Login
Username:

Password:

Remember me

Lost Password?

Register now!

Sections

Who's Online
170 user(s) are online (105 user(s) are browsing Forums)

Members: 0
Guests: 170

more...

Headlines

Register To Post  

OS4.1 Native IM Project
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
Hey guys,

Over the past recent months Ive been quite negative and I want to change all of that by starting a little project of - on my own. I want learn how to programe nativly in os4.1 and I thought considering, I use Instent Messaging software alot on pc`s, why not learn how they work and learn how to programe them on my favourite platform os4.1.

Now with the recently released update which brings sam440 out of beta, I am more eager to learn how to programe.

But I plan to do this in stages..by drawing a road map and learning each section bit by bit and bringing them together in an all in one native Im application. Not only I hope to achieve this, but I would like to add twiter, and facebook support - and some how web cam support too.
(using creative quickcam pro 9000 yes there are open source drivers availble).

Again as you know in amiga land, projects like these takes a very very long time to do espically when someone like me has never touched any programing language apart from a bbc micro animation - even that was copyed from a book!

I have no idea how long this project will take, or will it even come alive.I want to have ago, 2010 is starting to be a very good year for amiga users every where thankyou hyperion.

Go to top
Re: OS4.1 Native IM Project
Just popping in
Just popping in

See User information
@magic

If you are serious I would suggest you look at libpurple and instantbird.

libpurple is the library that pidgeon uses for IM, InstantBird is a GUI written using the Mozilla rendering engine, but the time you have libpurple done the AOS mozilla project should have yeilded something so the GUI should be quite simple.

With libpurple you get all the IM channels included (which amounts to just about everything).

Mark

For custom designed applications, websites, ecommerce and secure hosting visit:

www.icestarmedia.com
Go to top
Home away from home
Home away from home

See User information
@magic

As well as getting in touch with jahc
He's done a lot in the field of IM, Chat and such

He can probably help

Good luck with your project, mate

People are dying.
Entire ecosystems are collapsing.
We are in the beginning of a mass extinction.
And all you can talk about is money and fairytales of eternal economic growth.
How dare you!
– Greta Thunberg
Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@magic
Learning to program for Aos was one of my dreams from the Commodore days, never managed to get into it though.
The tools are getting better and better I see (new libraries, new CodeBench etc.).

Good luck on your endeavor!

Go to top
Not too shy to talk
Not too shy to talk

See User information
@thread

Adding to this can someone reconmend a good gui editor for amiga os4.1.1? I am sure i saw one somewhere were there was hardly any programing needed just design and implant a gui front end?

Go to top
Just can't stay away
Just can't stay away

See User information
@magic

Good luck with your project :)

Go to top

Register To Post