

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@VooDoo

Hum.... this is the real reason and I think the best is to resell one or two PC (allways crash a PC, you know)....

A1200+Mediator+VooDoo3+060/50+96mo+IIYAMA 17"+CD,CDRW,ZIP SCSI-KIT
SAM440EP on Mapower 3000+AOS4.1

Amiga Docs Disk Preservation Project
Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@VooDoo

Yeah, I saw now that you got the same advice on AW.net.

FWIW, I find a separate switch to be a more flexible solution, as you can put the router and the switch in two different parts of the house and minimize the number of long cables you have to run between rooms (to one). Depends on your needs, of course.

Best regards,

Niels

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@Mrodfr
On network have Two Amiga,xbox and brothers PC :( ;) ..and yeah need one more slot for another A1200 ppc :D

A1200 sandwich

Go to top
Quite a regular
Quite a regular

See User information
@VooDoo

Quote:

VooDoo wrote:
@Mrodfr

I have modem and router! Router have 4 ports but all is busy!! And that is reason why I try to using PCI network card! I will buy new router wiht more ports or swithc!

If you can get another 4 ports router or switch for free: stick one cable from the original router into on of the lan ports of the new one and you get 3 port on the same subnet of the first router.

Jack

Resized Image
"the expression, 'atonal music,' is most unfortunate--it is on a par with calling flying 'the art of not falling,' or swimming 'the art of not drowning.'. A. Schoenberg
Go to top
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
Is posible. I connect my sam440 to PC and the PC connect to router via wireless.

Resized Image

More info here:
http://freesoftwareando.com/5268/compartir-conexion-inalambrica-en-linux-con-otros-ordenadores/

Go to top

Register To Post